11-11-16 09:33 PM
247 ... 8910
tools
    Hey guys, I got my blackberry z10 a week ago, but I am having the problem that almost 100% of the people with bb z10 has, the battery percentage glitch...

It won't fully charge, I tried every single solution that I got from here but nothing have worked...

I have tried all the OS and I like BB10 more than all the rest, but since this bug is out since the launch of the phone, and BB won't fix it, I am giving up and return my phone.
    I am really disappointed, since bugs like this tear apart a great OS, a great Company...
    Cheers...
    07-03-14 01:54 PM
    I'm returning mine b/c it would seem the mic is FUBAR... No call audio for person on the other end of the line (NB, BBVE shows mic audio issue + Parrot gets zilch when recording) so it's off to telco in the am for a new ph... Question is - will I persist with the Z10?

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad
    07-17-14 05:29 AM
    Had my Z10 for 8 days and it's going back. Blackberry failed again - least intuitive and user friendly phone on the market, so many swipes and taps to accomplish the simplest tasks. The killer was when I discovered that I had no volume to hear caller or voicemail. Look on the internet and others have same problem. Think about it - a phone that can't be used as a phone! Z10 goes back and my new one with be HTC, LG, Samsung or whatever.
    07-19-14 01:12 PM
    Hi all , i'm kinda leaving blackbberry z10 after like 5 months of usage for a lumia 925.
    i kinda got a great deal where i'd sell bb for 140 euros and buy lumia 925 for 150 , so i only added 10 euros.
    All in one , lumia 925 is far better imo , and way way faster. I had a great time with the blackberry , and i will miss it , but meh , i wanted a better phone. (also , blackberry had way better call and audio quality, in everything else , lumia wins )
    08-01-14 08:21 AM
    Hi! I like to know if bb z10 is good for the latest games from android, i mean heavy games like real racing 3 ,asphalt 8 etc. And the battery resist 12 hours ??
    I played Asphalt on my BlackBerry Z10 but cannot remember which version. It's a native app & it's really great on my Z10. Just that I'm not much of a game person so it's still on my phone and I'm not opening that folder for a while or my work doesn't get done.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:57 AM
    The first time I bought my Blackberry Z10, i felt that I was so lucky coz i thought it would be very useful to me.. but after just a few weeks... and everyday I would wish that I never bought it..because aside from texting and calling..it's useless..I dont what apps is good to download..most free apps have bugs,..and the apps are very limited plus I have to pay for those apps in order to download.. i dont know what to do with this phone anymore...
    08-22-14 09:47 PM
    i am tired of blackberry service center and customer care no in India , 1 month gone not yet received my phone ( Z10 ) from service center . so i will be selling my z10 i am "quitting"
    DARN tired of blackberry
    and will never advice any one to buy bb product in india
    due to worst service after sales ""even local brands provide better service""
    bye bye bb ****
    Last edited by Aditya Purohit; 10-01-14 at 08:22 AM.
    10-01-14 08:08 AM
    That is a very sad story. Good luck finding a platform that works for you in the future.
    10-01-14 08:13 AM
    The first thing I would change is the fact that the sensors have an endemic problem, which means that all owners of this device have problems with screen rotation. BlackBerry has never acknowledged this problem, and simply passes any product inquiries on to the seller. I was unlucky enough to have a cracked screen, and the price of repairing it at the store that it came from was more than the price of a new handset, so I took it to a reputable repair company with more reasonable prices. Unfortunately, this has voided the warranty, so the handset is next to useless. Due to the barrier that BlackBerry builds against its customers, I would never buy any of its products again especially this.
    03-03-15 07:29 AM
    Well, with the Z10 i have a new record: the mobile i kept for less time! It was my first (and last) BB and i was actually satisfied at the very beginning. Then after needing to keep 3g on, i finally experienced the absolute lack of autonomy; beside that i started experiencing lags and after the initial satisfaction i also felt the need of a wider (and cheaper) bbmarket. The end was traumatic because in an extreme situation the Z10 started lagging then freezed then......well, i just launched it against a wall and that was finally it. Got a Samsung Galaxy A3 and God.....this is a science fiction device compared to a Z10. Cheaper, fantastic android mkt plenty of free apps and a quick and reactive UI. Sorry for BB but maybe it deserves to be where actually is.
    03-05-15 10:26 AM
    I have a Torch which I love. I just broke down and bought a Z10, partly because of the impending loss of Traffic, partly because I was way more upset with the loss of Amazon MP3 a few months ago, partly because I thought a bigger screen would be better, and partly because everyone here keeps saying how much better BB10 is.

