As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I returned my Z10 after spending 4 very intense days trying to get everything to work.
    (Note, I am not a computer novice, so took this defeat quite pesonal.)
    Issues I encountered:
    1) Could not connect reliably to our 802.11N wireless at the office even though multiple other computers had absolutely no issues - including my BB PB, (Other devices connected - 4 laptops running Win 7, 2 iPhones, several Droids, my 9930, and various visitors to whom we had given our WPA2 password.). I could immediately and reliably connect to my 802.11N network and WAP at home as well as several public wireless networks - such as Starbucks.)
    2) Connected to my PB via the new Bridge utility and found that it had been severely limited usefulness compared to bridging with my 9930. Not impressed at all.
    3) Software "LINK" was a disaster to install. I attempted to install it with my laptop more times than I care to remember. Uninstalled, cleared the cache, etc. etc. etc. It would nearly complete the installation and then pop up a "rolling back" message. I sent several posts to both the Crackberry forum as well as to the Blackberry site. At least I got a lot of feedback from Crackberry but only a single feeble response from BB themselves. That was a bit revealing to me that BB wasn't willing to help dig into the issue and get me through it.
    Since I use my phone as part of my business, I am married to it. I was preparing to be out of the office for a couple of weeks and could not afford to still be dinking with my cell phone when I really needed to focus on work.
    You can see from some earlier posts that I spent some time with the Verizon wireless techs, who did an outstanding effort but still could not resolve the issues. I finally got their recommendations for business class phones and ended up with a Droid RAZR MAX HD.
    That phone took me a couple of hours to get set up and running mostly how I wanted.
    I then was out of the office working remotely away from my computers during the day and used the Droid to e-mail, web search, GPS navigate, etc. etc. etc. The Droid did the business that the Z10 couldn't.
    I've had several Blackberries over the years (Curve, Storm 1, Tour and lastly the Bold 9930) so was REALLY REALLY looking forward to the Z10.
    I was the first one at my Verizon store the Thursday morning it became available (and later was told that I was the ONLY one that got a Z10 that day).
    My account manager told me that if anyone would provide them valid feedback,it would be me!
    When I called on the following Tuesday to admit defeat, he was surprised but really helped me decide on a replacement.
    I would have gone back to my Bold if it had 4G LTE connectivity, but ..... so the choice became either an iPhone 5 or the Droid.
    Battery life determined the Droid.
    If the Z10 and BB software can get past these issues, I'd love to try the BB experience in the future, but I won't spend days trying to get it functional.
    I am still a fan, but quite disappointed at this time.
    When I
    04-20-13 01:35 PM
    Haha, sorry to hear that. Have fun with your "Android"!! Too bad you didn't give the z10 a REAL trial of 2-4 weeks. You'll be back.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 02:00 PM
    Good luck with your new phone
    04-20-13 02:01 PM
    Weird

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:02 PM
    Good luck with the Android. I purchased the Z10 as a secondary phone and now it has become my primary device over my GS3 (android) which i only use for phone calls
    04-20-13 02:10 PM
    Good luck with the Android. I purchased the Z10 as a secondary phone and now it has become my primary device over my GS3 (android) which i only use for phone calls
    but the gs3 has worse call quality..
    04-20-13 02:12 PM
    Yawn...

Haha sorry, couldn't resist the urge
    04-20-13 02:15 PM
    Sorry to hear of your woes OP but you gotta go with what works for you and in this case, the z10 didnt. Hopefully once the platform matures, you will be back.
    04-20-13 02:16 PM
    I had a problem with my 802.11n access point as well, but it went away when as soon as I configured the Z10 connection to use only 5ghz.

Returned Z10 - went Droid but miss my BB-img_00000131.png

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    Just Me likes this.
    04-20-13 02:16 PM
    Haha, sorry to hear that. Have fun with your "Android"!! Too bad you didn't give the z10 a REAL trial of 2-4 weeks. You'll be back.

Why in God's name would be need 2-4 weeks to trial it? If it didn't work for him he needed something that would. You keep being a credit to the forum though, Lord knows we don't have enough fanboys in here.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-20-13 02:26 PM
    Good luck with your new phone, remember you can always come back
    04-20-13 02:31 PM
    Droid Maxx is a good phone Tim, just had to say something because it's a crackberry post. In comparison they both offer a lot of phone and you need what works for you. I know a lot of these issues are being taken care of from BB. I expect the next couple software updates to be significant. Maybe we'll see you again soon.

