Well, BB10 was coming to the Playbook. Oh, and then it wasn't!

Still most unlikely to be true although down the line, I could see carriers not wanting to invest their resources in testing OS's for BB phones they no longer have much interest in.
    milo53, Rez91 and millerliteboy like this.
    09-24-13 10:24 PM
    I am with Rogers in Ontario. I have a Z10 listed on my account and have not received any email stating anything like this. My fianc is also with Rogers and has a Z10 listed on her account and she has not received an email either.

Take that for what you want.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:28 PM
    I don't know why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that OP is lying.

I don't know if what he is saying is factual or not because OP has yet to provide proof, but why is OP's statement so farfetched? Rogers could be doing away with Blackberry Z10 as an end of life product if it doesn't do well.

If it's anything like OS 6 and OS 7 updates, Rogers might very well stop releasing updates, or at least being slow.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because it's clearly bull****? I'm with Rogers... and why would they not release an update that BlackBerry is planning on releasing? ffs logic is strong on these forums...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:33 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I do not understand why I am getting such hate from such an innocent question. I LOVE BB. I bought shares in the company a long time ago and held the whole time. Crackberry is supposed to address issues, not shoot it down without any proof... I said I would deliver and I did.

Anyways, story is my friend gets the email (pasted below) and sees this claim that Rogers makes. He gets upset that he got screwed and accepts the offer, and trades in for a MotoX.

ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT TRYING TO SCREW ANYONE OR TROLL, I JUST WANT ANSWERS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: [DELETED]
    Sent: Friday, September 19, 2013 13:12:46 PM
    Subject: Blackberry trade up offer

Dear customer ,

At Rogers wireless , we are always committed to bringing you the best devices and the best wireless. Rogers is pleased to exclusively offer all Blackberry Z10 device owners a unique chance to upgrade their current device and receive upto* $250 credit towards the purchase of another device. To find out the eligibility and the value of your Z10 device , please read the instructions included in this email. As you may already know , Blackberry Z10 devices will be no longer receiving any further software upgrades as Blackberry prepares to introduce the new Z30 devices to be launched soon. As always , Rogers wireless will be please to offer the Z30 to our valued customers at launch time.

Regards,

Customer Care
    (Ref: ID2408)
    09-24-13 10:37 PM
    OP should get a ban. BS on this. So your trying to tell me only the Q10 and Z30 get 10.2. Ya ok then..

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    I posted the email
    09-24-13 10:38 PM
    I don't know why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that OP is lying.

I don't know if what he is saying is factual or not because OP has yet to provide proof, but why is OP's statement so farfetched? Rogers could be doing away with Blackberry Z10 as an end of life product if it doesn't do well.

If it's anything like OS 6 and OS 7 updates, Rogers might very well stop releasing updates, or at least being slow.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks so much, I dont know why I got so much hate, I just wanted answers from you guys...
    milo53 likes this.
    09-24-13 10:39 PM
    I am with Rogers in Ontario. I have a Z10 listed on my account and have not received any email stating anything like this. My fianc is also with Rogers and has a Z10 listed on her account and she has not received an email either.

Take that for what you want.

Posted via CB10
    I have the z10 with Rogers too, I didnt get an email. Thats why I was confused. But lo and behold my friend shows me his new phone and this email
    09-24-13 10:42 PM
    I have the z10 with Rogers too, I didnt get an email. Thats why I was confused. But lo and behold my friend shows me his new phone and this email
    Also ... he obviously got this email because he asked a specific question. this wasn't some random email. I'll need to check it out myself.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:45 PM
    You of gotten less hate had you posted the email in the OP...

Posted via CB10
    I had to ask after the comments. I was so shocked I searched the forums nothing came up. So then I posted quick.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:45 PM
    Ask your friend to forward that one.

Posted via CB10
    Posted the email now!
    09-24-13 10:48 PM
    The amount of typos in that email speak for themselves. See: Uninformed customer care rep.
    serbanescu, eldricho and CDM76 like this.
    09-24-13 10:52 PM
    I don't buy it the Z10 has sold well here in Toronto. This makes zero sense as its the exact same OS they need to test for the Z30. Post the actual email and blur your email name.
    09-24-13 10:52 PM
    The amount of typos in that email speak for themselves.
    So you think it's fake? Do you think it might be a way to get people to upgrade earlier?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:53 PM
    I'm with FIDO on my Z10 and I haven't received any type of email.
    09-24-13 10:53 PM
    So you think it's fake? Do you think it might be a way to get people to upgrade earlier?

Posted via CB10
    I never said it was 'fake'... the email is likely very real. The information however, is simply made up to appease the customer who clearly asked about upgrade offers to the Z30 which, btw, Rogers hasn't even stated they would indeed be carrying although, it's pretty much assumed they will be. Nothing more, nothing less.
    09-24-13 10:56 PM
    I never said it was 'fake'... the email is likely very real. The information however, is simply made up to appease the customer who clearly asked about upgrade offers to the Z30 which, btw, Rogers hasn't even stated they would indeed be carrying although, it's pretty much assumed they will be. Nothing more, nothing less.
    So I will be able to get the 10.2 update on Rogers? I've been too scared to try doing it myself and have been waiting for the official release.
    09-24-13 10:58 PM
    Guys, Rogers has a trade up program that they launched in August. I punched in my z10 into their online quote system at rogers.com/tradeupquote and was offered $150 for my phone.
    Didn't get an email though saying the OS isn't being updated and I had to actively pursue to get the quote versus just receiving an email.
    I guess it is food for thought for when the z30 comes out.
    09-24-13 10:59 PM
    So I will be able to get the 10.2 update on Rogers? I've been too scared to try doing it myself and have been waiting for the official release.
    I assure you, you'll get the update on Rogers.
    Rez91 likes this.
    I think you owe tour friend some sort of payback in the practical joke form.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    I assure you, you'll get the update on Rogers.
    Thanks for the reassurance. I'm fairly new here so I was pretty rattled by all the hate I got with my question... didn't realize I was speaking blasphemy when I heard then asked about something I was equally upset about.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:06 PM
    I like cake.
    eldricho likes this.
    09-24-13 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the reassurance. I'm fairly new here so I was pretty rattled by all the hate I got with my question... didn't realize I was speaking blasphemy when I heard then asked about something I was equally upset about.

Posted via CB10
    People are edgy these days. Posts without any facts or proof, always seem to attract negative attention.. people need to chill out but alas it's the internet.. it won't happen. Just ignore the nonsense, filter the info and move on.
    Rez91 likes this.
    09-24-13 11:09 PM
    People are edgy these days. Posts without any facts or proof, always seem to attract negative attention.. people need to chill out but alas it's the internet.. it won't happen. Just ignore the nonsense, filter the info and move on.
    Thanks! I find it funny that people think I would lie about this especially since I have a Z10. In the end, Alls well that ends well.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:15 PM
    I like cake.
    What kind is your favorite? I just LOVE chocolate cake!
    09-24-13 11:15 PM
49 12