Personally every time I install a new os version, right after it I let the battery drain ( powering on every time it shuts down until it just can't turn on at all, usually the battery meter is not calibrated) to take advantage of the few hours till the os re index everything. Since its a fresh install, battery meter (on the phone) resets, and the phone doing its normal work might seem to drain faster but it's simply that it doesn't pick up how much energy is left on it. It's a lithium ion battery, sometimes you just need to let it drain completely for it to recognize how much energy it can save... and I use every install for that.

Maybe this article explains it better http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/fiv...-battery-life/

Hard core BlackBerry 'er
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-20-14 09:37 PM
    Hope this link helps you troubleshoot and see what going on your device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=907434

Posted via Q10 10.2.1 (2141-OS/2142-Radio)
    NinjaB likes this.
    02-20-14 09:43 PM
    Ridiculous bad battery life-img_20140221_132716.png

z10stl100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-21-14 08:03 AM
    So I did a security wipe... things seem to be looking alright based on the graph.. I have my display turned down to half.. I'll keep an eye on it after I download my needed apps and see if the status changes
    Ridiculous bad battery life-img_20140221_102137.png
    Ridiculous bad battery life-img_20140221_102129.png

Posted via CB10
    OniBerry and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-21-14 09:24 AM
    Are you folks saying that there is no way to tell if an Android app has really closed down ? Is there a BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor ( like on my legacy phone) that will close down an open app that is draining the battery?
    02-21-14 11:14 AM
    Yep. OS 10 battery life on the Z10 sucks major donkey balls. I'll typically see myself having to recharge 2 - 3 times a day.
    02-21-14 11:29 AM
    Completely drain your battery, pull it out of your phone for at least 6hours (best done at night), then charge full afterwards with airplane mode switched on.... now monitor your battery again

I did this last night on my Z, up till now it's still on after a day of heavy using with display fully turned up and music + 3G

Attachment 249930
    02-21-14 12:05 PM
    Make sure you turn off Link. That will eat a day off it
    Ridiculous bad battery life-img_20140222_001535.png

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:20 PM
    thanks for the help guys

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-21-14 06:20 PM
    mine did the same thing yesterday you've got me wondering if there was some other cause for my poor battery life.

did you install the sochi update? mine did it after i installed it
    02-21-14 07:11 PM
    Are you folks saying that there is no way to tell if an Android app has really closed down ? Is there a BlackBerry Application Resource Monitor ( like on my legacy phone) that will close down an open app that is draining the battery?
    BBWorld has an app called Task Manager. It can show Android apps that are running in the background and you can Kill them
    02-21-14 10:59 PM
    Task Kill or Ghost Commander will show you Android apps that are running.
    02-22-14 07:47 AM
    yeah my battery life is not great, i am just glad it no longer heats up as much...
    02-22-14 12:23 PM
    I was having some abnormal battery drainage on my Z30 that I couldn't isolate until I downloaded Task Manager and found several Android processes, not apps, running. I would kill them and some would resume running on their own later, until I would kill them again. I deleted all Android apps on the phone and continued to monitor Task Manager. Within a day of deleting the Android apps my battery life was back to normal.

I know this doesn't apply to all Android apps but I've had it with the past issues, especially battery drainage issues, I've experienced when Android apps were on my phone. No more for me. Android apps are persona non grata on my phones. I know many have no issues or claim as much but I don't need them. Personal experience has proven to me my phones run better and with less issues when Android free.
    02-22-14 03:43 PM
    Seems like installing the 1mobile app a couple days ago has killed my battery life. It's now using about 10%/hr. It used to be closer to 5%.

Deleting now and will update whether it helps or not.

Update:
    It's too early to tell, but Display has now gone back up to the top of the battery utilization list, instead of System and the line looks nearly straight again just as it had been before installing 1mobile market.

Update 2:
    My battery life with normal average usage is back to being great as when I had first installed 10.2.1.2141 I'm leaving 1mobile off my Z10.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    Last edited by Carterbits; 02-23-14 at 12:29 AM.
    02-22-14 09:13 PM
    Today was a light usage day for me; meaning maybe 10 emails, many replies to what's app and bbm, 2 or 3 txt msg, very few posts and looking into Facebook and 1 "funny " video my dad sent me with not many phone calls. That being said, I posted before on this thread the importance of keeping a healthy habit of resetting the battery meter from time to time. Again, today was not a typical day, being Saturday .

Also yes android ports suck the life out of the battery. One hog I'm currently using is the Spotify app, it's just ridiculous how much energy it uses ( personal experience, read from other people that it hasn't had such a big impact on their performance).

Battery meter for today pretty much sums up why im not that mad with the Z10 performance.
    Ridiculous bad battery life-img_20140223_032402.png

Hardcore BlackBerry 'er
    02-23-14 01:55 AM
    Well, your system has almost triple the idle workload, so something must be going on. Posting a screen shot of your monitor without context doesn't give a lot to go on.

Not so ridiculous

http://i.imgur.com/KZ9qzCpl.png

How are you getting a day and a half on 53%�.?!! I thought my battery was doing ok but thats ridiculous. I'm on 48% with nothing running (checked withTM) and the radio off and I have 6 hours remaining.
    02-26-14 11:15 AM
    Try this let the battery drain fully and wait 5 mins before putting it on charge, it improves the battery do for a week it should improve however it's still not as good as it was before the update but it's a start! Let me know how it went!!)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:49 PM
43 12