Its a store to store basis, Not Canada wide
    There's no way 3,200 people reserved from my store before me... The location I'm going to isn't even busy!
    01-29-13 10:21 AM
    Its a store to store basis, Not Canada wide
    No, it is Canada wide.... You can't tell me that a store has over 3000 phones coming in??? It's Canada wide...
    01-29-13 10:22 AM
    No but GTA then; likewise you cannot tell me that only 3000 people in Canada are pre-ordering the BB10. Even per carrier that sucks.

Per Carrier & Per Region might be better.
    01-29-13 10:56 AM
    No but GTA then; likewise you cannot tell me that only 3000 people in Canada are pre-ordering the BB10. Even per carrier that sucks.

Most people want to see what it's all about first and will get the phone after. Not that many people care about being "on the list" and "getting it first". I would say that over 3000 Rogers users registering saying they are willing to shell out the $$ on the Z10 prior to really seeing it is pretty good. Most people I talk to at work (we are a Blackberry user company) had no clue you could reserve and some that do know about it are waiting for the keyboard version.
    01-29-13 11:13 AM
    so weird i was #281 now #251 getting closer!!!
    01-29-13 11:52 AM
    Other than the fact that some people may just change their minds and cancel. I would think that having seen the white version people may not want the black Z10 anymore.
    01-29-13 11:59 AM
    I know it's bad to think but from an electronics point of view the masses of people that lined up for the ip****4 was crazy. I'm just thinking in terms of numbers and instant ROI from RIM's point of view. Is 3000 in Canada really alot based on 30M people? I definatly think it has to be by region-- the number doesn't make sense to me. But I understand where you guys are coming from for sure.

I am #20 (Fido-Canada)
    01-29-13 12:11 PM
    I remember when I reserved my iphone4s I was in the thousands as well. It wasn't like a 20,000 queue or anything like that.
    01-29-13 12:57 PM
    I remember when I reserved my iphone4s I was in the thousands as well. It wasn't like a 20,000 queue or anything like that.
    Right, right... Not trolling or anything just getting some opinions. I dont post much I mostly observe -- but the number just hit me as low. So I will be the 20th person in Canada (on Fido) to hold a BB10?

I work that day -- any advice from your iphone4s experience that you want to share? Might be a similiar launch execution. I'm really thinking tomorrow is the day they will sell. Then again that could be Rogers and not Fido; but you know incase
    01-29-13 01:22 PM
    so weird i was #281 now #251 getting closer!!!
    How do you check your number on the list?? It told me when I pre-ordered, but now I cant find out how to view the pre-order page...I am with Rogers
    01-29-13 01:25 PM
    How do you check your number on the list?? It told me when I pre-ordered, but now I cant find out how to view the pre-order page...I am with Rogers
    01-29-13 01:30 PM
    As a business customer I still can't reserve one... sigh. Thanks Rogers, you're super awesome.
    01-29-13 01:32 PM
    I have gone in there, just not sure where you go when in there? Unless I am missing it right under my nose
    01-29-13 01:32 PM
    Found it...2359 on the list...I am going to Rogers the second RIM is done their event and demanding the phone because I know they will have it in the store! lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-29-13 01:38 PM
    Yes you can there was a trick to not making it greyed out see previous pages in post.
    Last edited by Damatrix02; 01-29-13 at 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
    01-29-13 01:50 PM
    As a business customer I still can't reserve one... sigh. Thanks Rogers, you're super awesome.
    Yes you can see previous pages, there was a trick to getting it not greyed out
    kartguy likes this.
    01-29-13 01:51 PM

You are wrong in every way possible. First of all, the Rogers Reservation system is build for AROUND Canada. This means the number you are, is in Canada, NOT city or store. I should know this as i am the one who controlled the iPhone 5 Reservation thread on the Rogers Community forums & currently controlling the Blackberry 10 reservation thread on the Rogers community forums. So please do NOT give false info.

