got the additional 12 mb update too rogers toronto

Attachment 138606
    Does this fix the BBM missing in the hub / no notification issue?
    02-28-13 10:47 PM
    I've noticed something else while on a call earlier with a family member. The HD Audio icon looks to be different. I believe it used to be "HD Audio" with a rectangle icon. Now I see that its written only HD, and has a bubble text icon.

Can someone please confirm this?
    This is correct. This change exists in 10.0.10.648.
    big samm and LiLAzNNewB like this.
    02-28-13 10:48 PM
    Rogers Z10 update 10.0.10.85-img_00000297.jpghi
    wired.. not all ported not working.. some are not working even after reintall
    even Songza not working

e.g gaana apps.
    02-28-13 10:49 PM
    Attachment 138604

I'm still on the older version, with Bell... But I can confirm the black background and white numbers for the page numbers are there, and have been since day one [for me], I use it all the time!
    the call timing on the phone icon(bottom left) is pure ingenuity
    02-28-13 10:51 PM
    Can you show us some samples?

The official changelog suggests that the changes had to do with how the device decides whether or not to use flash. But the impression I had gotten from the various reviews from various sources and discussions and demonstrations here about the Z10 camera was that the Z10 camera's weak point was its metering, which often made its results look inferior to the competition mainly because it was underexposing certain shots. (ie where backlighting was present)
    Really? REALLY?
    "3. Camera - We’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature."
    BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    blakobecwa likes this.
    02-28-13 10:54 PM
    Really? REALLY?
    "3. Camera - We�ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You�ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don�t use a flash � like the Time Shift Camera feature."
    BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    He's just asking for some pics in low light condition hoping that someone took before and after update to verify if it has been improved. Not that he didn't believe what the other user said lol. We know that blackberry has done some optimization in regards to the camera lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:01 PM
    I'm really looking forward to some nice Android-like segmentation. The way that this should be done is one OS for all, released by BlackBerry to everyone at the same time.
    This process is nothing like Android's segmentation. BlackBerry has done their part, it's now up to the carriers to push it through. Clearly Canada's leading carriers are on the ball - while others are not. Got a problem with the delay? Dial 611.

He's just asking for some pics in low light condition hoping that someone took before and after update to verify if it has been improved. Not that he didn't believe what the other user said lol. We know that blackberry has done some optimization in regards to the camera lol.
    To save us some back and forth time here - the user stated that "the official changelog suggests that the changes had to do with how the device decides whether or not to use flash - yet in the link provided to the official blog post, it clearly states that the changes were made to the low-light conditions.

So where's his official changelog? Even the CB main-page states "Camera - optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations"
    02-28-13 11:01 PM
    This process is nothing like Android's segmentation. BlackBerry has done their part, it's now up to the carriers to push it through. Clearly Canada's leading carriers are on the ball - while others are not. Got a problem with the delay? Dial 611.
    I dialed 611 many times in the past and now. They don't give a sh1t. Good idea though Also, Europe is getting newer version of the OS than even this latest update and that was yesterday...so...why?
    02-28-13 11:04 PM
    Also looks like they fixed the calendar issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:07 PM
    I dialed 611 many times in the past and now. They don't give a sh1t. Good idea though Also, Europe is getting newer version of the OS than even this latest update and that was yesterday...so...why?
    I think Bell's just slow to the punch - as always. Maybe try 911, you might even make it on the news! "Outraged BlackBerry customer calls 911 over lack of OS update"!

Wasn't there a time when BlackBerry OS could be updated, without carrier approval, providing they didn't change anything with the radio stack?
    02-28-13 11:09 PM
    Backup to blackberry link doesn't require air plane mode to be on anymore : D
    02-28-13 11:11 PM

To save us some back and forth time here - the user stated that "the official changelog suggests that the changes had to do with how the device decides whether or not to use flash - yet in the link provided to the official blog post, it clearly states that the changes were made to the low-light conditions.

So where's his official changelog? Even the CB main-page states "Camera - optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations"
    I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong on that lol. I know where you're heading, and I did read carefully the change log on the Inside BlackBerry site but he was replying to Blakobecwa, who states that pics taken are better in low light.

That aside guys, have the calendar app always shown "31" only? Cause now it's showing "1" (past midnight here..) Wooh!!

Posted via CB10
    wxmancanada likes this.
    02-28-13 11:12 PM
    Okay so I did a quick scan of the forum and didn't see this mentioned so far.
    I'm not sure if this is new to this build or I just hadn't noticed before. When in BBM and in a conversation, new comments from other conversations will drop down in little notifications from the top. More or less how they used to pop up at the bottom of the screen on OS 7.1

Now I usually use the hub to view all my messages (its weird not going to BBM all the time) but today used BBM instead. Could someone clarify for me if this is a new feature added or if this was in the original OS that came with the launch?

Thanks
    02-28-13 11:14 PM
    I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong on that lol. I know where you're heading, and I did read carefully the change log on the Inside BlackBerry site but he was replying to Blakobecwa, who states that pics taken are better in low light.
    I'm just cranky because RIM has my Z10 and I can't try out this update... Don't mind me too much
    LiLAzNNewB likes this.
    02-28-13 11:15 PM
    hi
    i installed the leake version. how can i delete this OS and load the new one.. i am having some issues opening ported apps
    02-28-13 11:16 PM
    Can you show us some samples?

