Just got my white Z10. I like it a lot. The on-screen keyboard is better than iPhone and Android. I've owned every recent model. I'm a phone *****. My only gripe with the white Z10 is the back has no grip to it. It's very slick and hard to get a firm grip in your hand. For that reason, I am returning it and going back to the Q10 #LoveMyQ10
    Curious:
    Why not use a Transformer case on the Z10?
    11-17-13 11:27 AM
    Blackberry loyalist for circa ten years.
    Despite my post elsewhere a month or two back that I'd had it with this phone after about six months, I was still having trouble letting go. Decided to man up and try harder to adapt and overcome.
    I did manage to deal with most of my HMI frustrations through retraining. And I cut the sleep magnet out of my Seidio holster and trained my self to put it into sleep manually so **** dialing and other odd crap didn't happen through handling while unclipping it. One deal breaker, the lack of visible notification after awhile when sitting in the charging cradle (nothing like finding out two days after the fact you got a semi-urgent message from your son over the weekend) I accommodated by pairing the Z10 to our Panasonic cordless home system so it rings on the house phone and leaves visual traces if unanswered. That also helped with with the lack of organic spam call blocking capability.
    Now that I've reasonably retrained myself and adapted to my device, it's decided that wasn't good enough and developed a new problem. I leave my phone in sleep mode in its holster in the console of my car during the workday. Always in the same state/configuration. Usually the battery remains 80/90% charged. Randomly, every week and a half average, I instead find it completely discharged and dead.
    Much as I hate this, I really do believe I'm now about over BB and must succumb......
    11-26-13 06:54 PM
    In truly believe most people on this forum never used an android device or iPhone for that matter. They all have issues!!!!...Samsung galaxy phones are notorious for battery drain during idle, iPhone has issues with app compatibility and they're messaging service is garbage.
    BlackBerry 10 is the future of mobile is and I believe that whole heartedly.

