Well the Galaxy SIII has the S Beam or L beam whatever it's called to share videos or photos when putting two phones up against each other. Maybe he meant That kind of Screen Sharing but BlackBerry's way...idk.
    You mean NFC right?
    spike12 likes this.
    11-22-12 08:24 PM
    I think that they are going to have a 10" netbook/tablet pc that you insert the phone into. That is, a la transformers, the phone becomes the netbook (and maybe the trackpad/mouse of the netbook once joined together). Check out the add that got torn off crackberry and other sites, but some how managed to get back onto youtube .

Notice right at the end there is a playbook, the L-series phone, the N-series phone and then this mysterious netbook thing. Hmmm, course I often don't know what I am talking about so I will go with Blackberry TV for the other device. The NFC doc sharing demoed by TAT would also be cool to see implemented.
    11-22-12 10:37 PM
    I think that they are going to have a 10" netbook/tablet pc that you insert the phone into. That is, a la transformers, the phone becomes the netbook (and maybe the trackpad/mouse of the netbook once joined together). Check out the add that got torn off crackberry and other sites, but some how managed to get back onto youtube .

Notice right at the end there is a playbook, the L-series phone, the N-series phone and then this mysterious netbook thing. Hmmm, course I often don't know what I am talking about so I will go with Blackberry TV for the other device. The NFC doc sharing demoed by TAT would also be cool to see implemented.
    I was wondering if there would be anything more news this video.
    11-22-12 11:04 PM
    They are not even shipping the N-series right from the outset, that can only be due to it not being ready by then so the idea that they are going to be launching any other hardware like a tablet or netbook that wouldn't sell as well as that phone is simply ludicrous as it would effectively be losing them money to do so.

To be honest, I think the biggest surprise reveal we can expect from them would be immediate availability of the L-series models for each region or at least from the following Monday.
    11-23-12 05:41 AM
    Well the Galaxy SIII has the S Beam or L beam whatever it's called to share videos or photos when putting two phones up against each other. Maybe he meant That kind of Screen Sharing but BlackBerry's way...idk.
    I think he means this

mphillips828 likes this.
    11-23-12 06:14 AM
    My view would be a tablet with BB10 that functions as a fully integrated communications platform. Sort of breaking down the walls between tablets and phones. It would fit in with their overall business plan.

To be honest, I think something big is going to happen in the tablet space in terms of functionality in the next year. It sort of makes sense. It fits with RIM not being overly proactive on the playbook side of the equation. Likewise, I was perplexed with Apple launching two tablets together a month ago. The whole event seemed a bit rushed and the products were decidedly unremarkable. This is not Apple's style and it just made me wonder whether they had to push product out the door because in 6 months, this product cycle was done. Who knows. Keeps me interested.
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    11-23-12 06:38 AM
    Yeah looking foward to the reveals.I only ever wanted fast internet anything else is just a bonus.

About time BB gets an update and I need one aint bought no other phone make since 06 .

If we get features that no other phone have the better.Give or take a month two the other brands will rush a phone out with silly specs(that dont improve anything) when they see us back in the game.

Meantime I'll be peeking and flowing. Really wonder what TAT have done with the PB using BB10 OS.The PB has pretty much been given to them by RIM they probably pushed for the 10 inch PB to be made. Should be all good good times good times ahead.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-23-12 at 09:26 AM.
    11-23-12 09:12 AM
    I'm always careful with 'surprises at launch'. Especially since Microsoft said to have some surprises at the launch of WP8, but except for a kids corner, not so much news...
    11-23-12 11:33 AM
    At this point I don't think RIM can make a call saying they have "surprise reveals" and then not have any.
    11-23-12 12:03 PM
    If I were a guessing man, my Guess is we get a Siri like feature.
    They already released something like that for the dev alpha a while back if I'm not mistaken...
    11-23-12 12:37 PM
    OMIGAWD! Will we really be able to manage our bookmarks?!? The next thing you know, we're going to get a useable, searchable, native file manager for Christmas.
    11-23-12 12:57 PM
    Maps (google)
    Nav (any - Nokia anyone?)
    Hulu
    Netflix
    Amazon
    Skype (although the BBM Voice, and BBM Video Call are major cool)
    Flash support (would be nice)
    Wireless Q Charging

in addition to everything else already out there - that would about close the major App gaps. They are already making headway on games and for all those talking heads that say that you need Millions of Apps - ask me how many I use on a day to day basis.
    11-23-12 01:17 PM
    I dunno what people haven't caught onto yet. I've said it many, many times. RIM has not shown off the full OS yet, what we've seen.. is very little in comparison to what they have lol.
    11-23-12 05:26 PM
    How do you know, Bla1ze? What have you seen?
    11-23-12 05:39 PM
    It has been stated before on CrackBerry, I haven't looked for the link...but basically screen sharing means many things...best used scenario I can see would be this...

