Number 2142 on Rogers - 1/9/2013 at 11pm PST
    01-10-13 01:07 AM
    Dear Rogers,
    I am hoping this wall post will create a dialogue and not simply fall upon deaf ears. I need to know something - rather I need you to explain something. Why is it that Corporate and Business customers cannot reserve a BlackBerry 10 device? People can now pre-order at retailers across the country. I've heard people can pre-order at your competition. People can pre-order online. Am I not a person? Why is it the one place I cannot pre-order or even reserve a BlackBery 10 device is with my business carrier? Why is it that you prevent me from doing so? Am I being punished because I have a Business/Corporate account? Have I done something to hurt your feelings? Is there bad blood between us? For a company as large as yours to ignore business customers when it comes to an arguably business-focused device is ludicrous.

The day you announced your pre-orders I called. The first time I reached a rep your system was not running yet. A technical delay - that's something I can handle. Later that day I called again, this time I was connected and managed to make a pre-order. Oh glorious happy day! I was on the list! I was going to get my phone! In fact, I was proudly #4 in all of Canada! But that elation was short-lived. You see, the very next afternoon I got an email from you, and it wasn't a warm and fuzzy email. You weren't writing to see how I was or if I wanted to go for supper. No, what you had to say was mean, in fact awful. You sent me a terse little note saying my order was cancelled because I am a business customer. Nonsense! Balderdash! That cannot be true. So I called, and yes, yes it was true. Why would you do that?

So twice a week I call. All I want is to be on the list - to know that a phone has my name on it. It's gone beyond desire now, I know that I'll get a device but I call you based on principle. I should be treated like all you other non-business customers because after all, each day at 5 pm, when I take off the tie and hang up the suit I go from being a business person like you, to just another consumer. I honestly feel like we're destined to hate each other. I don't don't want to be treated special, I simply want to be treated the same.

I need you to know one thing Rogers. I feel like I'm meant to go and find someone who likes me. Someone who likes my business. This isn't a threat. I'm not going anywhere right this moment. But, I do feel like I deserve an explanation.

I have said enough Rogers, it's your turn to talk now.
    Sincerely,
    An Unhappy Business Customer
    01-11-13 06:44 PM
    Dear Rogers,
    I am hoping this wall post will create a dialogue and not simply fall upon deaf ears. I need to know something - rather I need you to explain something. Why is it that Corporate and Business customers cannot reserve a BlackBerry 10 device? People can now pre-order at retailers across the country. I've heard people can pre-order at your competition. People can pre-order online. Am I not a person? Why is it the one place I cannot pre-order or even reserve a BlackBery 10 device is with my business carrier? Why is it that you prevent me from doing so? Am I being punished because I have a Business/Corporate account? Have I done something to hurt your feelings? Is there bad blood between us? For a company as large as yours to ignore business customers when it comes to an arguably business-focused device is ludicrous.

The day you announced your pre-orders I called. The first time I reached a rep your system was not running yet. A technical delay - that's something I can handle. Later that day I called again, this time I was connected and managed to make a pre-order. Oh glorious happy day! I was on the list! I was going to get my phone! In fact, I was proudly #4 in all of Canada! But that elation was short-lived. You see, the very next afternoon I got an email from you, and it wasn't a warm and fuzzy email. You weren't writing to see how I was or if I wanted to go for supper. No, what you had to say was mean, in fact awful. You sent me a terse little note saying my order was cancelled because I am a business customer. Nonsense! Balderdash! That cannot be true. So I called, and yes, yes it was true. Why would you do that?

So twice a week I call. All I want is to be on the list - to know that a phone has my name on it. It's gone beyond desire now, I know that I'll get a device but I call you based on principle. I should be treated like all you other non-business customers because after all, each day at 5 pm, when I take off the tie and hang up the suit I go from being a business person like you, to just another consumer. I honestly feel like we're destined to hate each other. I don't don't want to be treated special, I simply want to be treated the same.

I need you to know one thing Rogers. I feel like I'm meant to go and find someone who likes me. Someone who likes my business. This isn't a threat. I'm not going anywhere right this moment. But, I do feel like I deserve an explanation.

I have said enough Rogers, it's your turn to talk now.
    Sincerely,
    An Unhappy Business Customer
    I had the same conversation with my IT guy today. I asked him to reserve me one on the business account where my plan lives. He called me later and said he couldn't! I was blown away....here is the most business oriented device and you can't reserve one! He went on to say that our current BES server cannot support it and they have not released the BES version that can support 10....so even if I were to have one on Feb 1 it is possible that you couldn't be in a position to have a new BES server up to run it. Something is a bit out of whack!
    01-11-13 07:11 PM
    I had the same conversation with my IT guy today. I asked him to reserve me one on the business account where my plan lives. He called me later and said he couldn't! I was blown away....here is the most business oriented device and you can't reserve one! He went on to say that our current BES server cannot support it and they have not released the BES version that can support 10....so even if I were to have one on Feb 1 it is possible that you couldn't be in a position to have a new BES server up to run it. Something is a bit out of whack!
    I think the pre-order is more of a pre-interest. Which is perhaps the reason why you can't preorder as a business. There are no proper product/SKU records set up in their system for them to charge a business.

