03-24-13 05:01 PM
64 123
tools
    After 2 days of use; I would have to admit that I missed my iP5. I do admit that the Z10 has a lot of potential but the battery life is mediocre; and the apps aren't just there. I'm a huge fan of Spotify; & Netflix. Perhaps I would've kepted if the offered those 2...I would probably give it another chance by the end of the year. As of now I'm back to my iP5
    03-24-13 10:32 AM
    Battery life is much improved with the latest software update and a few tweaks. as far as the Netflix and spotify they are not available on BB10 at this time. If you need them then best to go back to iPhone at this time. Hopefully your needed apps come and you may come back to BB10.
    03-24-13 10:42 AM
    The battery life is actually quite good for most of us, though a few have had problems.

Sorry to see you go back to iPhone, but I feel like you made a silly purchase in the first place. If you bought the Z10 for apps you were either very confused or extremely misinformed. 5 seconds on the device in the store and you could clearly have seen that apps are few and far between with maybe 30% of the most used apps covered (that might be pushing it).

As the BB user base grows so will the apps. It will take time, and no one who is all about apps should be an early BB10 adopter, it is just the way it is.
    03-24-13 10:42 AM
    As I'm sure you know apps are going to be a problem with any new platform. Hopefully next time you look back at Blackberry those apps will be there for you.
    03-24-13 10:44 AM
    Just sign up for the news feeds on CrackBerry as they'll flag all the important apps as they get released and they you can decide if and when the stuff you are missing has been added if you want to come back.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    03-24-13 10:46 AM
    The battery life is actually quite good for most of us, though a few have had problems.

Sorry to see you go back to iPhone, but I feel like you made a silly purchase in the first place. If you bought the Z10 for apps you were either very confused or extremely misinformed. 5 seconds on the device in the store and you could clearly have seen that apps are few and far between with maybe 30% of the most used apps covered (that might be pushing it).

As the BB user base grows so will the apps. It will take time, and no one who is all about apps should be an early BB10 adopter, it is just the way it is.
    Unfortunately the AT&T store I went to didn't have 1 on display for me to play with; and sales rep had no knowledge of the phone. Don't get me wrong is a great phone. And the virtual keyboard rock.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    03-24-13 10:49 AM
    Yeah, 2 days was plenty of use to decide....

As far as apps go, it is a new platform. They will take a little time. For now, I think the apps available are fine. I only needed to sideload a few for now. Took me about 3 mins to do that.
    03-24-13 11:04 AM
    Personally I would have given the phone longer than 2 days to evaluate it fully, but if you miss certain apps so much that you really can't live/function without them then perhaps going back to your Iphone is the best for you at the moment. And surely you must have known that some of the top apps weren't ready for the Z10 yet? Personally I think you will miss out on it after a while when BB10 gets developed further & more apps come on board, but if you really miss those apps for now then see ya!

After 2 days of use; I would have to admit that I missed my iP5. I do admit that the Z10 has a lot of potential but the battery life is mediocre; and the apps aren't just there. I'm a huge fan of Spotify; & Netflix. Perhaps I would've kepted if the offered those 2...I would probably give it another chance by the end of the year. As of now I'm back to my iP5
    seacan2 likes this.
    03-24-13 11:05 AM
    Can't blame op, even though my ex was a *****, I still missed here after we broke up.
    Doesn't mean iPhone5 is better, op just missed iPhone 5 because it is human nature.

Posted via CB10
    coldsword, bb624, web99 and 1 others like this.
    03-24-13 11:08 AM
    Look, I'm as big of a BlackBerry (and CrackBerry) fan as they come, but give the OP a break, jeez! We don't always have to attack people just because they like their iPhone (not that all of you did).

So what if he wanted to go back to the iPhone!? He said he liked the phone. 2 days is actually enough to see that it didn't have what he REALLY wanted.

I hope you do come back soon to give it a second chance. I don't know if the Netflix thing will ever be ironed out, but there will be plenty more apps within two months or so!
    03-24-13 11:31 AM
    Side loaded Netflix works fine.

