I am attempting to restore the data from one BB Q10 to another BB Q10. The first BB Q10 device is having some problems with audio. The Blackberry ID I am using is the same for both of the devices however the password is different. When I created the backup of the original device which went well I used the password an example Zone123 (as the password). On the second device when I go to logon to the device the password has been changed for this example Mouse123. When i created the original backup of the device i used the original password now when restoring the backup i am using this new password. In both scenarios i am able to login to the device however have discovered my replacement BB device is not restoring correctly or not at all. Would the backup/restore feature be affected by a different password? Thanks Guys. New to BB's now i have to support them.
    01-16-14 12:24 AM
    Sorry guy's i realize i am in the wrong forum if someone could kindly give me an answer i be omw.
    01-16-14 12:30 AM
    I thought the info was BBID related. But you can change the password on the new device to match the old one.

You can also ask a Moderator to move the thread but I suspect the Q10 and Z10 would both react the same way with restoration.

Good luck
    01-16-14 01:08 AM
    I am attempting to restore the data from one BB Q10 to another BB Q10. The first BB Q10 device is having some problems with audio. The Blackberry ID I am using is the same for both of the devices however the password is different. When I created the backup of the original device which went well I used the password an example Zone123 (as the password). On the second device when I go to logon to the device the password has been changed for this example Mouse123. When i created the original backup of the device i used the original password now when restoring the backup i am using this new password. In both scenarios i am able to login to the device however have discovered my replacement BB device is not restoring correctly or not at all. Would the backup/restore feature be affected by a different password? Thanks Guys. New to BB's now i have to support them.
    Not quite sure i understand your problem, but when you say restore you're talking about using the same BBID or actually restoring with Link?
    01-16-14 02:31 AM
    Sorry for the confusion i got the issue resolved all is good. Will make sure i post in the correct forum next time.
    01-16-14 01:15 PM
    Sorry for the confusion i got the issue resolved all is good. Will make sure i post in the correct forum next time.
    No problem with forum, at least, I don't care.

But it might help someone else if you explain what you did to fix it, even it simple.
    01-16-14 02:31 PM