Give the os time to mature, there's been 2 major os updates in the first year alone. No company does that, apple has a horrible track record of bad os updates, every other Android is knocking on Google door and need to wait in line.
    BlackBerry is moving quickly and will prove to everyone they're committed and will deliver great devices with an amazing experience.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell, aieieyo and Y. Z. like this.
    12-06-13 02:57 PM
    I am selling my z10 becos the hardware was noticeably inferior to the nexus 5, which surprised me. I expected the software to be the deal breaker, but it was quite easy to use if you are reasonably technical (update to 10.2.1 and side loading snap). I may try RW moto X next as wifi calling helps to save battery life heaps. I use VoIP all the time for this reason. The z10 also runs too hot, especially when chatting and recharging at the same time.
    12-07-13 02:34 AM
    Blackberry loyalist for circa ten years.
    Despite my post elsewhere a month or two back that I'd had it with this phone after about six months, I was still having trouble letting go. Decided to man up and try harder to adapt and overcome.
    I did manage to deal with most of my HMI frustrations through retraining. And I cut the sleep magnet out of my Seidio holster and trained my self to put it into sleep manually so **** dialing and other odd crap didn't happen through handling while unclipping it. One deal breaker, the lack of visible notification after awhile when sitting in the charging cradle (nothing like finding out two days after the fact you got a semi-urgent message from your son over the weekend) I accommodated by pairing the Z10 to our Panasonic cordless home system so it rings on the house phone and leaves visual traces if unanswered. That also helped with with the lack of organic spam call blocking capability.
    Now that I've reasonably retrained myself and adapted to my device, it's decided that wasn't good enough and developed a new problem. I leave my phone in sleep mode in its holster in the console of my car during the workday. Always in the same state/configuration. Usually the battery remains 80/90% charged. Randomly, every week and a half average, I instead find it completely discharged and dead.
    Much as I hate this, I really do believe I'm now about over BB and must succumb......
    This is an interesting post. I am not sure a Blackberry is for you? I have used the original Blackberry holster for all my phones and never had a problem with unwanted dialing and/or odd crap happening through handling while unclipping it. Why use a Seidio and get these problems when you have a holster specifically designed for it?? [ just asking since you went to the trouble to cut the sleep magnet out of the Seidio holster].
    Lack of visible notification - this was removed to preserve battery life- you can buy an third party app to fix this? is it that hard for you? Just as matter of interest, all other phones need apps more than the Blackberry to work efficiently, so if you move to another phone, you will have to use third party apps more so than ever- So why not use it here?? [ just curious]. Your post is very interesting in the sense that you sate that you have your phone in the charging cradle and you find two days after the weekend that your son has left a message for you. So you leave your phone in the cradle for two days after the weekend or the two days are the weekend? and you leave your phone in the car whilst at work? so your phone is not used and the battery goes flat. that is normal. the more you use your phone the more the battery learns to retain its charge. Whatever phone you move to, is not going to be any better. there wont be any visible notification. and if you are a govt worker how would you receive spam? I dont? never have. This is an active sync os like all other phones on the market, therefore the phone will keep updating its email at all times and drain the battery. the old BBOS was working under push whereby the device was merely a recipient. the device was a dead unit receiving mail/texts etc. so the battery could last a lot longer. You may need a basic nokia phone? have you checked them out? good luck in your quest for the phone that will please you but Blackberry is too complex and innovative and interesting and needs constant usage to be appreciated. You have different needs and I can see that the BB10 phone is definitively not for you.
    12-08-13 04:50 AM
    This is an interesting post. I am not sure a Blackberry is for you? I have used the original Blackberry holster for all my phones and never had a problem with unwanted dialing and/or odd crap happening through handling while unclipping it. Why use a Seidio and get these problems when you have a holster specifically designed for it?? [ just asking since you went to the trouble to cut the sleep magnet out of the Seidio holster].
    Lack of visible notification - this was removed to preserve battery life- you can buy an third party app to fix this? is it that hard for you? Just as matter of interest, all other phones need apps more than the Blackberry to work efficiently, so if you move to another phone, you will have to use third party apps more so than ever- So why not use it here?? [ just curious]. Your post is very interesting in the sense that you sate that you have your phone in the charging cradle and you find two days after the weekend that your son has left a message for you. So you leave your phone in the cradle for two days after the weekend or the two days are the weekend? and you leave your phone in the car whilst at work? so your phone is not used and the battery goes flat. that is normal. the more you use your phone the more the battery learns to retain its charge. Whatever phone you move to, is not going to be any better. there wont be any visible notification. and if you are a govt worker how would you receive spam? I dont? never have. This is an active sync os like all other phones on the market, therefore the phone will keep updating its email at all times and drain the battery. the old BBOS was working under push whereby the device was merely a recipient. the device was a dead unit receiving mail/texts etc. so the battery could last a lot longer. You may need a basic nokia phone? have you checked them out? good luck in your quest for the phone that will please you but Blackberry is too complex and innovative and interesting and needs constant usage to be appreciated. You have different needs and I can see that the BB10 phone is definitively not for you.
    Read the first line of my post. I'm not a novice at this/BB. The Z10 is the first Berry I've had giving me the fundamental problems that are driving me away. And I had high hopes for it, too.
    12-11-13 04:50 PM
    PLEASE HELP ME
    I cannot update my apps or download a new one
    I can't log in to my BB ID on my Z10
    I also can't backup using bb link

Returning your BlackBerry Z10?  POST HERE DON'T START A THREAD!-z10-bb-id-error.png
    12-12-13 01:49 AM
    I traded my z10 in at Best Buy because of the lack of apps . The z10 is a good phone don't get me wrong. I shouldn't half to side load android apps that don't run natively on the phone. I gave BlackBerry a chance it just isn't for me.

sent from my Verizon Galaxy S 4
    MozThaGreat and liakos like this.
    12-13-13 06:26 AM
    Here is my opinion of the Z10 after owning it for about 5 months.