I mostly use my phone as an organizer, and I found the calendar, contacts, and memos in BB10 to be inferior to those in OS7. The second thing I use it for is music, and I still can't get Amazon MP3, and I lost Pandora and TuneIn Pro which I had on OS7. The third thing I use it for is Email, and I lost the convenience of having my Email accounts segregated. If I'd wanted all my Email jumbled together, I'd only have one Email account. The hub is a hot mess. Thank God I figured out how to keep Twitter out of it. And the person who designed the alarm clock is a flipping *****. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to put the alarm "off" button on the same surface you touch for the snooze function? Overall, there's a lot of wasted swiping and it's not very efficient compared to the OS7. It took longer to turn on and everything seemed slower. I also found the phone to be uncomfortable to hold because it's just a little too big for my hand. The bigger screen isn't really that much bigger because you've exchanged physical buttons for virtual ones. The battery drained faster and the case is cheap compared to my 9850.

The good things were that the keyboard was a little bigger, and ?

I know there are workarounds for some of these things. But I have better things to do than spending my time finding workarounds for an expensive phone that's not as good as what I've had for over 3 years. I spent >20 hrs just trying to get my info transferred from my old phone, downloading and setting up some apps I used on OS7, and trying unsuccessfully to get my credit card accepted for payments for apps due to some glitch somewhere (not my bank). A phone is supposed to make my life easier and not harder. I eventually returned the phone because it kept making loud crackling noises and clearly there was something wrong with it. I've been a BB owner for 10+ years, but I can't see buying another until BB comes out with a phone and OS that are as good as what I have now. They seem to be trying too hard to change the very things that made their phones incredibly functional in the first place.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    03-21-15 09:28 PM
    My last BlackBerry device has a new owner. Good luck to everyone!
    04-26-15 11:20 AM
    My last BlackBerry device has a new owner. Good luck to everyone!
    Can you share your thoughts and experience?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:44 PM
    Can you share your thoughts and experience?
    Z10 was my 4th BlackBerry device (Curve, Bold, Q10, Z10) and the last one. I'm using Android main device from a long time, Z10 was more like experimental in last 12 months. Good build quality device, but is getting old and slow. Screen size is small for the size of the device, battery life is average at best, OS is often lagging, apps open slowly, has 3rd party hardware compatibility issues, ecosystem is dead (BlackBerry World is mostly abandonware), offers limited Android apps compatibility and runs Android apps slowly through software emulation, has issues with Android notifications, etc. Too many workarounds and hacks to make things going around BlackBerry. The new OS 10.3 is a big disappointment for me, BB10 "copycat edition" with elements of Android and iOS, still no customizations whatsoever, UI is dull and ugly to me. The only new BlackBerry device is the Passport (not the right device for me), everything else is 2012-level hardware. There is nothing to upgrade to for full-touch BlackBerry users, even if they want to stay with BlackBerry.
    04-26-15 09:40 PM
    Z10 was my 4th BlackBerry device (Curve, Bold, Q10, Z10) and the last one. I'm using Android main device from a long time, Z10 was more like experimental in last 12 months. Good build quality device, but is getting old and slow. Screen size is small for the size of the device, battery life is average at best, OS is often lagging, apps open slowly, has 3rd party hardware compatibility issues, ecosystem is dead (BlackBerry World is mostly abandonware), offers limited Android apps compatibility and runs Android apps slowly through software emulation, has issues with Android notifications, etc. Too many workarounds and hacks to make things going around BlackBerry. The new OS 10.3 is a big disappointment for me, BB10 "copycat edition" with elements of Android and iOS, still no customizations whatsoever, UI is dull and ugly to me. The only new BlackBerry device is the Passport (not the right device for me), everything else is 2012-level hardware. There is nothing to upgrade to for full-touch BlackBerry users, even if they want to stay with BlackBerry.
    I would say you are right if that really happened on a Z30 device. I don't really liked the Z10 as it is not that powerful. I think you may want to try Z30 for couple of weeks

