Hi everyone just checking the masses.
    Each time I check for an update I get a notification that the !0.0.10.85 is available 5mb worth.
    If I do the update then check again in 24hours, the same update is available?
    What gives? Can't it tell I'm running the latest update?
    I'm just looking for the logic
    04-16-13 02:08 PM
    Hi everyone just checking the masses.
    Each time I check for an update I get a notification that the !0.0.10.85 is available 5mb worth.
    If I do the update then check again in 24hours, the same update is available?
    What gives? Can't it tell I'm running the latest update?
    I'm just looking for the logic
    Did you delete any of the bundled Rogers apps?
    04-16-13 02:10 PM
    It's truing to re-install crap apps.

Have you been deleting them?

Via my Z10
    04-16-13 02:17 PM
    Yes I have been dumping the rogers apps each time I get the new update.... hence I now see the reason for the constant updates.
    I keep hoping there will be a new update to fix my garbled emails with the mystery characters thrown in here and there.
    With one good update BB could turn this whole game around.

Thanks
    04-17-13 09:15 AM
    Just toss all of the Rogers apps into one folder and put it on your last page of apps. Saves you from having the "update" all the time. Sadly, there is not feature to hide folders and icons yet.

The mystery characters, if they're the ones I'm thinking of, come from incompatible characters on the senders end. I've noticed that if I type a special character on my BB device, such as a lower case "o" with an accent above it (Portuguese people will know what I'm talking about) it doesn't always display properly on other devices. Although, I usually find its with apostrophes on twitter that for some reason will display as a "&" I think (or is it the word "amp&" something weird like that)
    trynacu2 likes this.
    04-17-13 09:23 AM
    I have to admit, the "Your Account" us pretty useful.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:25 AM
    That's is the only App that stays from Rogers.
    Just some quick observations on the Z10... the learning curve is dramatic, I'm still not up to my old speed of the QWERTY.
    -I'm at twice the data of my old 9800 and I'm usually on wifi
    -The crazy format errors in my sent emails mean I can't use it for business. Thi=s i=s what s=ome of m=y emai=ls lo=ok like
    04-17-13 11:22 AM
    That's is the only App that stays from Rogers.
    Just some quick observations on the Z10... the learning curve is dramatic, I'm still not up to my old speed of the QWERTY.
    -I'm at twice the data of my old 9800 and I'm usually on wifi
    -The crazy format errors in my sent emails mean I can't use it for business. Thi=s i=s what s=ome of m=y emai=ls lo=ok like
    The data usage is a well documented one as the Z10 does not use BIS so the data is not compressed anymore.

Format errors I have yet to encounter and I use my Z10 for business emails on a daily basis. Have you looked into why this is happening?
    04-17-13 11:27 AM
    Here is a cut/paste from a BB forum regarding the issue.

As you mentioned yourself in an earlier post, it has been documented in several threads here and on Crackberry that the issue is caused by a combination of a bug in the last Z10 update (LF only instead of CRLF line termination) and poor SMTP server handling of that bug. Therefore, some Z10 users will be affected and others not, depending on how the SMTP server they use for outgoing emails is implemented. Don't know what exchanges you have had privately with the OP but I suggest he tries to use the Yahoo mail SMTP server which handles the lack of CR well and has solved the problem for me.

‎03-05-2013 11:03 PM

Hi there,

I saw your post almost with a sense of relief...in that I am not alone. The exact same thing started happening with my Z10 yesterday. Garbled outgoing e-mail texts that seem to contain a lot of the actual coding. I went to my service provider but they had no idea what to do and no solution, saying it was just a random thing that happens from time to time with e-mail software, and that it should just go away. They doubted it was a problem with the hardware per se. Didn't sound very convincing to me and still doesn't help me because my e-mails are almost unreadable and it is an embarassment wiyj colleagues and clients.
    04-17-13 11:41 AM
    The data usage is a well documented one as the Z10 does not use BIS so the data is not compressed anymore.
    That is not entirely true. BIS is now a carrier option and Rogers (the OP carrier) lets you keep your BIS plan when switching phones but you have to ask. I have the Z10 on BIS - push emails work just fine and data hasn't changed drastically.
    04-17-13 11:42 AM
    The characters you are seeing are from a smtp handshake issue. your options are:

1.) wait for Rogers to release an update.