Phone calls, the clarity is great. The screen, the screen and camera are clear and images pop. Texting and Emails work well the virtual keyboard works very well even for those of us with fat fingers.

Now here are my flaws.

Major flaw, Battery life. I get about 10 hours maximum if a stay off of it. 6 hours if a have an actual phone call or 2, let alone if I want to pass 10 minutes while waiting on someone and play a game.

The OS, as much a I praised the phone above the OS has many holes in it as far as what BB was built on. In short customization of profiles, ringtones, and sleep mode.

This is my 4th BB and by far the most disappointing. I've had 2 Pearls and a Bold and the nuts and bolts of them were outstanding, meaning battery life for what I use it for about a day and a half, apps galore, and customization out the wazoo.

Guess until BB gets back to what made them King in the beginning and then expands they will be lost. Not try and play follow the leader with android, and windows phones and losing themselves in the process.

Next stop, I'm trying a BB Torch 9860. I know older smaller phone then the Z10, but maybe I can find short term happiness till I find a new phone I really like.
    Last edited by pearldaddy; 12-15-13 at 12:03 AM.
    12-14-13 04:36 PM
    Guys, I wanna sell my BB Z10. Where should I advertise it?
    12-27-13 11:36 AM
    As much as I LOVED my Z10 I couldn't live another day with the long list of cons that come with BB10. BB10 has been on the market now for almost 11 months and I doubt my issues with BB will ever get fixed. 1. Lack of Carrier Support(i.e official OS updates in the US) 2.None of the Apps I want are showing up. At this point I'm just beating a dead horse complaining about things outside of BB's control. So after 5 months of loving and hating my Z10 I upgraded to a 5C. And I have to say I don't regret my decision. I'm still rooting for crackberry tho!
    12-28-13 07:31 PM
    OK guys... I did it. Have returned the Z10 and exchange it for Moto X.
    Those few days (7) spent with Z10 were great about experiencing the different OS (being myself an die-hard Android user), and despite the Z10 was my favorite, it didn't convince me to do the full turn. Has good spec and design, but... Android rules!!!
    Take care guys and enjoy your BB devices...
    12-29-13 02:18 PM
    So if what has been happening but in the last 24 hrs I've had to to a battery pull reset twice due to the phone freezing. Is it because of the 10.2 update I did via sachesi? I still love my BlackBerry but this stinks
    12-30-13 10:01 AM
    I have sadly parted with my Z10 after 10 months of use. For unknown reasons I've always had some sort of issue after OS updates and it was always a case one thing being fixed while breaking another. And in spite of regular updates the quality and availability of apps never really improved to my liking. Apart from that I also seem to have gotten bored with the phone very quickly and the hardware also have felt to age very quickly.

Tired of all the issues I left BB for Android, got myself a Nexus 5 and are quite happy with it. I will admit I do miss BB and the BB10 experience -- peek, flow, hub, typing, multitasking... I do believe that it does some things far better than any other phone. But unfortunately BB will need to improve in a few areas before luring me back. Wishing them all the best
    01-20-14 01:24 PM
    I've had my Z10 for almost a year now and it's still the smartest smartphone I've used. I use stable leaks on it so I have the new features etc.

I get bored with things though and 'borrowed' an iPhone 5 from work. I used it for 2 weeks to get a feel for iOS and I really didn't like it so I went back to my Z10.

Recently I've been frustrated with the absolute lack of apps. I have never been able to install the Kindle app, even on stock OS. It downloads and crashes, or in the instance where I converted and loaded an .apk/.bar it prompted me to sign in each time I launched it.

I bought a Nexus 5 and I've had it for about a week and I pretty much hate it. I'm giving it to a friend and going back to my Z10 and I guess I'll just live without apps.

