Was into my local Rogers outlet today, on one of those strip malls, and walked in to buy my dad a BlackBerry premium car charger. Well, I was quite surprised to see no Q5 accessories at all, not to mention when I asked about the Z30, he never had one on display for the public.

I can't figure out for the life of me how thousands of people recently requested that Rogers carry the Z30 once and for all, but are in fact not displaying or carrying at least one? HELLO???

Everywhere you go around here in Ontario, they haven't one working model....nor even a dummy phone!!!

The salesman said "I actually don't recommend a BlackBerry because they are very inconsistent"....whatever that meant.

Extremely sad and contradictory that Rogers said they'd carry the Z30 after all, but do not have any in their stores.

Way to go Rogers! Duh....

Posted CB 10
    12-13-13 07:14 PM
    The Z30 is only available online for purchase and a lot of the retail outlets don't offer much for accessories for devices other than the iPhone and Samsung. If you read a previous news thread it states that rogers will only offer the Z30 online so before blaming the retail associates do the research.

Customer service people are just the average Joe with very little training.

For help and advice @brandonlegere06
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-13-13 07:21 PM
    Did I say I was blaming an individual in specific? Read your sentence structure correctly. It IS Rogers Fault, and Rogers fault for NOT training their staff to push their own freaking Canadian products. Where in the world do you come from USA? Do you not understand they should be putting BlackBerry at the front of everything, more specifically, their counters? HELLO??? That's what I thought....

Posted CB 10
    12-13-13 07:26 PM
    Woah ... calm down. He is right in that it was announced that they would not be selling them in their retail store and they can only be purchased online. At least, that is what I remembered as well.

The training at Rogers is a separate issue. And I think the attitude of the salespeople is another contributing factor. Most of these salespeople that I see are very young and there is a high likelihood that they will promote the phone that they use themselves. Sadly, it is likely Samsung or Apple. They are attached to their brand and unfortunately, it is not Blackberry. The young folks don't care about whether it is a Canadian company or not. They just care about what is cool or hip and probably lean to the device they know the most ... which is the one they use.

And as a company, Rogers likely doesn't care either. They just want to sell phones. It doesn't matter where it comes from. They are in business to make money (so they can buy the Canadian NHL rights).
    12-13-13 07:37 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-z...-online-rogers and if the second person confirming isn't enough regarding the z30 please read the post from this site in the link above.

12-13-13 07:46 PM
    And they wonder why BlackBerry is in the state it's in. Go figure.

Posted CB 10
    12-13-13 07:53 PM
    i ordered a z30 last night from rogers (over the phone)

interesting story: when i said (and i was very clear) "I want to buy a Blackberry Z30" the rogers rep asked " what about an iphone?"

absolutely bugs the crap outa me. i didnt say im not sure what i want, what would you recomend, i directly said i want a Blackberry Z30.

lots of you will not like me saying this but i am very certain apple throws huge incentives towards the phone companies to push their product instead of other brands.

I should be receiving a fancy Z30 in the next few days, an xmas gift none the less.

on a side note the first rep i spoke to said i could just go to the local rogers store to grab one, my understanding was they are only available online from rogers which i quickly mentioned to the rep, and she followed up with a loosey goosey answer of "well they are suppose to have them. i said great, why dont you call the rogers store near me to find out if they have availability, she put me on hold, came back and said they have them in stock, i then asked to confirm that she spoke with someone there, she said no, then i asked agian for her to call the dealer near me, she put me on hold, then couple minutes later the call was transferred to another rep.

in the end they are sending me the Z30, which my girlfriend will love when she opens her xmas gift.
    12-13-13 07:55 PM
    BlackBerry In-vehicle Charger - ShopBlackBerry.com
    Rogers has a few but their non oem and blackberry has them for less.
    12-13-13 08:11 PM
    As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't put the entire blame on Rogers. The demand for iPhone or Android is just much greater than the demand for Blackberry. And Rogers only cares about one thing. Money.

You also have to remember, Sales rep generally work on commission and are evaluated based on their performance. The more phones they sell the more money they make and less chance they get fired. They will push whats easier to sell. Considering Apple and Samsung spend billions of dollars on marketing, it makes pushing those products easier for them. Also, working demo units you see in store are provided by the phone manufacture.

