I was in a Rogers store yesterday (looking for information on NextBox remote for the Z10). While waiting for the rep, I thought I would look at the "Live" Rogers Z10 (I'm on Bell). When I swiped up, it didn't come to life. I hit the power button; nothing happened. Press and hold button and the reset/power off screen comes up; clearly the phone was "Awake". Tried swiping a couple more times, then reset the phone. After a reboot, it worked fine, but had not been updated...

My thought: There was a security button attached to the top-left portion of the screen (yes, the screen). Could that have caused a "Touch" input that kept the screen from waking up?

Your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:52 AM
    I have personally seen 3/4 z10s on Vancouver craigslist for sale missing the battery door. I don't blame them for the security on the front side

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:23 PM
    Oh, I understand the need for a security device, but bonding it to the touch screen? There must be a better way. If, as I hypothesized, it is interfering with the function of the phone... If you were shopping for a phone and came upon one at the store that appeared crashed, how likely would you be to buy it?

Perhaps the problem would go away with the software update?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:05 PM