Gestures, integration and typing experience are so amazing on the Z10, I really can't live without them.
    01-24-14 08:00 PM
    My Z10 was my 4th Blackberry in the last 5 years. I have loved all my BBs although the lack of apps has always been a pain. The Z10 was a big step forward, although the lack of BIS which for me was an issue as work is a major factor I got a Blackberry in the first place, however looking at all these sites where at the bottom of the page it tells you to download the ios or android app and nothing about BB has made me given up the Z10 three weeks ago for a Galaxy S4.
    Can't say I prefer the S4 and I still have not got used to the android way of thinking. The Z10 Hub is way ahead of any other OS has to offer, the keyboard as well.
    I will wait for the new 4.2 OS update to come out and then will decide if I am going back to my Z10 or not. For the time being I will stay with the S4 trying to get used to Android.
    01-26-14 04:26 AM
    sold my z10 after jus 3 weeks. now i am back on my good ol bold 9900..maaaan i missed that keyboard

as a die hard BB loyalist, i found the z10 isnt for me. even if it has a really good on screen keyboard i just could not adopt to it after using qwerty BBs for more than 5 years.
    even with 10.2.1, BB10 has a few annoying glitches which does affect everyday use. i turned off any sound notifications beside of the phone ringer but still get sounds sometimes. the maps app is horrible, it takes for ages until it gets a stable GPS location..Google Maps for android runs hideous and therefor was no option. also i found the swiping and peeking isnt really effective, some functions e.g. copying and pasting and marking text doesnt work well too, i tried the iphone 5s of my brother and i must admit, that apple does those things way better.

now i am back on the legacy 3 year old 9900, which i really abused already. but it still performs like a charm when it comes down to get work done. you can navigate through any menu much faster because of the trackapd, you can mark, copy and paste text with just a few steps and key combinations and dont even have to touch the screen which would result in inefficiency.
    my new carrier doesnt support BIS anymore. i never used a legacy BB without BIS until now but after reading some workarounds i get logicmail to run and it pushes the mails like BIS without a problem, i even can see my IMAP folders which wasnt possible before. Whatsapp runs via direct TCP and the browser as well.
    i dont even need BIS to beat the z10 when it comes down to the best communication tool. actually, because of the lacking apps for our BB platform, i was used to just use a few apps which were available and therfor even knowing i can use android APKs on the z10, i simply ignored em...so i dont use them at all...

the only glitch with the legacy BBs is memory leak, so still needs a reboot after couple of days. BUT, thats funny abou BB10. my z10 never gets into performace issues after a few days which is nice. but it still needed a few reborts due of bugs! HUB doesnt work anymore --> reboot. 3G not working anymore --> reboot. on screen volume rocker not workin anymore --> reboot. those are jus a few of the small but annoying bugs in BB10.
    i dont want to try the q10 because a keyboad without a trackpad jus doesn't make sense to me, i dont want to constantly hover my fingers over the screens because i want to highlight a few words.

to sum up. BB10 is fresh and nice but the real benefits of BlackBerry are gone --> it isnt a plain and simple commication tool anymore...for me, its just some sort of eye candy prototype.
    02-06-14 05:30 AM
    My z10 loudspeaker/ringer stopped working out of the blue. Took it to the carrier, got a brand new replacement Z10 on the spot ! Sweeeeet !
    02-17-14 09:13 AM
    Putting my Blackberry Z10 back in its box. I wanted to try the phone because I've never tried a blackberry before. I've come close to smashing it many times. The android runtime is poor and loses touch all the time and requires a reboot, and its takes too long to boot. It's unnecessary for it to take so long to boot. The gesture controls are poor, it hardly works half of the time, the camera is hit or miss, it's always sometimes blurry, sometimes clear. I've ordered a Lumia 820 on ebay to replace the Blackberry Z10 with.
    03-07-14 11:26 PM
    Recently I've been frustrated with the absolute lack of apps. I have never been able to install the Kindle app, even on stock OS. It downloads and crashes, or in the instance where I converted and loaded an .apk/.bar it prompted me to sign in each time I launched it.

