And they wonder why BlackBerry is in the state it's in. Go figure.

Posted CB 10
    And they wonder why the "Big Three" in Canada are held in disrepute second only to politicians. I've been a client of Rogers Wireless since 2001 and subscribe to enough of their mobile communications services to average CAD250.00 each month. Yet their collections department harasses me the moment the clock ticks one minute past the due date. I wish T-Mobile would come to Canada and offer unlimited data so that the Canadian Wireless Mafia would be put on notice. The only redeeming benefit of Rogers Wireless for me is my capped data plan is being treated as unlimited; no I'm not going to ask those monopolists about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:02 AM
    Yep, marketing sucks in Canada!!!! It's strictly about the "cool" factor!!! Like Tim hortons coffee, not the best just in your face

Posted via CB10
    Tim Horton's coffee and hot chocolate are served so hot you cannot safely consume either product for almost half an hour in my experience. Turn down the damn water boiler because I don't want blisters on my tongue and lips.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:06 AM
    And they wonder why the "Big Three" in Canada are held in disrepute second only to politicians. I've been a client of Rogers Wireless since 2001 and subscribe to enough of their mobile communications services to average CAD250.00 each month. Yet their collections department harasses me the moment the clock ticks one minute past the due date. I wish T-Mobile would come to Canada and offer unlimited data so that the Canadian Wireless Mafia would be put on notice. The only redeeming benefit of Rogers Wireless for me is my capped data plan is being treated as unlimited; no I'm not going to ask those monopolists about it.

Posted via CB10
    There are other options as we speak... Fido (ultimatly Rogers), Koodoo (Telus) and Virgin (Bell) or there is Wind Mobile which is ultimately Egyptian thru holding companies.
    If you honestly think it's much better thru any American carrier, take a look at the threads by our American bretheren who are still waiting for the release of 10.2. They are allllllllll the same.

You want change? Then start writing to the CRTC who is supposed to be looking out for the best interest of the Canadian consumer for anything related to communcations. Only problem is that they are also lobbied by the very companies your complaining about.
    Canadians are far too complacent and the vast majority do nothing but bend over and take it instead of taking a stand. Thats why taxes are so high, borders are wide open, food and clothing is over priced. Ontario is probably home to the dumbest population in the country, quite evident by re-electing the same provincial government 3 times that continually lies, cheats and steals from the electorate. The incumbent government stole $1.3 billion in the gas plant scandle but everyone is focused on Rob Ford smoking crack. Who has he affected aside from his own image? Nobody. Yet the Wynne government wants to add a 10cent tax to gas to pay for the billions they waste in corruption. Canadians and in particular Ontarians are dumb and do nothing but condone the very things they complain about.

You want change, write your local MP or the CRTC. Whining on Crackberry aint gonna do jack for ya...

Posted via CB10 for BB10. There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Last edited by d3r3k79; 12-14-13 at 05:05 AM.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-14-13 04:43 AM
    Great solution...you work for Rogers?

Posted CB 10
    Once upon a time in a different life I worked in one of the video stores. Even sold a few cell phones in my day.

I've also been a loyal customer for 35 years.

Not sure what that has to do with anything though. They are a service. If you don't like the manner in which the service is being provided then get a new provider.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:23 AM
    There are other options as we speak... Fido (ultimatly Rogers), Koodoo (Telus) and Virgin (Bell) or there is Wind Mobile which is ultimately Egyptian thru holding companies.
    If you honestly think it's much better thru any American carrier, take a look at the threads by our American bretheren who are still waiting for the release of 10.2. They are allllllllll the same.

You want change? Then start writing to the CRTC who is supposed to be looking out for the best interest of the Canadian consumer for anything related to communcations. Only problem is that they are also lobbied by the very companies your complaining about.
    Canadians are far too complacent and the vast majority do nothing but bend over and take it instead of taking a stand. Thats why taxes are so high, borders are wide open, food and clothing is over priced. Ontario is probably home to the dumbest population in the country, quite evident by re-electing the same provincial government 3 times that continually lies, cheats and steals from the electorate. The incumbent government stole $1.3 billion in the gas plant scandle but everyone is focused on Rob Ford smoking crack. Who has he affected aside from his own image? Nobody. Yet the Wynne government wants to add a 10cent tax to gas to pay for the billions they waste in corruption. Canadians and in particular Ontarians are dumb and do nothing but condone the very things they complain about.

You want change, write your local MP or the CRTC. Whining on Crackberry aint gonna do jack for ya...

Posted via CB10 for BB10. There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    But wait, tell us how you _really_ feel.. ;P
    No more than about 25 - 30 minutes on the phone to retention once a year and you can easily knock $100/mnth off your bill

And for qwerty, how often are you late that collections is harassing you? I've missed entire months before and not gotten so much as a reminder text..

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:32 AM
    And there are those people who whine all over the place and write tons of gibberish, as in the above posts....

Posted CB 10
    12-14-13 08:26 AM
    And there are those people who whine all over the place and write tons of gibberish, as in the above posts....

Posted CB 10
    I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, your OP wasn't that bad.. your were clearly a little frustrated. You'll get 'em next time.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you and I've been with Rogers longer than you - since 1996 - that's right, 17 years. I don't get any special treatment.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:30 PM
    I agree with you and I've been with Rogers longer than you - since 1996 - that's right, 17 years. I don't get any special treatment.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever asked for any? Every time I call them I rework something. Last time I called in to change my TV package I doubled my channels, split our cells from family plan to individual and got call display and call answer back on both lines and they offered to rework our home phone plan to still drop our monthly bill by about $15/mnth.

Seek and ye shall receive...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:04 PM
    Loyalty and retentions is your best friend people.

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-14-13 09:29 PM
35 12