I've been on three lists waiting for my Z10 from different stores. I admit these are smaller kiosks because I know the owners quite well, but it's been 4 weeks now and they are still on backorder and I haven't received a call that my phone is in. Telus had a great deal that the phone was $139, with a $95 rebate for trading in my old 9860. Well I believe because I waited for these specific stores to call me instead of going to scarborough town Centre where they try and talk you out if getting a Z10.

Telus offered $70 a month + $30 for 6 gigs of data and $5 voicemail 10

What is the best that I can get with Rogers? The Z10 is now $99 and I'm thinking of switching carriers.

Ps. I have cable and Internet already with rogers so maybe there's an extra savings to bundle?
    03-01-13 08:32 AM
    never commit to a 3 year contract, u get screwed on negotiating a deal with any company.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-01-13 08:34 AM
    I took advantage of the Rogers 6GB Super Plan last summer. For $60 a month plus tax, I get 200 mins anytime, unlimited evening and weekends after 6pm, unlimited text messaging, MY10 nationwide and 6GB of data. Plus for an additional $7 month plus tax I added call display and voicemail. All told, taxes in, my monthly bill is $76 and I never go over on anything. Not sure if they still offer that plan or if they will be offering it again anytime soon. Doesn't hurt to ask.
    03-01-13 08:53 AM
    I took advantage of the Rogers 6GB Super Plan last summer. For $60 a month plus tax, I get 200 mins anytime, unlimited evening and weekends after 6pm, unlimited text messaging, MY10 nationwide and 6GB of data. Plus for an additional $7 month plus tax I added call display and voicemail. All told, taxes in, my monthly bill is $76 and I never go over on anything. Not sure if they still offer that plan or if they will be offering it again anytime soon. Doesn't hurt to ask.
    Smart man I did the same when Telus offered had that promo also. Thankfully that plan was still compatible with my new Z10 =)

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    03-01-13 10:08 AM
    Smart man I did the same when Telus offered had that promo also. Thankfully that plan was still compatible with my new Z10 =)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I got that with Telus also, only for $65 + tax. I think when you consider that sharing your data is free on Telus( i have 3 PlayBooks in my house) it's gotta be the best deal out there from the big carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:27 AM
    Yeah, I got that with Telus also, only for $65 + tax. I think when you consider that sharing your data is free on Telus( i have 3 PlayBooks in my house) it's gotta be the best deal out there from the big carriers.

Posted via CB10
    +100 got 2 PlayBook love that tethering is free heehehehhe
    03-01-13 10:35 AM
    I called Telus when I was about to upgrade and asked them to matcht the Koodo unlimited plan that was selling for 60 per month

Includes Unlimited Canada wide calling, Unlimited Text (incl International), Unlimited Picture Messaging... Voice Mail, Call Display, Call Waiting & Conference Call +1 GB of Data ($5 for every additional 500mb after that)

They would not match the price exactly but gave it to me for $65 per month

There are no system access fees, 911 fee, etc

I signed a 3 year plan to get it (which I dont mind doing anyways)
    03-01-13 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I made sure to ask when I switched that it would be compatible with the Z10 lol

No tethering fees/restrictions on Rogers either so I can share the data with my PlayBook and can enable the WiFi hot spot for my gf's iPad

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 03:52 PM
    I should mention that before the 6GB Super Plan I had a previous 6GB data plan for $30 that I'd been holding onto since 2009 lol if they wouldn't offer me the Super Plan I wasn't going to switch

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:02 PM
    With Rogers I pay $52 + taxes for:
    -6GB data
    -350 daytime minutes
    -My 10
    -Unlimited text/MMS/Visual Voicemail (even though Rogers doesn't have this for BB10!)

This is the same plan I had on my iPhone 4 before I switched over. Make sure you take advantage of any 6GB promo, and keep calling back and chip away until you get a plan you like. New signups can even get good deals.
    03-01-13 04:07 PM
    I called Telus when I was about to upgrade and asked them to matcht the Koodo unlimited plan that was selling for 60 per month

Includes Unlimited Canada wide calling, Unlimited Text (incl International), Unlimited Picture Messaging... Voice Mail, Call Display, Call Waiting & Conference Call +1 GB of Data ($5 for every additional 500mb after that)

How is 1 GB data on the BlackBerry Z10? Just curious...

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-01-13 05:05 PM
    I recently put into place on a new z10 with Telus:

$95 credit for bold 9700 trade in
    Waived the $50 device balance for early termination of the previous 3yr contract

I signed a new 3yr contract, $65 per month + HST (no other fees of any kind) for:

1000 daytime minutes
    Unlimited incoming calls
    Unlimited messaging
    Ulimited evenings and weekends
    3 gigs data
    VM 10, Caller ID, Call waiting etc.

I feel that it is a fair deal, had no problem signing up for a new 3 year on those terms.

