Hey All,

I unlocked my Z10 a week ago in order for me to "NOT GET RAPED" by the big three (Bell, Rogers and Telus) when going to the U.S. $48.95 for 14 days while in the U.S. gives me unlimited talk anywhere nationally, unlimited talk back to anywhere in Canada (obviously calls must originate from the U.S.), unlimited international texting and 4GB of data. Now I'm worry free when using my Z10 whenever I'm in the U.S. on holidays, Hawaii included.

I've been in Miami now for the last 6 days and coverage (uses T-Mobile's network) has been excellent! Every crook and cranny within Dade and Broward counties have been excellent. Driving up north on the Turnpike towards Kissimmee, Ocoee and Orlando have been all top notch.

Roam Mobility / T-Mobile coverage has allowed my BlackBerry Maps to have excellent reliability. It has found all addresses that I've entered without a hitch.

With that being said...in Vancouver with Telus, my Z10 clearly shows 4G LTE. Now here in the U.S, Roam Mobility / T-Mobile shows 4G (no LTE). Is this in reality HSPA+...or the fake 4G?

I know T-Mobile has 4G LTE because my father in law who lives here has a 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot device and when I test it using speedtest.net, download is around 32-38mbps.

Below are pics showing the network icons.
    Telus - 4G LTE
    Roam Mobility Rocks on my Unlocked Telus Z10-img_00000543.png
    Roam Mobility/T-Mobile - 4G (LTE not showing)
    Roam Mobility Rocks on my Unlocked Telus Z10-img_00002193.png
    Roam Mobility Rocks on my Unlocked Telus Z10-img_00002194.png

Taking into consideration that my Z10 is unlocked and it has access to full LTE including AWS which T-Mobile has...why am I not accessing their LTE network unlike my father in-laws T-Mobile 4G LTE mobile hotspot?
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by qphone; 12-14-13 at 02:47 AM.
    12-14-13 02:26 AM
    Maybe Roam doesn't offer LTE? Just a guess.

I have unlocked my Z10 as well and will be getting a Roam sim when going to Vegas. I've only heard good things. Hope someone can answer your question.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    12-14-13 03:40 AM

I have unlocked my Z10 as well and will be getting a Roam sim when going to Vegas. I've only heard good things. Hope someone can answer your question.

Here's a snapshot using speedtest.net. Looking at this it's most likely HSPA+ (enhanced 3G/Fake 4G). Nevertheless...it's still damn reliable and having 4GB as part of the 14 day package is awesome!

Also noticed that T-Mobile is using Rackspace as the ISP.

Roam Mobility Rocks on my Unlocked Telus Z10-img_00002195.png

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:45 AM
    Here's a snapshot using speedtest.net. Looking at this it's most likely HSPA+ (enhanced 3G/Fake 4G). Nevertheless...it's still damn reliable and having 4GB as part of the 14 day package is awesome!

Also noticed that T-Mobile is using Rackspace as the ISP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00002195.png 
Views:	1930 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	229784

Posted via CB10
    In the extreme fringe areas....i have noticed it drop to 3G, EDGE and as low as GSM. But when I step back a few feet to where I had no issues, 4G pops back.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:49 AM
    I have a question about using ROAM -- the ROAM website says to change the APN to roam when I have their sim card in the phone, but right now, the space to enter the APN is greyed out (has the Telus info, and I just got my phone unlocked today). When I put the ROAM sim card in, will the APN space ungrey to allow me to enter the correct info to use ROAM in the US?
    03-08-14 05:49 PM
    I found the Roam website the other day and was wondering if anyone had tried it. I'm needing to get some kind of SIM solution for when I go to San Diego Comic Con in July. Nice to have full use of GPS and follow all the goings on on Twitter without coming home to a $400 phone bill.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 08:08 PM
    OP. Where did you get your phone unlocked
    03-09-14 09:03 PM
    polgara 59 yes when you out in the roam sim you will be able.to change the apn

I love roam when in the usa. Can't beat it. I'm on rogers and even with their new amazing pricing (as they say) it's just raping us and way overpriced.

The only downfall on roam is the mms texting does not work. So you cannot send pics etc thru texts. Only thru email, bbm or other messengers.

With rogers I set my call forwarding using absolute call forwarding, not the regular forwarding on my rogers. I also put an auto reply on txt msgs so people will know I am away and what number to reach me on.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:07 AM
    OP. Where did you get your phone unlocked
    I used cellunlock (dot) net.