So the number you are is Canada WIDE.
    01-29-13 09:34 PM
    ^^^^ you did the reservation thread for iPhone 5...what were the numbers like for the iPhone 5?
    01-29-13 09:36 PM
    Yes i did. I was the one controlling & answering around 8,000 questions from Sept 14th till now. I was #8 on the reservation for the iPhone 5. I waited outside the store & got it. The same day in the afternoon the store called me saying they had my phone.

The ones with higher end numbers like # 200+ got their phones a few days later. Remember Rogers uses UPS. UPS does NOT work during the weekends. So if UPS picks up the phone, it will most likely go to the store Monday or Tuesday unless Rogers pays UPS to do Saturday delivery.

The numbers were around the range of 5,000+ within the first week. After that the numbers started getting lower as you were able to get them at the stores.
    Last edited by Dimitri.69; 01-29-13 at 10:04 PM.
    01-29-13 09:39 PM
    Question to anyone who works at Rogers or knows Rogers policy...If I have a credit on my Rogers Account...can I use that credit towards a new phone instead of my monthly bill? I recently overpaid on my last bill and have a nice credit sitting there...I would love to just purchase the Z10 using that!
    01-29-13 11:08 PM
    Question to anyone who works at Rogers or knows Rogers policy...If I have a credit on my Rogers Account...can I use that credit towards a new phone instead of my monthly bill? I recently overpaid on my last bill and have a nice credit sitting there...I would love to just purchase the Z10 using that!
    I am not a Rogers employee but know the policy very well. The credit will go to the final price of the bill when it gets printed out. So whatever the final price will be, take away the credit you have. That is how it will work. Rogers will not add that credit towards the monthly plan / phone price or upgrade fee. That credit will go to whatever the final price on the invoice will be.
    01-29-13 11:10 PM
    I am not a Rogers employee but know the policy very well. The credit will go to the final price of the bill when it gets printed out. So whatever the final price will be, take away the credit you have. That is how it will work. Rogers will not add that credit towards the monthly plan / phone price or upgrade fee. That credit will go to whatever the final price on the invoice will be.
    Okay thats what I was wondering, so lets just say the Z10 is out tomorrow for $149.99 on a 3 year term, and lets say my account credit is for $150. Then the $149.99 would be basically written off on the spot?
    01-29-13 11:17 PM
    Okay thats what I was wondering, so lets just say the Z10 is out tomorrow for $149.99 on a 3 year term, and lets say my account credit is for $150. Then the $149.99 would be basically written off on the spot?
    That is correct. The bill will show the phone being charged BUT in the end of the invoice, you will see a credit of $150. So whatever you pay, is just the plan it self.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    01-29-13 11:19 PM
    You are wrong in every way possible. First of all, the Rogers Reservation system is build for AROUND Canada. This means the number you are, is in Canada, NOT city or store. I should know this as i am the one who controlled the iPhone 5 Reservation thread on the Rogers Community forums & currently controlling the Blackberry 10 reservation thread on the Rogers community forums. So please do NOT give false info.

So the number you are is Canada WIDE.
    Chill dude, In my original post I said I think. It's good to know the numbers thanks for giving us the info. So what you are saying is the numbers for all carriers are the same? You still haven't answered this.

Also if you know the policy so well I thought I would ask, if I am buying a phone outright is there a HUP fee?
    01-30-13 07:26 AM
    Chill dude, In my original post I said I think. It's good to know the numbers thanks for giving us the info. So what you are saying is the numbers for all carriers are the same? You still haven't answered this.

Also if you know the policy so well I thought I would ask, if I am buying a phone outright is there a HUP fee?
    The Rogers reservation numbers is just for Rogers. Every carrier has their own numbers & such. Also its the same way. Each carrier that does pre orders - reservations the numbers will be Canada wide if that is what you are asking.

Also no. If you are buying the phone outright, you are ONLY paying the outright price + taxes.
    01-30-13 08:07 AM
280 ... 7891011 ...