Remember people:
    When you're done with update, go back and check for updates again. There is another one. (some people reported three)
    I can't believe we got these updates in less than a month. This company really has changed for the better!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-01-13 at 10:00 AM.
    willi_beamen and 9647 like this.
    02-28-13 06:57 PM
    So one thing is for sure. By the time this thing launches in the US we are definitely getting a much more complete device then back in January. That is at least something to be thankful for.
    willi_beamen and web99 like this.
    02-28-13 07:00 PM
    Nothing on Virgin Canada yet, I'm pissed.

Posted via CB10
    Remember people:
    1.You will think your text messages are gone after update. They will come back after 10 min's or so.
    2. When you're done with update, go back and check for updates again. There is another one. (some people reported three)
    I can't belive we got these updates in less than a month. This company really has changed for the better!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I went from a battery pull at 3:50pm and didn't do 1 until 7pm (now it's 8pm) and any txts I have sent and receive now, show up, but previous ones (like people I did't talk to today) aren't showing up. Thanks for the optimism, but that's not the case in my situation.

AND I have been checking for updates since 5pm and nothing new for me!!!
    Okay folks! I'm just grouping up all the things that have been said so far (page 1 to page 16). By no means did I test all of these yet, but the folks in the community did :P

What's new from these updates:

• HD video streaming has been optimized
    • Encryption has been added to the phone.
    • Option to receive calls while Bedside mode is active.
    • Google Calendar has been fixed. 2-way Sync + Multiple Calendar support)
    • The gestures are much more snappier than previously when flowing between pages.
    • Bootup is quicker.
    • Text message app jumps to text messages and not just the HUB
    • Voicemail notification has been fixed.
    • Settings screen is very quick to appear when clicked.
    • Rotation is a lot quicker and screen seems sharper.
    • Editing circle is optimized.
    • Delay after hitting SEND for SMS has been fixed. (Finally! Thank god...I'm a spammer)
    • BBM bubbles are smaller and text is smaller on hub. (?)
    • Camera optimization (?)
    • Screen brighter (?)
    • Keyboard is smoother (?)
    • Word substitution with option to turn on and off works now.

Updated list:

• Battery improvements (?) (I added the question mark because it's still somewhat early to say...)
    • Visual Voicemail available.

Those with the (?) are the ones I am unsure of... as it has only been mentioned once..!

Possible issues with the update:

Losing BBM, or/and Contacts, or/and SMS.
    SD Card no longer detected.
    Missing icons (Contacts)
    Text messages no longer in the HUB

Possible fixes to the issues provided by some:

Text msg no longer in the HUB: Reboot device // 5-Swipe Reboot HUB // Wait.. (?) Lol

Hope this helps... :P
    Regarding delay after hitting send for sms, now there's a ~3 second delay for the message to appear in the conversation after hitting the send button.

Am I the only one?

Posted via CB10
    dknv9 likes this.
    02-28-13 07:01 PM
    Regarding delay after hitting send for sms, now there's a ~3 second delay for the message to appear in the conversation after hitting the send button.

Am I the only one?

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily 3 seconds for me, but at the least, the msg is no longer there... so you can already start typing the next msg for the same person.

Before, if you press SEND and it doesn't disappear, and you start typing, it'll jam the text msging app and you'll have the reboot the HUB. lol.
    02-28-13 07:04 PM
    Remember your whole text message conversation comes back when you either send someone a text or when they send you one. Don't worry!

Posted via CB10
    Stop spreading false info! no, you don't need to have someone text you to get the conversations back. Perform all the updates, and they should come back after a few minutes. If they don't, try restarting. If that doesn't work, it's an issue specific to you that not many people are facing (ie a bug). To say that someone needs to text you to get your history again is *normal* behavior is just plain wrong. You said it a few times, too. Stop talking when you have no idea what you're saying.
    02-28-13 07:05 PM
    Not necessarily 3 seconds for me, but at the least, the msg is no longer there... so you can already start typing the next msg for the same person.

Before, if you press SEND and it doesn't disappear, and you start typing, it'll jam the text msging app and you'll have the reboot the HUB. lol.
    That's true, but I wished it was as instant nous as BBM by now, looks like we'll have to wait another month for the next update

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:06 PM
    Stop spreading false info! now you don't need to have someone text you to get the conversations back. Perform all the updates, and they should come back after a few minutes. If they don't, try restarting. If that doesn't work, it's an issue specific to you that not many people are facing (ie a bug). To say that someone needs to text you to get your history again is *normal* behavior is just plain wrong. You said it a few times, too. Stop talking when you have no idea what you're saying.
    THANK YOU!!!
    02-28-13 07:06 PM
    THANK YOU!!!
    No, thank you!
    02-28-13 07:07 PM
    [QUOTE=QuIcKsIlV3r;8050385]I went from a battery pull at 3:50pm and didn't do 1 until 7pm (now it's 8pm) and any txts

I did not read your earlier posts. So you downloaded first update and can't see second?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:08 PM
    Waiting for those camera tests
    02-28-13 07:08 PM
    Just updated my Telus z10. Thanks to whoever recommended to remove the sd card before updating, a few pages back. Everything went smoothly. No missing texts or contacts or anything.
    02-28-13 07:09 PM
    Visual Voicemail after the update? How? Where? I don't have any options for it still. I'm on Rogers btw...