Posted via CB10
    TommyBB and seacan2 like this.
    03-24-13 11:34 AM
    *yawn*
    Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    Do you honestly have nothing better to do, than jump in to threads you have no interest in whatsoever? If you have nothing constructive to add, move along to threads that interest you, rather than make CrackBerry look like a bunch of childish elitists. Get a hobby.
    03-24-13 11:38 AM
    Do what you must; there are definitely tradeoffs, but at two days, you didn't really have enough time to absorb the whole experience. The apps will come, keep in mind, iPhone didn't have apps at all for quite a while.
    seacan2 likes this.
    03-24-13 11:40 AM
    Just sign up for the news feeds on CrackBerry as they'll flag all the important apps as they get released and they you can decide if and when the stuff you are missing has been added if you want to come back.
    How do you sign up for the new feeds?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:42 AM
    Plus 2

Side loaded Netflix works fine.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:43 AM
    That is very weird - we get much more juice out of Z10 than iP5 - with same SIM and same workload... and we are on BB10 v10.0.10.648 - more recent OS version also offers more battery savings....

Netflix - do you watch movies on your phone - or do you connect it to your TV to watch??

Using Plex myself on the Z10 - work like a charm...
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-24-13 11:44 AM
    have fun with your ip5 then, bye
    seacan2 likes this.
    03-24-13 11:45 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to sign up here and let us know you are returning your Z10 with your first post.

...... LOL

My z10 feeds it to my colleagues 5's for battery life. Netflix can be side loaded.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Shash5, TommyBB, seacan2 and 4 others like this.
    03-24-13 11:46 AM
    I was concerned about battery but mine improved significantly after a few days of use and full charging. Now it can easily last me through the day. I also bought a spare one too that we (wife and I) swap with when there has been heavy use (ie: NOVA).

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:48 AM
    People need to stop crying and do research before impulse buying, it's well known those apps are missing on the platform. Regardless, op is a dolt.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:50 AM
    Dunno why people don't use the whole 30 days to make up their mind about what is a pretty important purchase for a lot of us, but if the apps you want aren't available I can see why you'd feel like making a snap decision.

Re: the battery though, all I can say is mine was pretty bad for a few days before settling down to about the same as any other smartphone I use, and this seems to be common experience.
    Plazmic Flame, web99 and seacan2 like this.
    03-24-13 11:52 AM
    People need to stop crying and do research before impulse buying, it's well known those apps are missing on the platform. Regardless, op is a dolt.

Posted via CB10
    You see, even if you do research, you still get mixed responses. Some will say its ****, some will say they love it. In the end its up to the person using it to see if they like it. The one thing is they should NOT make threads like this. Its a waste of time reading peoples threads about them returning the device because they miss 1 app or miss their old device. Why buy another device if you like your old one? Its just they come here for attention.
    03-24-13 11:52 AM
    I'm not here to criticize anyone, but don't people know that BlackBerry Z10 don't have those apps just yet before they purchase the device. I am sure they must do some research on that before buy the device. I just don't understand. I upgraded my Iphone 4s to Z10 and only a few days with the device and hook with it like crack; I'm hook with HUB, Flow, Peek, Camera TimeShift, BBM video chat with share screen. I'm the slowest typing but with this keyboard, I am on top. With an Iphone 4s, I have to press home bottom all the time when i want to go from application to application, but with Z10, I don't have to do none of that.
    jessen62, godsgift123 and seacan2 like this.
    03-24-13 11:59 AM
    Forgive me, but I seriously doubt you purchased a z10...you could have easily side loaded those apps. As for the battery, it is no better or worse than the iphone 5 and will likely improve after the next update coming soon. If you wan't to provide proof that you did indeed purchase a z10 I'll be happy to apologize.
    03-24-13 12:01 PM
    Ok thanks. Anything else? I'm sorry if you think we don't want people expressing their opinions, but these minority threads are getting boring.

Mods please just make one sticky thread so these guys can post whatever they want. Good day

Posted via CB10
    TommyBB and pvpjohn like this.
    03-24-13 12:06 PM
64 123