The official changelog suggests that the changes had to do with how the device decides whether or not to use flash. But the impression I had gotten from the various reviews from various sources and discussions and demonstrations here about the Z10 camera was that the Z10 camera's weak point was its metering, which often made its results look inferior to the competition mainly because it was underexposing certain shots. (ie where backlighting was present)
    Its going to be difficult showing you before and after photo's. I'd have to take 2 identical shots, one with the update and one without. I'm definitely not going back. BUT I was using the camera quite a bit and have noticed that it brightens up a lot better automatically when pointed to a darker area. In the last OS it would not brighten it much and i had to physically move the focus box to the dark area to get even a relative improvement.

So far so good, seems like Blackberry did fix it IMHO and on top of that these were the points that Bla1ze wrote in the updated post on the main crackberry page:

3rd Party App Performance - improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth
    Phone, Calendar, and Contacts - fixes for Gmail calendars, improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log, general improvements to importing contacts from online sources
    Camera - optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations
    Browser and Media - a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback
    Battery Life - over 60 battery saving improvements
    02-28-13 11:19 PM
    ]hi
    wired.. not all ported not working.. some are not working even after reintall
    even Songza not working

e.g gaana apps.
    yes, seems some of my sideloaded apps are no longer working. will try to reinstall tomorrow to see if that has any impact.
    02-28-13 11:25 PM
    Just a quick general observation but the OS and opening/closing apps appear to be even smoother and zippier...at least that's my quick impression on my device after the update. I need to use it for a few days to see whether some of the bugs I've encountered are now mostly clean. But looking good so far! Thanks BB and keep the updates and good stuff rollin'!
    the brother and elGuapoTorres like this.
    02-28-13 11:28 PM
    What a bunch of male bovine excrement. This carrier controlled release is absolute bunch of horse manure. Yeah, I'm pissed I bought my device outright and I still have to wait of fu-king Bell to make up their minds on an official release...a bit late, don't ya think?

Europe is now getting 10.0.10.90 already, OS version 10.0.10.690 vs. even the one here that is at 10.0.10.672 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-90-a-776957/

Wonderful stuff...I'm really looking forward to some nice Android-like segmentation. The way that this should be done is one OS for all, released by BlackBerry to everyone at the same time.
    You bought off contract? Well at least you can switch. I might.
    Strobiform likes this.
    02-28-13 11:29 PM
    This is the way it's alwayss been... frustratingly so. I VERY MUCH wish BBM could be customized and/or would work like it did on my Torch. I don't want all my messages scrolling. Frustrating.
    02-28-13 11:36 PM
    If you want to see some samples of 10.0.10.261 vs 10.0.10.672 in low lighting I could give it a go on the weekend. That's the magic of having 2 Z10s Or you can wait for the comparisons on CB I'm sure they will do one

They need to include a way to control the ISO because it really helps make those low light scenes more visible even though there's more noise
    02-28-13 11:48 PM
    I think Bell's just slow to the punch - as always. Maybe try 911, you might even make it on the news! "Outraged BlackBerry customer calls 911 over lack of OS update"!

Wasn't there a time when BlackBerry OS could be updated, without carrier approval, providing they didn't change anything with the radio stack?
    I can already see it. "Breaking News: Deranged Bell customer had to be restrained by police, screaming and kicking, while cursing Bell for not releasing an update to his Z10 phone." LMAO

You bought off contract? Well at least you can switch. I might.
    Unlimited data plan...hard...to...give up...there is nothing like it out there...
    03-01-13 12:02 AM
    Mine all worked fine, and I have a ton of them. Sideloads too! I had read this wasn't possible but it is. I got same thing as your shot above, but just went checking other native apps etc, and was thinking "no biggie" i will just reload my slideloads (all their icons and folders were in place - that never happened for me in OS 7 or prior). But when I rechecked them awhile later they all worked, and some (google maps) seem to work even better than before. Poynt sideload now finds gps which it didn't before too. VERY IMPRESSED with how this update process went. I kind of dreaded it on the older devices, it took so much time backing up, reloading/configuring. This was such a sweet experience I can't wait to see how 10.1 will be!!! BB10 FTW!!
    elGuapoTorres and nemo7 like this.
    03-01-13 12:09 AM
    Yep, but I also mis-remembered, for some reason, that section of the Blackberry "Top 5" blog post. For some reason what I remembered was that it said something about "optimized the camera's algorithm for using flash" or somesuch, but when I read it again it actually said "...optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You�ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don�t use a flash...".

I'm sure someone at Blackberry must have changed that after I first read it.
    03-01-13 12:18 AM
    Not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but I've noticed some of these changes... unless I'm imagining these...

1. Lock screen background is brighter now. The previous version dimmed the background a lot, making the entire lockscreen look really dark. The latest update made it much brighter, but still a tad darker than when the phone is unlocked. This is a welcome change as I always thought the lockscreen was too dark.

2. From what I've noticed with the camera... the metering is significantly different. I believe the previous version would spot meter at wherever the focus point is, so if you're pointed at something dark, it would severely brighten/overexpose your shot and vice versa. The new camera app seems to rely mostly on matrix metering (metering the entire scene, not at the focus point). But when I try to place the focus point on dark and bright areas of the scene, it does still seem to have a very small effect on the exposure, but no where near as much as before. It's like they are using a very lightly centre-weighted metering system now (still relying mostly on matrix metering). I would still love to see an exposure compensation adjustment though because it still tends to underexpose sometimes.

3. GPS seems to lock position more quickly and more accurately.
    03-01-13 12:19 AM
758 ... 2021222324 ...