2.) find the link on the forums for the brick updater and download the AT&T update. It worked for me...sorry but I don't have time to find the link. I'm sure somebody out there that has time can provide it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:43 AM
    I didn't know that.... I fear that painful 2 hour call through 5 call centers to get the issue looked and and confirmed. It seems like it's worth it though so I can freely write emails again
    04-17-13 11:44 AM
    Brick updater?
    04-17-13 11:48 AM
    Yes I have been dumping the rogers apps each time I get the new update.... hence I now see the reason for the constant updates.
    I keep hoping there will be a new update to fix my garbled emails with the mystery characters thrown in here and there.
    With one good update BB could turn this whole game around.

Thanks
    Well it would seem this issue is the root cause - deleting provider based apps (that are apart of the firmware of the Z10). I was hoping that the BIS PUSHED applications by providers was a thing of the past with BB10, arrgh!!

PS: Does anyone know HOW to load a non provider firmware on Z10 and where to source that firmware? Also, would sourced firmware update non-carrier set in the future? From now on I'm buying unlocked at full retail or grey market BNIB prices.

That is not entirely true. BIS is now a carrier option and Rogers (the OP carrier) lets you keep your BIS plan when switching phones but you have to ask. I have the Z10 on BIS - push emails work just fine and data hasn't changed drastically.
    Really? Just to double-check that its BIS price plan and not the BIS SOC that enabled BBM, BBM Video, BBM Voice and BBM Screen Sharing, right?
    04-17-13 11:53 AM
    https://mega.co.nz/#!d8lebtpy!hftlgm..._dwiuzo6s671we

I had to open and download with Google Chrome. It works...I have 100-3 model, said to work on 100-2 model.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks Jimmy,
    you're going to have to explain it a bit more though.
    I have a STL100-3 as well
    04-17-13 12:21 PM
    This is what I did...

1.) Backed up my Z10 with BlackBerry Link.

2.) Downloaded the brick loader (from the link).

3.) Close the BlackBerry Link software and disconnect phone.

4.) open the loader software (opens a DOS window).

5.) Connect phone to again and the loader will start the process

6.) restore your phone from the back up via Link you made earlier.

7.) Enjoy clutter fre email!!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:56 PM
    Really? Just to double-check that its BIS price plan and not the BIS SOC that enabled BBM, BBM Video, BBM Voice and BBM Screen Sharing, right?
    Its the full BIS plan that I had on my 9900. I told Rogers that want to change SIMs (had to get a new one for my Z10) and stay on my BIS plan.

Btw, my phone does not have carrier firmware (its a red developers phone) but I still get the Rogers crap pushed to my phone.
    04-17-13 01:58 PM
    That's interesting as I am also on Rogers and was not given, or even notified of, this option. Will have to call them tonight to see if there is anything they can do. I know that even without it, my emails, aside from @rogers.com which piggy backs off of yahoo.com, come through instantly.
    04-17-13 02:01 PM
    That's interesting as I am also on Rogers and was not given, or even notified of, this option. Will have to call them tonight to see if there is anything they can do. I know that even without it, my emails, aside from @rogers.com which piggy backs off of yahoo.com, come through instantly.
    I think you have to be in a position where your existing BIS plan can be grandfathered. If you got a subsidised phone you probably got a new plan.
    04-17-13 02:21 PM
    I think you have to be in a position where your existing BIS plan can be grandfathered. If you got a subsidised phone you probably got a new plan.
    I had switched my plan back in November to the Super 6GB plan and to the best of my knowledge that's the same plan I'm still on. I don't recall being asked to switched when I upgraded to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:12 AM
    I had switched my plan back in November to the Super 6GB plan and to the best of my knowledge that's the same plan I'm still on. I don't recall being asked to switched when I upgraded to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Like I said earlier you have to ask them - they don't ask you as they they are trying to move as many as possible off BIS.
    04-18-13 09:45 AM
    Yes all the carriers Bloat ware will always want you download them again not sure why for the z10, maybe a carrier BS thing, but all older devices you could delete and never have again. I am hoping this is fixed soon through the carriers, its not a z10 issue at all.

All I did is put all the Bloat ware into a folder and named it things I deleted.

The My account app is very useful to keep track of your Data usage and your balance amongst things,
    04-18-13 10:00 AM
    personally, i ignore it until i know there is an actual new update. i will update and then delete the pre-loaded crap from rogers again.
    04-18-13 10:17 AM
    Hi Jimmy, it says this file no longer exists
    04-18-13 03:49 PM
26 12