Posted via CB10
    I have a Fido Z10 on T-Mobile...
    02-28-13 07:11 PM
    Okay folks! I'm just grouping up all the things that have been said so far (page 1 to page 16). By no means did I test all of these yet, but the folks in the community did :P

What's new from these updates:

• HD video streaming has been optimized
    • Encryption has been added to the phone.
    • Option to receive calls while Bedside mode is active.
    • Google Calendar has been fixed. 2-way Sync + Multiple Calendar support)
    • The gestures are much more snappier than previously when flowing between pages.
    • Bootup is quicker.
    • Text message app jumps to text messages and not just the HUB
    • Voicemail notification has been fixed.
    • Settings screen is very quick to appear when clicked.
    • Rotation is a lot quicker and screen seems sharper.
    • Editing circle is optimized.
    • Delay after hitting SEND for SMS has been fixed. (Finally! Thank god...I'm a spammer)
    • BBM bubbles are smaller and text is smaller on hub. (?)
    • Camera optimization (?)
    • Screen brighter (?)
    • Keyboard is smoother (?)
    • Word substitution with option to turn on and off works now.

Updated list:

• Battery improvements (?) (I added the question mark because it's still somewhat early to say...)
    • Visual Voicemail available.

Those with the (?) are the ones I am unsure of... as it has only been mentioned once..!

Possible issues with the update:

Losing BBM, or/and Contacts, or/and SMS.
    SD Card no longer detected.
    Missing icons (Contacts)
    Text messages no longer in the HUB

Possible fixes to the issues provided by some:

Text msg no longer in the HUB: Reboot device // 5-Swipe Reboot HUB // Wait.. (?) Lol

Hope this helps... :P
    Thanks for this, I was going to do a separate post on it.

Now that there is an official "Top 5 changes" post, probably more interesting to focus on the points not covered by the official Blackberry post.

Here are some I had noted that I didn't see in your post yet:

• Calendar time-picker crash fix
      link
    • Contact emoticon fix
      link
    • Sent items timestamp bugfix
      link
    • Disable volume buttons when screen is locked
    • Sending BBM/texts faster
    • Additional calendar options, ie birthdays feature
      link
    02-28-13 07:11 PM
    So in case I missed this being posted already, I just downloaded the update from Telus. So far I can't see any major obvious changes tho I've just started to play. Still can't put short cuts to some of your documents like you could on the Os7 devices. It does seem a lot zipper and to the person who posted about the hub twitter thing, that drove me nuts too! So far post update I've been able to delete old twitter notices and thus far they have stayed gone from the hub. Hopefully that will remain the case. The best thing I have discovered so far was that in doing an ota update (and forgetting to do it with my computer and backing up) it did not wipe my device. Contacts calender entries apps all still there! If I see anything else i'll pass it on.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:12 PM
    That is correct!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:13 PM
    Ah my friend, you have posted with both the [url] and the [url] tags wrapped on each.
    Post like this:
    [url]http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/aminrajabi/03025_insomnia_768x1280_zps84e6fc56.jpg[/url]

And you get this:
    http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...ps84e6fc56.jpg

Thanks! Made the edit to my post.
    02-28-13 07:17 PM
    My Contacts app is still not showing, did a full backup and would like to wipe and reinstall the os. How do I do this?
    02-28-13 07:21 PM
    Absolutely love the update. Backing up phone via BB Link now works. Calendar sync with Google works without using any 3rd party apps.
    02-28-13 07:22 PM
    Wow... Now I really felt blessed for having a late launch in my country...
    Hopefully, majority of the later updates includes legacy bbos functions especially before US launch.
    Now, THAT I'm looking for.
    02-28-13 07:22 PM
    I got visual voicemail after the update
    Who is ur cell company?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:25 PM
    [QUOTE=InvalidUser0510;8050415]Stop spreading false info! no, you don't need to have someone text you to get the conversations back.

Ok, I took it out of my last post. Just so you know, I did the update with my brother at the same time today. After the first update, I had my text messages and he did not. We did not even know about the second update. He received a text shortly after and his text history came back. Remember, this was before second update. You can learn how to make an remark without sounding like someone is intentionally trying to spread false information. Just trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres and Enyigma like this.
    02-28-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks Omnitech! I'll update it right away.
    02-28-13 07:27 PM
    Bell come on give us the update please!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:28 PM
758 ... 1617181920 ...