I am one of the unfortunate people that cannot restore application data after installing a leaked OS. If I restore application data, then all Android apps stop working.

Android apps stop working after restoring application data regardless of whether:
    - I reboot the phone
    - I install sideloaded apps

If I do not restore application data, Android apps, including sideloaded apps, work fine.

This is a complete pain in the *ss since it takes quite a bit of time to get everything back to original settings without restoring application data. This basically means that I can't install leaked OSes.

I would like to see if there is a pattern with those of us with the same issue. Here is my info:

Carrier: Telus (STL100-3)
    "Unusual" BB10 apps installed: Neutron MP, QR Code Scanner Pro
    "Unusual" Android apps from App World: 2X RDP Remote Desktop, Remote for iTunes, Ghost Commander
    Sideloaded apps: Google Maps, Nest, Telus Optik Remote Record, Words with Friends

I am slightly suspicious that Ghost Commander may have something to do with the issue since it is capable of some low-level Android changes, but haven't tested this theory.

Perhaps others with the same issue could post similar lists to see if there may be a pattern.
    05-16-13 06:44 PM
    I hate to say this, but I have the same problem.. ghost commander is both the only app we have in common, and my backups where ghost commander was not installed, work just fine.

You are getting the system.apps force close right? I wiped and reinstalled apps.. still would like to restore my old backup, as there is apps that have changed in price or been removed from app world that I no longer have.
    warrenmr likes this.
    05-16-13 06:51 PM
    it is said somewhere that you should always do a fresh install because you could carry over some problems you could of had before in restoring
    05-16-13 07:08 PM
    it is said somewhere that you should always do a fresh install because you could carry over some problems you could of had before in restoring
    But like I just said, apps exist that are no longer available (downloads manager or bit torque) or that changed in price(nova or gnewsreader), or even bookmarks that need to be restored. It isn't always an option to start fresh...
    We SHOULD be able to do selective restores..
    05-16-13 07:50 PM
    I hate to say this, but I have the same problem.. ghost commander is both the only app we have in common, and my backups where ghost commander was not installed, work just fine.

You are getting the system.apps force close right? I wiped and reinstalled apps.. still would like to restore my old backup, as there is apps that have changed in price or been removed from app world that I no longer have.
    Yes, I am getting the system.apps force close issue. So you are saying that if Ghost Commander is not part of the app backup (which means it has to be deleted prior to backup since we cannot do selective backup), that your Android apps work fine after application data restore?

Interesting, annoying and useful. When I get daring, I will give this a try. Although if it fails, I will be back to manually reconfiguring everything!

Thanks naa.uhh
    05-17-13 06:26 AM
    I have confirmed that, at least for me, deleting Ghost Commander prior to a BlackBerry Link full backup allows a complete restoration of Application Data without resulting in Android programs crashing with the system.apps force close issue.

Thanks again naa.uhh for helping with this. It has saved me hours of reconfiguration. Now successfully on 10.1.0.2342!
    05-27-13 11:47 AM
    don't restore the data...

it really screws up the Android player.
    05-27-13 11:48 AM
    don't restore the data...

it really screws up the Android player.
    Didn't for me. I upgraded to 2342, then sideloaded all my Android apps, then did a full restore and everything is working correctly for me on my STL100-3 with all setting restored even for the sideloaded apps.
    05-27-13 11:54 AM
    Didn't for me. I upgraded to 2342, then sideloaded all my Android apps, then did a full restore and everything is working correctly for me on my STL100-3 with all setting restored even for the sideloaded apps.
    you are a lucky one.
    05-27-13 11:54 AM
    you are a lucky one.
    Perhaps. I hope so.

I take it you do not have Ghost Commander installed but still had problems with restore? Deleting Ghost Commander appears to have eliminated the restore problem with Android apps for me.
    05-27-13 12:01 PM