As the IT guy mentioned, unless your company upgrades their BES servers, they won't be able to handle the new BB10 phones anyways.
    01-11-13 08:40 PM
    Reservation complete! Number 2250.
    schmeat likes this.
    01-11-13 09:06 PM
    Guys, The reason you can not pre-order is that you will be able to order on your business account and there will be reserved stock for biz accounts. I had a call with our BELL account manager and he assured that he will get us as soon as it is avilable to bell. There will be reserved stock for biz accounts..
    01-12-13 01:05 AM
    For those that are wondering when Rogers will be allowing business' to preorder, here is a way to be advised by Rogers as to when.....

BlackBerry 10
    01-12-13 02:49 PM
    She'll say I can wait... LOL
    Get a new girlfriend to go with the new BlackBerry. Simple solution - out with the old, in with the new.
    01-13-13 07:35 AM
    For those that are wondering when Rogers will be allowing business' to preorder, here is a way to be advised by Rogers as to when.....

BlackBerry 10
    I called in yesterday and was told to use this link, unfortunately it's a sign up news rather than a reservation site.

"Sign up for the Latest Rogers BlackBerry� 10 News:"
    01-13-13 09:34 AM
    I called in yesterday and was told to use this link, unfortunately it's a sign up news rather than a reservation site.

"Sign up for the Latest Rogers BlackBerry� 10 News:"
    Ya, it is just a sign up for news, but at least it opens the lines of communication so that as soon as business clients have access, you'll know. I would venture a guess that Rogers, and other carriers, have ordered a bank of phones specifically for the enterprise market. Of course I have no proof of that but it just makes sense.
    01-13-13 09:40 AM
    Ya, it is just a sign up for news, but at least it opens the lines of communication so that as soon as business clients have access, you'll know. I would venture a guess that Rogers, and other carriers, have ordered a bank of phones specifically for the enterprise market. Of course I have no proof of that but it just makes sense.
    Further to this, I logged into myRogers, went back to the main site(device reserve was greyed out on 'myRogers') and was able to reserve a device without issue.
    I'm # 2314 - GTA.

Anyone with the same issue, give it a whirl.
    01-13-13 02:59 PM
    Talked my brother into reserving his. He did it today. Was # 2369.
    01-15-13 12:02 AM
    Just pre-ordered my BB10, was number 2432!
    01-15-13 07:40 PM
    Seems to be accelerating
    01-15-13 11:08 PM
    Any idea what its up to now?
    01-20-13 01:44 PM
    Any idea what its up to now?
    It really does not matter unless it reaches 1 000 000 pre-orders. Then you can dance in the streets. With only a few more days before the official launch event the pre-order count might reach 5 000 if there is enough hype but only sales-into-the-hands-of-subscribers and new subscriber conversions mean anything.
    01-20-13 01:57 PM
    just did it...2894
    cjcampbell and schmeat like this.
    01-22-13 10:29 PM
    Don't forget there's ton's of people who pre-registered for rogers devices at Best Buy, Future Shop, The Mobile Shop, T-Booth, Wireless Wave etc etc etc that aren't included in that number.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-22-13 11:32 PM
    Don't forget there are tons of people who will buy it when its available but just don't feel comfortable reserving one. There are also people who wan't to wait and read a few reviews before they commit to it. I think if 2894 represents die hard BB fans on Rogers, that number is pretty damn good! Overall sales will be awesome I'm sure. RIM is also still going to be selling their BBOS phones like the 9900 and the transition to BB10 will take time, but be as smooth as possible. My guess is that about another 1000 people have reserved but canceled. My reservation wen't from 207 to 195, others have jumped much further.

I plan on using my girlfriends Rogers account to reserve one on the 30th just to see where things are at on launch day.
    01-23-13 07:36 AM
    I've canceled my direct rogers reservation in favor of reserving directly at a retail outlet who's promised to order one for me the moment they are available to order and get it for me next day.
    01-23-13 08:58 AM
    just checked on my reservation after reading this and i went from 2432 on the 15th down to 2396 today
    01-23-13 09:14 AM
    I've canceled my direct rogers reservation in favor of reserving directly at a retail outlet who's promised to order one for me the moment they are available to order and get it for me next day.
    That's cool, I know the rogers store I am going to, has already said they have about 5 preorders and will be ordering 10 additional phones at minimum, but the store is not a busy store... so I hope they have it day 1.
    01-23-13 09:26 AM
    Still #4 on the list!!
    01-23-13 09:26 AM
    I moved up to 158
    01-23-13 09:51 AM
    3010...ugh
    01-24-13 09:50 AM
280 ... 56789 ...