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:21 AM
    As much as I've loved the blackberry of yore the Z 10 was an experiment gone wrong. A two year old Samsung offers more of everything than a brand new Z10. And now side loaded apps won't work 100% because BlackBerry won't accept Google Play Services. Mapping now sucks even more than before.

BlackBerry is not a modern device, period.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:38 PM
    I'm returning mine, because I bought the wrong model. lol
    06-11-15 02:36 PM
    As much as I've loved the blackberry of yore the Z 10 was an experiment gone wrong. A two year old Samsung offers more of everything than a brand new Z10. And now side loaded apps won't work 100% because BlackBerry won't accept Google Play Services. Mapping now sucks even more than before.

BlackBerry is not a modern device, period.

Posted via CB10
    I have to ask. Exactly how long have you had your Z10?

Also I'd hope a two year old Samsung could do what an almost 3 year old BlackBerry can as well. There are some fixes for some issues. Maybe if we knew what exact things you need we could help?

For maps I use BeMaps Pro. It's Google maps. A little sluggish but much better than the basic maps app and surprisingly accurate.
    For better camera operation I use Camera++. Has lots of settings and works very well even in low light.

Before you complain(I know I personally used to ***** like a mother...) about needing apps to do basic things fact is on all platforms now you need apps to make the phones work and these particular apps have worked wonders.

On android I needed email apps and keyboard apps hell flashlight apps cause at the time there wasn't a built in flashlight app(now there is).

Also it's not BlackBerry not accepting Google Services it's Google not allowing them to use it.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 03:09 PM
    I have the Z10 and it is way past the 14 day mark. So I went on ATT to see what they would offer for trade-in. Answer: $5.00.

I like the Z10's look and size and menu display. The problem is navigation. I cannot figure out how to 'Go Back' one step, or close the camera, or pull up a menu, or actually anything really!

My typical Z10 session goes something like this: turn on phone, note beautiful start screen menu. Then I press an icon (so far so good) and do the thing (camera, calendar, compass, etc.). Great, Still excited about my Z10.

Then I finish a chapter in my G.A.N. and cannot figure out how to get out of the function or app. I'm stuck.

So now I start swiping - up, down, across, up and over, nothing. sometimes by accident I get to the hub, or a back arrow, but mostly I hit the power button and restart the device.

So, frustrated and disappointed that I used my one-every-two-years upgrade on a phone with no buttons, I pick up my Torch and go on with my life and count the days to my next "upgrade."

I guess if I had to put it in the form of a question it would be: how do you work the Z10 and does anyone want a very new BB Z10 for $55?
    Last edited by KastleBravo; 10-28-16 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling, errant "S."
    10-28-16 08:44 AM
    In order to exit from any app on the Z10, just swipe up from the bottom BlackBerry logo, and there, you have just exited to the Home Screen. Hope this helped you.
    10-31-16 10:38 AM
    Without really intending any offense, it sounds like you skipped the simple built-in navigational tutorial the phone has when first started up fresh out of the box.

Richard
    11-09-16 10:21 AM
    Yes, thank you, it was actually a big help. Basically starting the swipe up from bellow the screen-as you say, at the Blackberry logo-was the key. I feel much better about my Z10 now and am in the process of switching over to it full time.
    RichardHBB likes this.
    11-11-16 09:33 PM
247 ... 8910