Hi everyone!

I have been a dedicated Crackberry member for a very long time, reading all the forums very religiously, and all posts on the daily. It saddens me to start my first thread with this topic, but sadly it has to come to that point.

I have been a Blackberry user for 11 years. My loyalty is die-hard. My first Blackberry back in the high school was the old 8700. I have switched over nine (all BB) devices since then going from the Pearl, to the 8300, to two different 8520, to the 8900s to the 9700 to the 9780 to the 9900. I am now a university graduate working for a large corporation with what I thought was the best device BB had put out in years. I got my current Z10 the day it came out and has become part of my hourly life since.

I remember very vividly the reboot loops the legacy devices would put me through, all the boot up errors, all the tough times. And although all that, I still stuck it out. I cannot remember the countless hours I have spent into rebooting BBOS into all those phones. I thought I would have heard the end of it with the new BB10 OS, but boy am I wrong.

My current state leaves me in shock. I'll explain my problem. I have been stuck without a working phone for over 7 hours now. My phone died after the battery went low. I did not install any new operating system, or any new updates to any software. I have not dropped it at all today, nor have I done any battery pulls earlier today midway through a frozen app. I know the drill inside and out.

I am having an issue. I swapped batteries (I have two) to a fully charged battery. The phone started and got stuck on 100% for a few hours. I decided to do a harmless restart. Ever since my battery died, my phone has not turned on. I have tried everything. I have swapped my batteries, waited for that and my phone to cool down, charged them all the way, done the full shut down with the volume buttons, and done the restart with the top button. Nothing seems to work. My phone is now stuck on 100% again and will not load up. It seems to alternate between loading slowly and taking forever for the last 5%, or loading fast to 100% and then restarting.

I do not care about anything on my phone other than what was in my Remember app. I have not done a back up in a long time of that specific thing, and I do not have Evernote to back those up to a cloud. Everything else is backed up to a cloud. I do have Blackberry Protect enabled, but I'm not quite sure that it backs up any more.

I have a few questions for all the experienced people on here:
    1. I'm well aware of the reloading software option, but I am afraid it will wipe my phone. Will this wipe all information? If I do an upgrade to a leaked OS, will this wipe everything?
    2. Is there any way to recover what's left inside the Remember app without having to rewipe? I am an experienced coder, with not so much experience in OS coding.

I am willing to wait until tomorrow morning for the phone to start without touching it, but I don't have much hope for that. I have a Blackberry Z10 STL100-3, with the latest official OS 10.2 update from Rogers. (nothing leaked).

It saddens me to say that if this leaves me heartbroken for the countless time, I will be forced to leave Blackberry. It sucks how a once-powerful make-Canadians-proud company has always had this problems that they could not resolve. After 11 years of trying, and understanding, it's time to switch to something more reliable.

Thanks for your time everyone. Let the ideas pour in.
    01-27-14 11:03 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Have you tried plugging your phone to BlackBerry Link and see if it detects it? And do a reset that way?

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-27-14 11:13 PM
    Mine stalled at 98% and then 99% for a few hours. When I plugged in the usb cable, I was able to see the files in both Internal memory and on my sd card. I don't know what was happening but the Blue Logo seemed to be blocking what was really happening. I even had a few notifications of email arriving.

Plug it in an allow it to charge, maybe overnight.

But I have a feeling you may have lost your Remember data and will have to try reloading the OS eventually.

Let us know and good luck.
    01-27-14 11:53 PM
    Using an auto loader to load a leak will wipe your phone. restoring trough bblink will also.
    but sideloading the bars won't: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bars-896769/

Only problem is that i don't think you'd be able to load these bars with your phone not turning on.

Anyway, best of luck!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-28-14 02:05 AM
    Using an auto loader to load a leak will wipe your phone. restoring trough bblink will also.
    but sideloading the bars won't: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bars-896769/

Only problem is that i don't think you'd be able to load these bars with your phone not turning on.

Anyway, best of luck!
    This solution seems to be working right now.
    01-28-14 11:17 AM
    Just out of curiosity did you use BB Link or an autoloader.
    01-31-14 02:21 PM