have noticed that it brightens up a lot better automatically when pointed to a darker area. In the last OS it would not brighten it much and i had to physically move the focus box to the dark area to get even a relative improvement.
    Yes, this is the issue that had been discussed at length in the forums here, and which from what I can tell was responsible for most of the downratings of the Z10 camera by tech and review publications that compared it to competitor's smartphones. As a person who has been doing photography as a hobby and occasionally professionally for close to 40 years now, I also know that the workaround of moving the focus point around isn't really a very good solution, but it was a good test-case which may well have helped Blackberry come up with a quick fix for the issue. Bravo to them for that.

One of the sites that jumped to a negative conclusion over the low-light issue of the Z10 was Engadget - maybe someone can convince them to re-test with the newer build now.
    singh60 likes this.
    03-01-13 12:28 AM
    Okay so I did a quick scan of the forum and didn't see this mentioned so far.
    I'm not sure if this is new to this build or I just hadn't noticed before. When in BBM and in a conversation, new comments from other conversations will drop down in little notifications from the top. More or less how they used to pop up at the bottom of the screen on OS 7.1

Now I usually use the hub to view all my messages (its weird not going to BBM all the time) but today used BBM instead. Could someone clarify for me if this is a new feature added or if this was in the original OS that came with the launch?

Thanks
    it was always there, i use the bbm app to message people since day 1
    PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    03-01-13 12:34 AM
    If you want to see some samples of 10.0.10.261 vs 10.0.10.672 in low lighting I could give it a go on the weekend. That's the magic of having 2 Z10s Or you can wait for the comparisons on CB I'm sure they will do one

They need to include a way to control the ISO because it really helps make those low light scenes more visible even though there's more noise
    That would be great. I agree on the ISO thing.

My impression is that digital cameras have not been a particularly high priority at RIM in the past, but the great thing about a software-controlled device like this is that you can make a huge amount of improvements on how the camera performs and the features it has simply through software updates. I wish I could have done that with my Nikons from 20-30 years ago.
    03-01-13 12:34 AM
    Bell says Update is out but only when connected to blackberry link...

I dont see an update there though
    03-01-13 12:43 AM
    Bell says Update is out but only when connected to blackberry link...

I dont see an update there though
    They told me the same thing too!
    03-01-13 12:48 AM
    Does anyone know if the so called bluetooth issues were fixed in these last two updates?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:29 AM
    Does anyone know if the so called bluetooth issues were fixed in these last two updates?

Posted via CB10
    Ppl report yes

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:43 AM
    Hi

I have one white Z10 Rogers and unlocked. I'm using in vietnam but have not SIM card. Can I update os via OTA??

Thanks so much
    03-01-13 01:43 AM
    Does anyone know if this fixes the word substitution. It had worked in every messaging app except text messaging before.
    Yes. This was needed. I use WS a lot and my texts looked chopped. The little things improve the usage experience so much.
    03-01-13 02:25 AM
    Hi

I have one white Z10 Rogers and unlocked. I'm using in vietnam but have not SIM card. Can I update os via OTA??

Thanks so much
    Do you still have your Rogers sim card?? All you have to do is put the Rogers sim card in, and check for updates in settings. I have an unlocked Fido Z10 in the US, and it worked perfectly! If you don't have the Rogers sim card, you won't be able to do the OTA until your carrier approves it.
    03-01-13 02:59 AM
    I have a question about these updates, as the article pointed out that updates will be pushed based on carriers.

What happens if I am using a different model of z10 than what i supported in my country .
    Like I am using stl100-2 the UK version, where as i live in Dubai and am on DU network and the model being sold here is the non-LTE model.

not sure how the updates would work and hope it won't push a non-LTE model update on to my LTE device
    03-01-13 03:39 AM
    Ha! Well, it's new to him!

I confirm, yes, it was already there.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-01-13 03:48 AM
    I have a question about these updates, as the article pointed out that updates will be pushed based on carriers.