04-20-13 02:32 PM
    Why in God's name would be need 2-4 weeks to trial it? If it didn't work for him he needed something that would. You keep being a credit to the forum though, Lord knows we don't have enough fanboys in here.
    And Lord knows we have so many haters in here, you and beginner09 are 2 that come to mind.
    Anyhow nothing to see here, hes using an Android, which i hope is working out for him.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-20-13 02:41 PM
    My best, conservative guess is that I "invested" 20+ hours giving the Z10 a trial.
    I bill my time out at nearly $100/ hour to my customers, so how much of a trial investment should be required for a phone and software that had supposedly been tested?
    At least, the support folks at BB should have provided some better support.
    How is it excusable that my office software and hardware - that works with multiple other hardware and sofware - shouldn't work with BB and that BB not assist me in resolving the issues. If it was only a single issue, maybe I could wait / trial run longer, but not with multiple issues that drastically my ability to perform my normal day's duties.
    04-20-13 02:47 PM
    Sorry to hear that. However my z10 works better than any of my droids and I phones. Blue tooth and wife works perfectly. So idk brother maybe a faulty unit?

As far as droids vs iPhones go I would have gotten the iPhone. Just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    hakimmmmm and eestephan like this.
    04-20-13 02:52 PM
    God's name? What does that have to with anything? I'm sorry that 2 weeks is too much for you, maybe you can do your trials faster, but it takes time to over rule features that are missing for me. Thanks for your reply....it also offers nothing to this post.

04-20-13 03:03 PM
    Read the whole post.. did I miss where you typed that you asked for a replacement phone (in case yours was just defective) before switching devices completely ?

I'm not being snoody or sarcastic either just curious on how they dropped the ball offering you one as well

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:12 PM
    I've never seen a "I'm returning my BlackBerry thread" redux before. This is a first! All I am seeing is you rehashing your first thread without telling us why you miss your BlackBerry as your misleading thread title made us believe.

If the droid works for you then that's great. If your still trying to convince yourself that you made the right decision, this isn't the place. Reiterating the Z10's "faults" to a forum of people who use it isn't going to make you feel any better about your choice. My Z10 does "e-mail, web search, GPS navigate" incredibly well but maybe it wasn't up to your standards. That's fine. The droid is apparently doing it better for you and that is ok. Let it go.
    brout and SK122387 like this.
    04-20-13 03:13 PM

2-4 weeks? Seriously?
    04-20-13 03:17 PM
    Seems like the real issue is that Verizon won't release an updated version of the OS. Majority of complaints and issues still seem to be with people on Verizon. My T-Mobile Z10 has been flawless so far.
    04-20-13 03:23 PM
    My feelings about Android and BlackBerry is this :
    BlackBerry makes a cohesive hardware and OS product. The OS they make, even a first time OS like the BB 10 feels far more together than the haphazard product that Android is. Android is something I wouldn't want to touch. No logical design or flow. Everything is everywhere. But that is time be expected when it's open source. Every one and his monkey codes for Android and what you get is an OS designed by monkeys. No logical flow, no intuitive operational systems. It's just a mess.
    In contrast iOS and BBOS7 and BB 10 feels like such logical systems. I'm not a huge apple fan, but everytime I use an iPhone, I appreciate the way the OS is put together. I touch an iPhone once in six months to troubleshoot a releative's or friend's problem and each time I instinctively know what needs to be done and where to do it.
    Androids however are a simple mess..... And that doesn't mean I don't know my way around Androids. I will root them and modify them with the best of you, but they are a mess. Nothing is where you would intuitively think it should be. Everything is a difficult task. The entire platform feels like it has been together by some hackers. The Play Store is so amateurish that I wouldn't even dream of putting my credit card details there.
    Basically Google is the pimp and Android is the prostitute which is rented out to every manufacturer to do as they please.
    I would take blackberry anyday. If blackberry were to die (perish the thought), I would switch to iOS. At least these Platforms have a lineage. Android is just a child whose father is not known.
    Spawn12 and mujahid 10 like this.
    04-20-13 03:29 PM
    As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I returned my Z10 after spending 4 very intense days trying to get everything to work.
    (Note, I am not a computer novice, so took this defeat quite pesonal.)
    Issues I encountered:
    1) Could not connect reliably to our 802.11N wireless at the office even though multiple other computers had absolutely no issues - including my BB PB, (Other devices connected - 4 laptops running Win 7, 2 iPhones, several Droids, my 9930, and various visitors to whom we had given our WPA2 password.). I could immediately and reliably connect to my 802.11N network and WAP at home as well as several public wireless networks - such as Starbucks.)
    Feel your pain. The wi-fi connectivity issue is strange, I can imagine how frustrating it must have been. I hope it's not a "feature" of the phone in general, and that your experience is exceptional, as you expressed you were having no problems at other wi-fi spots. Curious?!

