Dear all,
    I just got back to blackberry after 1 year gap. I got a z10 yesterday and was just setting it up and everything. I was sooooo happy except when I made my first call. The other party cannot hear me at all, though they can hear me if I am using handsfree or even headphones. I thought it was a mic problem..but i recorded video and the sound is perfect. I tried searching for solution in forums but it has not been fruitful. I feel so sad, its just been a day. I want to stay here and dont want to go back to other phones. Please advice.
    04-03-14 08:20 AM
    Have you tried another call, perhaps it was the other persons phone not yours.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:29 AM
    Install BlackBerry Virtual Expert app from BB World. It will troubleshoot all functionality of your phone (hardware).

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:32 AM
    I tried it with different calls..but none can hear me.
    04-03-14 08:33 AM
    Could be a hardware issue. I had to replace mine. Take it back to where you purchased it and have them either trouble shoot or replace it.

* also try what TTQ suggested *
    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    04-03-14 08:34 AM
    I am very sure its not hardware problem..because the video is recording very well and sound is recording fine. Either it has to be a network problem from my provider or it has to be software glitch.
    04-03-14 08:34 AM
    OK this is strange.. I changed the network from 3g to 2g and the call works fine.. Please suggest now.
    04-03-14 08:38 AM
    Well, that sounds like a carrier issue afterall.

Perhaps something is screwy with your apn settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:49 AM
    As suggested, get the free Blackberry Virtual Expert and run its various tests. I think I've read reports where others have the video and even voice recorder sound work but not on phone calls. Again, test as suggested.
    04-03-14 09:59 AM
    This had happened to me the very first day I bought the phone!
    Had a DOA letter issued to me from Blackberry Expert Centre! Took a while for replacement though but got a brand new sealed Z10.
    04-03-14 02:33 PM
    As most suggested, check the phone's functionalities via BlackBerry Virtual Expert. Try to narrow first all possible explanations before making a conclusion.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    04-03-14 02:40 PM
    I did virtual assistant test and it passed all test except hdmi usb bluetooth test, which I skipped. The phone is working fine now. I can make calls. What I did was shutdown the phone.. pull out the battery and then changed the network mode to 2g and then made a call. After it worked I switched back to 3g and then made a call again which worked too. So I dont think its hardware issue must have been something to do with may carrier. Anyway I am so happy that my problem got solved and BlackBerry z10 is really awesome.

Posted via my awesoms z10
    pmccartney, Thalestr and FF22 like this.
    04-03-14 08:34 PM