I own a 18000 INR worth phone, which takes 3-4 seconds to receive call, 4-5. Seconds after tapping 'end call' to actually end the call, whose battery dies at any random %,
    which takes about 3 complete minutes to start and work normally, the BlackBerry link software is simply owe some adding beauty to this phone.
    Anyone else happy like me with this good phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:37 PM
    I own that model, and I used to have the phone-answering problem, but after a minor update everything is good. In a way, the latest "official" update fixed the issues with my Z10, but messed it up for my Q10.
    If only I would have turned auto-update off till 10.3 was mature and as stable enough as 10.2. Oh well, if the next update makes matters worse, I will go for a 10.2 autoloader.

Here's a "myver" for you:
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:44 PM
    I own that model, and I used to have the phone-answering problem, but after a minor update everything is good. In a way, the latest "official" update fixed the issues with my Z10, but messed it up for my Q10.
    If only I would have turned auto-update off till 10.3 was mature and as stable enough as 10.2. Oh well, if the next update makes matters worse, I will go for a 10.2 autoloader.

Here's a "myver" for you:
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    On 10.2.x there was no equaliser! Wait, I have neutron app, but the 18000? Music equaliser wasn't supposed to be given at that price, it needed some extra penny!
    Then there's call recorder, it's the most important utility app, again 18000 is not enough to get it!
    10.3 us better than 10.2, but it's all a waste when one has stl 100 01!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:01 AM
    I look for stability and ease of use. Do not want to deal with waiting to place or answer a phone call. That is counterproductive to me, and to many others I believe.
    Equalizers and call recording aren't important to me, as they are important to you.

Posted via CB10
    Kesharik4 likes this.
    04-10-15 01:21 AM
    I own a 18000 INR worth phone, which takes 3-4 seconds to receive call, 4-5. Seconds after tapping 'end call' to actually end the call, whose battery dies at any random %,
    which takes about 3 complete minutes to start and work normally, the BlackBerry link software is simply owe some adding beauty to this phone.
    Anyone else happy like me with this good phone?

Posted via CB10
    I also have the same problem. Z10 is an awesome phone. Wish I had money to buy an stl100-2 or 3 model.
    If you are interested in buying a device than try leap too....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 07:45 AM
    I also have the same problem. Z10 is an awesome phone. Wish I had money to buy an stl100-2 or 3 model.
    If you are interested in buying a device than try leap too....

Posted via CB10
    Am already too much frustrated with z10, BlackBerry will be my last option when I will be purchasing next phone! This z10 was a big waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    twburger likes this.
    04-10-15 08:55 AM
    Stl100-1 was the genie pig. I have two of these. Its a love hate relationship. BB owes us big time for buying them. Can't even sell them with that battery calibration problem.
    04-10-15 09:13 AM
    Stl100-1 was the genie pig. I have two of these. Its a love hate relationship. BB owes us big time for buying them. Can't even sell them with that battery calibration problem.
    They were built at the specific request of the carriers that sold them. They wanted a lower cost unit that did not have LTE. BlackBerry had to look at another chipset that did not have LTE baked in.

The pickle now is how many resources do you allocate to support the odd duck that only has a user base of a few hundred thousand at best.

They may have their glitches, but they are still getting all of the latest OS updates after over two years on the market.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 04-10-15 at 10:32 AM.
    04-10-15 09:33 AM
    I own this model too. But after update with latest os 10.3.1.2576, something not right with my call notification. Will automatically switch to silent mode each time I received incoming calls. This is way too much for me..i have so much missed call just because of this stupid 'setting '. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Posted via Z10-1
    04-10-15 09:34 AM
    I own this model too. But after update with latest os 10.3.1.2576, something not right with my call notification. Will automatically switch to silent mode each time I received incoming calls. This is way too much for me..i have so much missed call just because of this stupid 'setting '. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Posted via Z10-1
    You've tried a clean install with an autoloader, with no restore?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-10-15 09:35 AM
    You've tried a clean install with an autoloader, with no restore?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    That's one more issue! For any problem, there will be at least one solution of using autoloaders! It's not a task of couple of minutes to use autoloaders, and practically, I don't have that amount of time to keep my communication off.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:22 AM
    That's one more issue! For any problem, there will be at least one solution of using autoloaders! It's not a task of couple of minutes to use autoloaders, and practically, I don't have that amount of time to keep my communication off.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that. But I equate major upgrades to upgrading Windows on your desktop. It's always much, much better to do a clean install instead of an "update".

There are simply too many variables involved with a non-destructive update. It's an impossible task for the devs to foresee every possible device state and code perfect accommodation for them all.

It's just the way technology works.

The same happens with Android. People are always clamouring for the OS images after a major update so they too can do a clean install. Like BlackBerry, 90% of all problems can be squashed by a clean install.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-10-15 10:31 AM
    I understand that. But I equate major upgrades to upgrading Windows on your desktop. It's always much, much better to do a clean install instead of an "update".

There are simply too many variables involved with a non-destructive update. It's an impossible task for the devs to foresee every possible device state and code perfect accommodation for them all.

It's just the way technology works.

The same happens with Android. People are always clamouring for the OS images after a major update so they too can do a clean install. Like BlackBerry, 90% of all problems can be squashed by a clean install.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Agreed, but I never wiped my nexus except at the time of rooting it!
    Just clr os cache and phone was as smooth as new.
    There should be such options in BlackBerry os.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:25 PM