I am on the phone with my girlfriend, friend, co-worker, anyone who has a BB10 device as well...and as I am on speaker phone with lets say my girlfriend, I am browsing the web to look for something to make for dinner tonight. I find a great meal with instructions on a website. Instead of taking the time to send the website or anything like that...I can open screen sharing, and my girlfriend will be able to see my phones screen on her phone...thus whatever I am doing, scrolling through the ingredients or pictures of other meals, so can follow along as I am searching. That way the two of us are looking at the exact same thing and she is following along what I am doing.

This is a VERY VERY good feature and will be amazing if it turns out to be true.

Also someone mentioned a siri like function...and this absolutely will be in the final product! They can not have LESS than whats already on the market, they need to at the very least launch with identical features...and as such will have Siri-Like programming...also Bla1ze did a video of where he found a voice recognition built into the dev alpha device...hidden away in there...so they are clearly working on it!
    11-23-12 05:47 PM
    i think he means this

http://i.imgur.com/iyu7z.png
    this is exactly the thing i am referring to! Lol thanks!!
    11-23-12 05:52 PM
    How do you know, Bla1ze? What have you seen?
    NDA applies here I think.
    Barljo and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-24-12 05:18 AM
    To be honest, I think the biggest surprise reveal we can expect from them would be immediate availability of the L-series models for each region or at least from the following Monday.
    I doubt they can keep this a secret until launch date. Carriers in different regions would promote it way before.
    11-24-12 07:32 AM
    The file sharing NFC brofist is kinda weird to me. I get why its a good idea, but its not in any way 'new' its just bluetooth file transfer except you touch phones together instead of searching for them. It just doesn't get me excited.

The idea of a blackberry transformer... I don't know. I wasn't a fan of the atrix idea, and I'm not a fan of it now. Thing is that if I'm going to have something bigger than a 7" tablet then I want it to have a full desktop OS on it. Even if RIMs mobile computing ideal takes off, I still won't be playing windows games on my RIM device, and that's a reasonably big deal to me - its the same reason I'm absolutely not interested in a Chrome book. I can get a gaming laptop for a few hundred more... why wouldn't I? If I'm taking a laptop bag then I'm probably staying somewhere overnight and I want to be able to chill as well as work, and no, angry birds doesn't cut it.
    11-24-12 07:59 AM
    I think he means this

http://i.imgur.com/IYu7z.png
    Yeah I saw that on another website, But that was my First time seeing it.
    11-24-12 10:04 AM
    BRICK BREAKER HD!
    kuffkuff and Barljo like this.
    11-24-12 10:17 AM
    The file sharing NFC brofist is kinda weird to me. I get why its a good idea, but its not in any way 'new' its just bluetooth file transfer except you touch phones together instead of searching for them. It just doesn't get me excited.
    It simplifies the process and is just one of the uses for NFC, so it is clearly not a bad thing even if you are able to do the same thing in other ways, using similar logic we would still have to create a dial-up session on our phone just to go and get our email since it still works too.
    11-24-12 10:22 AM
    I'd love to see some native blackberry cloud service
    11-25-12 01:40 AM
    Well, NFC can be used for all sorts of stuff. On my Android phone, I have NFC Task Manager, and it allows me to use NFC to change my settings and launch apps at different places where I've placed a NFC tag. When I leave the house to go to work, I touch my phone against the NFC tag in my car and it automatically turns on the mobile network, car mode, and bluetooth to connect to my car stereo. When I get to work, I touch another NFC tag and my phone turns to silent mode and hook onto the wifi at the company. Hopefully for BB10, RIM will let us have access to the NFC radio to do something like this...
    11-25-12 02:12 AM
    I'd love to see some native blackberry cloud service
    In some ways they already have one with stuff like bb protect or the way bbid is changing, but if you are talking about the x amount of gig storage side of cloud services, I would actually prefer them to take another approach to things and work hard to integrate support for as many of the established players such as dropbox, box, skydrive and google drive as they can because the biggest benefits to that stuff comes from being able to readily synch between all your devices and not being locked off to just one type.
    11-25-12 06:30 AM
103 1234 ...