Has anyone been able to successfully internet share on their macbook pro and connect their blackberry using bluetooth and use the internet?
    I've been able to do it using a plugged in ethernet cable and share via wifi and connect z10 using wifi but am wondering if it's possible to share my wifi connection via bluetooth to my z10.
    10-12-13 04:38 PM
    What are you trying to get internet on? Your MacBook or your Z10? I've had success both ways... eg: Making my MacBook a HotSpot for my Z10 and my Z10 as a HotSpot for my MacBook. It's just a bit unclear which direction you want to go.
    10-12-13 06:56 PM
    Sounds to me like he wants his mac to be the hot spot but wants to connect to it via blue tooth not wifi...

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:32 PM
    Interesting. How exactly do I make my macbook a hot spot for my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    goonerkhan likes this.
    10-12-13 11:23 PM
    Interesting. How exactly do I make my macbook a hot spot for my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    It's there somewhere. You can do the same thing with a PC, though I think only to another computer. I might be mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:38 PM
    It's there somewhere. You can do the same thing with a PC, though I think only to another computer. I might be mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    It's called ad-hoc networking. You can also download applications to do get it up and running for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:21 AM
    What are you trying to get internet on? Your MacBook or your Z10? I've had success both ways... eg: Making my MacBook a HotSpot for my Z10 and my Z10 as a HotSpot for my MacBook. It's just a bit unclear which direction you want to go.
    I want to get internet on my z10 by making the macbook a hotspot. The student residence that I live in has weak wifi and my z10 does not get a stable connection but my macbook get's 3 to full bars of strength. I wanted to see if it's possible to use my macbook as a hotspot to share the wifi connection to my z10 via bluetooth. There is an option to do this in the system preferences but I am struggling to get it to work. My z10/macbook pairing doesn't go beyond file sharing and I can't figure out how to allow anything further. I was looking to see if anyone knew the correct way of doing this and if anyone has actually successfully done this. I've tried searching on apple.com but all of those are regarding ios devices non-bluetooth sharing.
    10-13-13 04:35 AM
    I want to get internet on my z10 by making the macbook a hotspot. The student residence that I live in has weak wifi and my z10 does not get a stable connection but my macbook get's 3 to full bars of strength. I wanted to see if it's possible to use my macbook as a hotspot to share the wifi connection to my z10 via bluetooth. There is an option to do this in the system preferences but I am struggling to get it to work. My z10/macbook pairing doesn't go beyond file sharing and I can't figure out how to allow anything further. I was looking to see if anyone knew the correct way of doing this and if anyone has actually successfully done this. I've tried searching on apple.com but all of those are regarding ios devices non-bluetooth sharing.
    My suggestion: plug in your own router if you have access to an Ethernet jack. That's what I did and it worked fine (apart from the fact that my leaked 10.2 kept dropping all wifi connections), but then the university upgraded the wifi, so now I don't need to anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:36 AM