I bought a Nexus 5 and I've had it for about a week and I pretty much hate it. I'm giving it to a friend and going back to my Z10 and I guess I'll just live without apps.
    I'm hoping that you are kidding. Since 10.2.1, it has been easy to get functional apps. Maybe not as smooth as native, but they do work. The Kindle app in BBW has worked very well, even on 10.1.
    03-17-14 04:55 PM
    I returned my Z10 because it was a piece of crap. The first one burned up, and the second one did the same thing. There is a thread from someone who is tinkering with the phones and found a cooling flaw in it's design.
    Let the buyer beware!!! If you value your hard earned cash, this might not be for you.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    03-21-14 08:47 PM
    I returned my Z10 about a year ago. Even though I loved the phone, I didn't like that it didn't work well with my needs.
    I loved the idea of button less wake and hub stuff. Problem was... I use Straight Talk. I was looking for an answer and yet I couldn't find any on how to make it work with Straight Talk's ATT card. The lack of apps kind of sucked, but the main reason for me was because I could not get any data on it. I ended up switching back to Android. Right now I have LG G2, had it for about 6 months now(really a record for me), love that I can wake it up without touching and same thing with putting it to sleep, battery life is super duper mr cooper.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad I returned my Z10, as back then I bought it for almost $700. Oh boy am I learning now not to buy anything new right away.(Same goes for the PS4 and Xbox One) So now a year later, I just ordered one on e-bay for $186. Crazy how the price dropped. Can buy one for $160 though if looking in the right places. Mine is coming this Monday.
    As well it looks like the APN settings can be edited easier and a lot of software issues are fixed, plus with android apps being more available is just awesome. I understand the Z10 is no match for the LG G2, but the OS of the Z10 I think is superior so I have high hopes that it will work.
    I'm also planning to build some apps for BB10, SDK is very similar to the Eclipse for Android. I really hope BB10 kicks off with better reputation and grows, it is an awesome OS.
    04-04-14 02:01 PM
    Interesting thing happened today...
    Talked to my old friend who happens to run a mobile carrier store. (Koodo,Telus) apparently Koodo will not be carrying any Blackberry devices for the next while. The only phone they did carry was the Q5, and they will be dropping it.
    When I asked if it was just sales figures, he said that he's returned over half the new Blackberries he's sold since the BB10 launch.
    And there is your main reason why Foxconn is building the Z3....

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-22-14 02:15 PM
    Hi! I like to know if bb z10 is good for the latest games from android, i mean heavy games like real racing 3 ,asphalt 8 etc. And the battery resist 12 hours ??
    06-28-14 02:31 PM
    I haven't returned my Z10 yet but I'm seriously considering it. It's my first smartphone and the device itself really is nice to use. I like the BB Hub and the possibility to run apps in the background - i.e. looking something up while writing an email etc.

But the lack of apps just isn't acceptable IMO. Almost none of the international press like Guardian, le Monde or NYT have native apps going. And while international stuff and apps are on the brighter side of things, it becomes really a question of luck for more regional needs... there just isn't a market so developpers don't care about BB10.

It pains me a little bit because I actually don't want to support Google and their desastrous policy in terms of privacy. But in fact I'm using quite a few Android apps already via Snap which don't give me the option to deny access - so in the end I'm on a BB10 phone using Android apps or ports thus having the exact same problems and granting Google access anyway. This negelects some of the key feautures like safety and souvereignity when it comes to personal data.

I'm writing this as someone who bought the phone roughly 1,5 years after its appearance on the market. I wish BB would succeed but after such a relatively long time span I hardly believe in the mayor improvement of native apps, leaving the deal with amazon as the only straw for BB to pull themselves out of their misery. But what will arise from that collaboration? Strengthening of the native sector or more ports - I'm afraid the latter is what awaits users. And with that ultimatively the question why to use BB at all as consumer. In a sheer working environment BB will probably stand its ground as a highly specialized niche product. But what good is that to me?

I'm really not sure. Mine has a little problem with the display so I'll ask Amazon to replace it anyway. Right now I'm close to just return it, get my money back and get an Android phone. I would consider Apple but that's just completely out of my price range....
    07-03-14 03:26 AM
247 ... 78910