And you've only gone to Rogers stores. How do you know sales rep from say Bell or Telus wouldn't do the same thing.
    12-13-13 08:47 PM
    Did I say I was blaming an individual in specific? Read your sentence structure correctly. It IS Rogers Fault, and Rogers fault for NOT training their staff to push their own freaking Canadian products. Where in the world do you come from USA? Do you not understand they should be putting BlackBerry at the front of everything, more specifically, their counters? HELLO??? That's what I thought....

Posted CB 10
    Why should the store staff push something that is only available online or over the phone? How does it make good business sense for Rogers to push devices that people don't want? If you went in, asked for a blackberry and they aggressively pushed you towards a different phone that's a horse of another colour.. if you aren't happy about it then pay your cancellation fees and go with Bell or Telus.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    12-13-13 08:57 PM
    And they wonder why BlackBerry is in the state it's in. Go figure.

Posted CB 10
    They are in the state they are because they sat back and watched as Apple came in and revolutionised the market that they created and then waited a little longer for Android to gain some more traction, then they stuffed up the release of BB10 and cross platform BBM so remind me again how one Canadian telco (who has supported BlackBerry for years I might add) making a business decision based on the horrible sales of the other BB10 devices has anything at all to do with the state of bbry.

They made their bed and they have to lay in it until they manage to pull up their socks and figure out how to get back in the game.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and Just TM like this.
    12-13-13 09:02 PM
    i ordered a z30 last night from rogers (over the phone)

interesting story: when i said (and i was very clear) "I want to buy a Blackberry Z30" the rogers rep asked " what about an iphone?"

absolutely bugs the crap outa me. i didnt say im not sure what i want, what would you recomend, i directly said i want a Blackberry Z30.

lots of you will not like me saying this but i am very certain apple throws huge incentives towards the phone companies to push their product instead of other brands.

I should be receiving a fancy Z30 in the next few days, an xmas gift none the less.

on a side note the first rep i spoke to said i could just go to the local rogers store to grab one, my understanding was they are only available online from rogers which i quickly mentioned to the rep, and she followed up with a loosey goosey answer of "well they are suppose to have them. i said great, why dont you call the rogers store near me to find out if they have availability, she put me on hold, came back and said they have them in stock, i then asked to confirm that she spoke with someone there, she said no, then i asked agian for her to call the dealer near me, she put me on hold, then couple minutes later the call was transferred to another rep.

in the end they are sending me the Z30, which my girlfriend will love when she opens her xmas gift.
    When I called and ordered mine (it was a similar yet more drawn out saga) I got a range of responses. The one I liked the most was the last retention rep who fixed all the past issues (I hope you got them to price match Bell) and said it was a bold choice and she wished she had held off a little longer on her Android phone and got a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    ridemaster likes this.
    12-13-13 09:06 PM
    They are in the state they are because they sat back and watched as Apple came in and revolutionised the market that they created and then waited a little longer for Android to gain some more traction, then they stuffed up the release of BB10 and cross platform BBM so remind me again how one Canadian telco (who has supported BlackBerry for years I might add) making a business decision based on the horrible sales of the other BB10 devices has anything at all to do with the state of bbry.

They made their bed and they have to lay in it until they manage to pull up their socks and figure out how to get back in the game.

Posted via CB10
    In a Nutshell.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-13-13 09:34 PM
    Why do you think it's Rogers responsibility to promote and market for BlackBerry??
    Each company (and person for that matter) is responsible for themselves. Plain and simple. You want something, work for it. You want to be complacent and hope everyone does your work for you... then follow BlackBerry's lead.
    Rogers does whats in their best interest. BlackBerry should have done what was in their best interest.

Seek not to find the answer... just understand the question.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-13-13 09:43 PM
    And to the OP...
    With a user ID of 'BlackBerry Canada' it implies that you are potentially directly affiliated with BlackBerry.

If so, you may want to reconsider saying things like 'way to go Rogers, duh' as it sounds very immature and unprofessional. And your wondering why Rogers isn't promoting BlackBerry products?

Give your head a shake.