Sent via ? BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus Network
    03-10-14 01:53 AM
    I have a question about using ROAM -- the ROAM website says to change the APN to roam when I have their sim card in the phone, but right now, the space to enter the APN is greyed out (has the Telus info, and I just got my phone unlocked today). When I put the ROAM sim card in, will the APN space ungrey to allow me to enter the correct info to use ROAM in the US?
    Inserting the Roam sim in your unlocked BlackBerry 10 device will not work if you're in Canada. You must be in the U.S first and then take out the Canadian (Bell, Rogers, Telus) sim and use Roam. Turn your phone back on and it will go on and attach to T-Mobile and from there you can change the APN.

Sent via ? BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus Network
    polgara59 likes this.
    03-10-14 01:59 AM
    I tried this a while ago, and even in Canada, the apn will populate correctly when the roam mobility is inserted into an unlocked z10.

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    03-10-14 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 07:33 PM
    Great thread. Thanks for the information. I bought my Roam Mobility sim card today, activated it at home through their websit, then bought a plan for a week I'll be spending in Vegas. Hopefully all that I will have to do when I land is put in the sim card, change the APN settings to 'roam', and off to the races.
    07-08-14 09:54 PM
    Great thread. Thanks for the information. I bought my Roam Mobility sim card today, activated it at home through their websit, then bought a plan for a week I'll be spending in Vegas. Hopefully all that I will have to do when I land is put in the sim card, change the APN settings to 'roam', and off to the races.
    No worries...and just recently, you can upgrade your current Roam SIM to full 4G LTE http://www.roammobility.com/4g-lte-network

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus
    07-09-14 12:47 AM
    Seeing as Roam Mobility uses T Mobiles network, anyone know if/how to get wifi calling to work?

I have the T Mobile wifi app installed, but won't work because of an emergency address requirement and asks that I log into my t mobile account to set it up.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:38 AM
    I used roam on my unlocked z30 when in Florida this past April. Easy to use. I didn't have lte but recently received an email from them stating they are in the process of rolling it out. I'll be using the same sim card when we go to Texas in November.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:55 AM
    I used roam on my unlocked z30 when in Florida this past April. Easy to use. I didn't have lte but recently received an email from them stating they are in the process of rolling it out. I'll be using the same sim card when we go to Texas in November.

Posted via CB10
    Just to follow up on this: I received my email from RM a week or so ago that I could upgrade my existing SIM card to be LTE enabled. It cost $1.95 (taxes and all in).

Beauty parts about this, aside from the LTE speed boost:

-You don't need to wait on another SIM. Your existing one will work.
    -You can now enter in a zip code and you'll be given a local number in that area (choose wisely, you can only change it once; you can also keep your existing number).
    -Can now send MMS and premium text messages.
    -Apparently you'll now be able to buy plan options by the day instead of the preset ones now.
    -Also apparently coming is more included long distance calls to other countries.

All this to say...wow. I am loving RM these days! I couldn't help but chuckle when I got a text from my provider with some "amazing" US deals...$10 for texting only! $1.50/mb used!

You'd be a fool to not use RM if you're going to the US. When a you can give me 9 gigs of data and unlimited everything else, including long distance back to Canada for $89/month, then we'll talk Robellus.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:47 PM
    Yep, I used it on a recent 2 week trip to the us. Got data only and just used my Skype account to call phones. It sure beats shutting off data roaming and hoping for wifi access! Also beats any airport wifi plan!
    I think it was 20 or 30 bucks for 4/5 Gb.
    Used my phone for GPS as well to avoid the 15/day GPS charges the car rental place charge.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:56 PM
    my son used Roam Mobility when he went for a week to San Fran, never missed a call from him while he was there, we're going to Hawaii from July 26 to July 31. upgraded my current sim to LTE, purchased 2-1 day UL Talk,Text,300MB data, another 3 days UL Talk, Text, 900MB Data, so a total of 5 day for only C$22.+

will give a follow up with my post once we're there to give feedback about the coverage and signal efficiency.
    07-25-14 02:14 PM

Actually they just upgraded to LTE you just have to update your sim card

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    07-25-14 02:29 PM
    I have used this in Washington and Hawaii so far. Awesome!

07-25-14 02:31 PM
    Yep...none of the big three can't even come close. I always get a good laugh when I get emails from Telus telling me about their new awesome roaming talk, sms and data plans while visiting the U.S.

....NOT!

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus
    07-25-14 02:53 PM
    Keep up the discussion on Roam Mobility guys! The more this gets discussed and the more the general public learns how easy it is to save, the quicker (I pray) that the big 3 will take notice that their roaming bottom line is hurting and makes some changes!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 03:00 PM
    The big three will never learn. To stupid.

polgara59 likes this.
    07-25-14 04:59 PM
    The big three will never learn. To stupid.

Not stupid at all.
    Just greedy!
    polgara59 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:01 PM
37 12