BUT the Z10 was a FINAL sale from a retailer.. no exchanges or returns (warranty coverage still applies for defects obviously).
    Last edited by Highbeta; 03-01-13 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added feature
    03-01-13 05:15 PM

Another thing to note with Koodo is no contracts and you can cancel your account at any time.
    I got the Koodo plan you listed above but got 2 gig data with it, they quite often have promos on and you can just switch your plan online when you see one.

Posted from my Z10.
    03-01-13 05:23 PM
    Rogers retention offered my wife their unpublished $35 everything plan. In Toronto the calling area is huge so it's quite handy.

This plan includes unlimited calls and text anytime no limits.

We were offered caller ID for free or $10 for their complete phone option package (Cid, waiting,vm etc...)

6gb plan for $30 and 200 Canada long distance...

Total is $75 per month.

They also gave us a $35 hardware upgrade charge back as a on time credit.

They denied the existence of their $35 plan and first told me it was for employees only. They wanted to push their "Call anyone on Rogers for free Plan" but their $35 all inclusive is a better fit for us. They also have some call any five Canadian numbers option.

I found out about the $35 plan on forums like these.

We're happy with what we got.

Via my Z10
    03-01-13 07:01 PM
    Got the same plan minus the caller I'd lol don't I'm at $60 +tax...now just to get rogers to add that for me for free
    03-01-13 07:32 PM
    I have the Telus $65 equivalent of that plan that I got last summer. Holding on to that one for dear life. Combined with the 6pm clock, if you use the My 10 numbers properly, you'll likely never go over your minutes. Data wise, 6gb is probably more than enough for most people.
    meganVee likes this.
    03-01-13 07:39 PM
    Where are you people seeing these 6GB plans these days, everyone I talk to at Rogers or Telus just offers 1GB for 60 and 3GB for 80GB. I cant find anything for a reasonable price with a decent amount of data and some nation wide calling.
    03-01-13 07:44 PM
    Where are you people seeing these 6GB plans these days, everyone I talk to at Rogers or Telus just offers 1GB for 60 and 3GB for 80GB. I cant find anything for a reasonable price with a decent amount of data and some nation wide calling.
    They only come up from time to time. I've noticed typically around the time of an iPhone launch, and at some other random points in the year. When one carrier does it, the rest follow. Just gotta jump on it when you see it.
    03-01-13 07:52 PM
    If you've been with your carrier long enough, you might be able to snag a 6GB plan simply by calling in and asking if they can get you a plan with more data. I did that when I was activating my Z10, and now I pay $60 for 6GB, unlimited SMS/MMS, 200 minutes, Caller ID, and voice mail on Telus.
    meganVee likes this.
    03-01-13 07:56 PM
    never commit to a 3 year contract, u get screwed on negotiating a deal with any company.
    whats wrong with being on 3 year contracts? you get many benefits of being a long term committed customer such as the example below

mine is the same plan as yours but for $24 cheaper, I get 5pm instead and 100 min LD. also I got $200 off my hardware early upgrade fee just for being a 3+ year customer with a data plan
    03-01-13 09:23 PM
    whats wrong with being on 3 year contracts? you get many benefits of being a long term committed customer such as the example below
    For most people it's the fact that they're going to be using the same device for 3 years unless they want to buy a new device at full pop before the term is up.

I don't mind signing a 3 year to lock in a good plan. I usually get a new device every 1.5 to 2 years, selling the old one to put towards the new one

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:56 PM

mine is the same plan as yours but for $24 cheaper, I get 5pm instead and 100 min LD. also I got $200 off my hardware early upgrade fee just for being a 3+ year customer with a data plan
    I'd love to switch from bell simply because they are behind the 8 ball with OTA updates. But I'm similar to the sweetest deals people posted here with 6gb, voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, Forwarding, 250 anytime minutes, unlimited text/mms all for $52. The catch is that those other deals charge around 40 cents/min for long distance and offer you a my 10 plan. My long distance is random so I have no favorite frequently called people, but I only pay 10 cents/min. This is a special rate I get from my work on my personal phone. Rogers hasn't been willing to even try matching me so far
    03-01-13 10:13 PM
    I'm on Rogers. I pay 60$ a month unlimited talk and txt and all the options plus 3 gb of data lol
    03-01-13 10:24 PM
    Shoot me a message, I can see what we can offer you if you switch over to Rogers.

You will also get a bundle savings with your Cable and Internet when you add the Cell as well.
    03-01-13 10:36 PM
    I can't really speak to my plan, I'm with Bell and work writes it off so it's free everything all the time for me. However my wife's plan is pretty decent, 250 daytime ULT nights and weekends starting at 5, bell to bell, CD, VM, CW, ULT text, BBM and picture video messaging. 1 GB data, and ULT nationwide calling to 10 numbers, all for $54 per month. Then I have that, bundle with my Bell TV and Internet so I get an additional $4 off each service. I'm pretty happy because I keep working fantastic deals into my other services along with my wifes mobility plan.
    03-01-13 11:09 PM
53 123