I'm tending to Droid because I'm poor/cheap. Archos just came out with $220 phones running Jellybean! That type of product appeals to me. I like buying my phones outright. I'm looking forward to what blackberry is going to do with their phone centric computing solutions, but I don't want to be on their schedule. Right now an Android system, with a dual boot to linux, so that I can place my phone on a dock and use my computer peripherals, so that my phone is my desktop, is here and the work being done to make it more and more seamless is relatively transparent. Of course there are OS level things that I have to wait on Google to do, but for the most part I can make it work the way I want it to work.

The guy who developed the battery monitoring software, when asked about additional capabilities his response was that the BB10 APIs don't allow that. I don't like that answer. I know the nastiness that comes from how open Android is, but I would rather live in that world, than a Microsoft world. And I realize that when BBRY was on top their control of their software was very similar to how MSFT operates. I never want to live in that world again. I like BBRY because of how simple, seamles and secure it used to be, and I like rooting for an underdog. I'm happy that they've come up with BB10 and I hope they continue to put pressure on Andoird/iOS/MSFT, but personally I find myself leaning more and more towards Droid.
    04-20-13 03:31 PM
    OP,
    I would check the internal wireless lan before putting the blame on the Z10. I has issues with wifi like you describe. I thought I would have to live with it because I would use a half assed blackberry over a full assed Android.
    But then I noticed one other device having troubles with my network. What I learnt was that my DSL modem and my router were both setup as DHCP servers which was creating an unstable network. I shut off the DHCP server on my router and only kept the modem server alive.. Every device in my network sorted itself out.....sometimes it pays to check your network. In my experience if your networks is setup correctly, a BB would have no problems whatsoever.
    04-20-13 03:40 PM
    Feel your pain. The wi-fi connectivity issue is strange, I can imagine how frustrating it must have been. I hope it's not a "feature" of the phone in general, and that your experience is exceptional, as you expressed you were having no problems at other wi-fi spots. Curious?!

I'm tending to Droid because I'm poor/cheap. Archos just came out with $220 phones running Jellybean! That type of product appeals to me. I like buying my phones outright. I'm looking forward to what blackberry is going to do with their phone centric computing solutions, but I don't want to be on their schedule. Right now an Android system, with a dual boot to linux, so that I can place my phone on a dock and use my computer peripherals, so that my phone is my desktop, is here and the work being done to make it more and more seamless is relatively transparent. Of course there are OS level things that I have to wait on Google to do, but for the most part I can make it work the way I want it to work.

The guy who developed the battery monitoring software, when asked about additional capabilities his response was that the BB10 APIs don't allow that. I don't like that answer. I know the nastiness that comes from how open Android is, but I would rather live in that world, than a Microsoft world. And I realize that when BBRY was on top their control of their software was very similar to how MSFT operates. I never want to live in that world again. I like BBRY because of how simple, seamles and secure it used to be, and I like rooting for an underdog. I'm happy that they've come up with BB10 and I hope they continue to put pressure on Andoird/iOS/MSFT, but personally I find myself leaning more and more towards Droid.
    Interesting perspective.

I like customizing to a T, and having an externally functional device, which is why I tend to lean towards Android.
    04-20-13 03:40 PM
    . . . Blue tooth and wife works perfectly. . .

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear the wife is working out for you
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    04-20-13 03:57 PM
47 12