Seek not to find the answer... just understand the question.
    Last edited by d3r3k79; 12-13-13 at 11:03 PM.
    12-13-13 10:33 PM
    The Z30 is only available online for purchase and a lot of the retail outlets don't offer much for accessories for devices other than the iPhone and Samsung. If you read a previous news thread it states that rogers will only offer the Z30 online so before blaming the retail associates do the research.

Customer service people are just the average Joe with very little training.

I disagree. Training at Rogers is very extensive.
    12-13-13 10:44 PM
    Of course it's not in stores! It's online only.

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    12-13-13 10:47 PM

Posted CB 10
    What's wrong with you? Calm down.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:28 PM
    Why should the store staff push something that is only available online or over the phone? How does it make good business sense for Rogers to push devices that people don't want? If you went in, asked for a blackberry and they aggressively pushed you towards a different phone that's a horse of another colour.. if you aren't happy about it then pay your cancellation fees and go with Bell or Telus.

Posted via CB10
    Great solution...you work for Rogers?

Posted CB 10
    Last edited by BlackberryCanada; 12-14-13 at 12:21 AM.
    12-13-13 11:33 PM
    Good luck Rogers. You'll need it.
    Last edited by BlackberryCanada; 12-14-13 at 12:20 AM.
    12-13-13 11:36 PM
    Yep, marketing sucks in Canada!!!! It's strictly about the "cool" factor!!! Like Tim hortons coffee, not the best just in your face

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:58 AM
    "Good luck Rogers?"
    Why? Did they just hire all the BlackBerry execs to make their business decisions?
    Seems to me that it's BlackBerry that requires the luck since they aren't operating on much common sense.

Posted via CB10 for BB10. There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-14-13 12:59 AM
    Woah ... calm down. He is right in that it was announced that they would not be selling them in their retail store and they can only be purchased online. At least, that is what I remembered as well.

The training at Rogers is a separate issue. And I think the attitude of the salespeople is another contributing factor. Most of these salespeople that I see are very young and there is a high likelihood that they will promote the phone that they use themselves. Sadly, it is likely Samsung or Apple. They are attached to their brand and unfortunately, it is not Blackberry. The young folks don't care about whether it is a Canadian company or not. They just care about what is cool or hip and probably lean to the device they know the most ... which is the one they use.

And as a company, Rogers likely doesn't care either. They just want to sell phones. It doesn't matter where it comes from. They are in business to make money (so they can buy the Canadian NHL rights).
    100% agree!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:59 AM
    I disagree. Training at Rogers is very extensive.
    Yeah, here's an IPhone, sell it...

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    12-14-13 01:04 AM
    Yeah, here's an IPhone, sell it...

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Do any of you honestly think Rogers or Bell or Telus give a rip about what friggin phone their reps sell? No. They dont. As long as the user has a voice and data plan, they could care less what device runs on their network.

Carriers don't make their money on the hardware, they make upwards of 89% margin on the montly plan that they sell you month after month. They don't care one bit about a friggin phone that they make 15-20% margin on ONE TIME. Take a look at the prices these providers are selling the hardware for online and compare it with the OEM website price. Sometimes the carrier makes ZERO profit from the sale of the device. They just want you to sign a juicy multi year contract that they can bill you for every month.

Rogers is a NETWORK PROVIDER who happens to be a reseller of other OEM devices such as apple, BlackBerry, LG etc. They make their money selling their NETWORK!!

No, i don't work for Rogers. I happen to work as a network engineer for Bell, so I'm very well educated in the technology as well as the core lines of business these companies make their profits from so i know very well what drives and dictates their behavior.

Like someone mentioned previously, the sales rep will try to sell you what he or she happens to be more familiar with so that they know what they are talking about when a potential customer asks questions. The numbers are painfully obvious that there are more iOS and Android devices in the market. Ergo more sales reps with a potential of owning an iOS or Android device.

Give up the Rogers 'conspiracy theory' and start looking at your beloved BlackBerry. If BlackBerry wants to sell more friggin BB10 devices, they should start with some sort of marketing platform which has been practically non existent since the launch of BB10!!! Stop whining because BlackBerry doesn't have their sht together and wants to rely on their resellers to market their products for them.

Posted via CB10 for BB10. There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Last edited by d3r3k79; 12-14-13 at 01:53 AM.
    12-14-13 01:16 AM
35 12