What happens if I am using a different model of z10 than what i supported in my country .
    Like I am using stl100-2 the UK version, where as i live in Dubai and am on DU network and the model being sold here is the non-LTE model.

not sure how the updates would work and hope it won't push a non-LTE model update on to my LTE device
    +1, i would also like some info on this, i am using stl 100-2 in India and the model rolled out here is stl 100-1. How to update.

Thanks
    03-01-13 03:59 AM
    Why is BBRY dont show the Changelog to the Public??
    03-01-13 04:02 AM
    You know for companies like Google and samsung, their OS updates are leaked well in advance and are not like blackberry where the time difference between leaked and official OS update is probably not much. One benefit of leaking the OS in advance is that ppl like us become their unpaid testers, and we go on an on to discuss what the problems in the leaked OS are. THese discussions are probably then picked up by Samsung and they make the relevant changes and remove the bugs as reported in our discussions. Maybe this is the way blackberry should also go and then we wont have to be at the mercy of the carriers, not that it makes a difference to me cos in the Indian market, the phones are as it is sold unlocked only and are not bound to the carrier.
    nemo7 likes this.
    03-01-13 04:08 AM
    BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    nemo7 likes this.
    03-01-13 04:54 AM
    It's been on Rogers Z10s since day 1.

It works Rogers-Rogers and Rogers-Fido. Same network.
    I have 2 brothers both have iphone 5 on fido, and im on Rogers, with iphone 5 and Z10 and never saw the icon lit up... when they talk between each other they can hear that the sound of voice is in hd but when i call them they say it's not hd and i don't see the hd icon
    Sent from my Z10
    03-01-13 05:38 AM
    Well, after going to bed last night and waking up this morning, I can confirm that my SMS msgs are still gone, AND I did not receive a second or third update from Rogers So I got the initial 149mb update yesterday and it nerfed my SMS and haven't had a second update since. And the worst part, I tried to do a backup with BB link and it comes back with an error that the backup did not complete, so I can't even do a backup or a wipe (unless I want to start fresh!!) I will be on the phone with Rogers tech support and escalate to BlackBerry if I need to!!
    03-01-13 06:18 AM
    Anyone on Fido who upgraded confirm if mobile hot spot is working? Previously it was working without issues. Now when I try to turn on it times out. I've tried reboots and it still gives me the same result. Currently I am on unlimited data for 6 months. So I'm just trying to take advantage of it while I can. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:24 AM
    perhaps support to android 4.0 ! ? !
    Apparently no support for Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Why have operating system names become ridiculous?
    03-01-13 07:46 AM
    Maybe they are embarrassed by the minor nature of the update? There must be a massive bureaucracy within BlackBerry to explain the no longer in motion company. They cannot even live up to their marketing slogan for BlackBerry 10 - Keep Moving.
    03-01-13 07:51 AM
    Apparently no support for Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Why have operating system names become ridiculous?
    All Android updates are named after desserts or sweets.
    03-01-13 08:05 AM
    Maybe they are embarrassed by the minor nature of the update? There must be a massive bureaucracy within BlackBerry to explain the no longer in motion company. They cannot even live up to their marketing slogan for BlackBerry 10 - Keep Moving.
    Many many software vendors are cagey about publishing detailed changelogs because the marketing department is not keen about publicly publishing giant lists of bugs, even if the bugs were fixed. This has been SOP for lots of companies for decades now.

I don't think BBRY has anything to apologize for for this update that comes only 3 weeks after the introduction of the product.

"No longer in motion"? Surely you jest.
    habs_fan and elGuapoTorres like this.
    03-01-13 08:07 AM
    FWIW, I would never have expected BBRY to update the Android runtime to Jellybean (which is what they announced they will update to, not ICS) this soon. That's a big deal to integrate something like that. Just to highlight one aspect, changing the Android VM could break all sorts of already ported and tested Android apps in one fell swoop. Not trivial.
    03-01-13 08:10 AM
    Just called Bell Tech Service. They have no idea when/if the update is coming. Why is bell so late with BlackBerry support?!?! Arg!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:15 AM
758 ... 2122232425 ...