I deleted despicable me, minion game and rebooted. All seems to be resolved, its 30 min, all ok.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with apps...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-03-13 08:49 PM
    Remarkably this fixed my problem yesterday, yet I had the same problems all over again today. Heck this is my second or third reboot today. I'd love a bit more of an in depth correction to the problem
    12-03-13 08:56 PM
    Well if the problem has been fixed, we need some press release to confirm the problem :/
    They can use the letter they recently sent out as a starting point....

BlackBerry CEO John Chen sends open letter to enterprise customers | CrackBerry.com

"An Open Letter to Customers

To our valued enterprise customers and partners.
    You�re hearing a lot of noise in the market about BlackBerry handsets losing their sensor functionality and orientation adjustment.
    Competitors are undoubtedly inviting you to webinars and enticing you to switch off your Location Services...."

12-03-13 08:58 PM
    It's sketchy at best; BB10 is no more secure than Android or iOS unless it's on BES10.

I for one want to know:
    A) what happened
    B) why it happened
    C) what did BlackBerry do to resolve it
    D) why several reboots before Clewley said reboot didn't work but his did
    I want to know the answers to those questions as well.

But I would say that BB10 is more secure than android because everything it runs is digitally signed and data is encrypted. BES10 adds encryption to communication off of the device, such as BBM. AFAIK Android does not have a similar lockdown with signatures and code execution.
    12-03-13 09:07 PM
    I have to do a battery pull to get my Q10 keyboard back up and lit. Restarting just didn't do the trick for me. Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:30 PM
    I have to do a battery pull to get my Q10 keyboard back up and lit. Restarting just didn't do the trick for me. Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    You are still having problems ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 09:32 PM
    Why do I have a feeling this is related to BBM users using the latest version of BBM with Channels?

...And has anyone noticed that you can't type landscape when BBM'ing in the actual BBM app? But possible to type landscape from the Hub? You'd think you could type landscape with all native messaging services.

Can any of this be related?

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-03-13 09:39 PM
    Hmmm...been trying to follow while at work but got lost. Has there been a real fix? I've been good for hrs now but only after disabling location services and a hard reset. Not a true fix imo. Running official OS with no apps downloaded in past week.
    12-03-13 09:45 PM
    Of Course they have the ability to remotely activate or update code, how else are they supposed to get all of our phones to transform at once into these little guys, to protect us of course, GRIN.[RESOLVED] Rotation lock and screen shut off not working-blackberry-terminator.jpg
    12-03-13 09:55 PM
    I say this was a dry run...it's interesting that they have the capability to do this sort of thing remotely.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:10 PM
    Of course they do..its called "Push".

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    12-03-13 10:39 PM
    Why do I have a feeling this is related to BBM users using the latest version of BBM with Channels?

...And has anyone noticed that you can't type landscape when BBM'ing in the actual BBM app? But possible to type landscape from the Hub? You'd think you could type landscape with all native messaging services.

Can any of this be related?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's Channels as I've had the beta since it was first released on my Z10 (now the one with 10.2.1.1055) and it was as stable as a rock. Nothing changed when I got Channels on my other Z10 and my Q10 (both stock Rogers 10.2.0.429).
    12-03-13 10:47 PM
    It's simple. They were using location service to track free downloads on their app world special and the code was bad. They fixed it and it's over. But, you, I and our mothers deleted apps and movies and I can't get mine back now without paying...some pour users ever wiped their devices....ouch!

Posted via CB10
    blackswagg likes this.
    12-03-13 11:54 PM
    Ya .. a press release or some form of official cause of the sensor malfunctions would be nice... I read somewhere about NSA stuff ... gotta love it ... NSA spying on people... hahaha
    12-04-13 12:15 AM
    It's simple. They were using location service to track free downloads on their app world special and the code was bad. They fixed it and it's over. But, you, I and our mothers deleted apps and movies and I can't get mine back now without paying...some pour users ever wiped their devices....ouch!

Posted via CB10
    As long as they were uninstalled, and not deleted, you should still be able to reinstall them for free.
    Superfly_FR and Anilu7 like this.
    12-04-13 12:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I unistalled then deleted Angry Birds Seasons and just reinstalled it. Home Alone 2 is likewise still free for me.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-04-13 12:36 AM
    Q&As (my take)

- Are BB10 devices connected permanently to "BB servers" ?
    Of course, if you enable location/diagnostic services.
    - Did they update our devices/OS ?
    I don't think so. But they can set our devices to execute a procedure on connect, like a force refresh of time zones, for instance.
    - What was the bug ?
    My take is that some location collected information your device was messed up.
    This can be very tricky to find, as it can be a chained event as in
    GPS location? < Current time ? < Time Zone ? < Country ?
    The more I think of it, the more I believe it's time related (not a time bomb, btw).

All of this (except perma connex.) is 100% speculative, of course.
    12-04-13 02:11 AM
    Ha! Really...I'm looking forward to this one..."oh, um, actually, you are constantly connected to BlackBerry servers...we, um, forgot to mention it...oops".
    Your device is constantly connected to BB servers. That's needed for push services. Nothing strange about that. Still, I for one would be interested to know the details.
    12-04-13 02:35 AM
    Although I wasn't affected I am curious what the cause was as I am aware the phone is connected to BlackBerry at all times but wasn't aware they had control of the sensors.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:16 AM
    Removing the battery and restarting has resolved the problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:22 AM
    After the message to "restart the phone" this morning (not last night), the sensors are working. I have my backlight back on my Q10 BUT now the phone will restart almost after receiving and hanging up the call...the phone will restart by itself. Now that's the problem I have now.

Will there be a fix for this (overnight again?). Hopefull after one of these auto restarts it will stop and be back to normal???

Q10
    12-04-13 04:43 AM
    After the message to "restart the phone" this morning (not last night), the sensors are working. I have my backlight back on my Q10 BUT now the phone will restart almost after receiving and hanging up the call...the phone will restart by itself. Now that's the problem I have now.

Will there be a fix for this (overnight again?). Hopefull after one of these auto restarts it will stop and be back to normal???

Q10
    Tried a battery pull ?

edit : uhhh ... you had the problem with a Q10 ?
    12-04-13 05:48 AM
    I noticed that the screen auto dimming stops working and reverts to the screen stuck at full brightness when the battery reaches around 40%. And stays this way until it's dead or charges up past 40% again. So weird and annoying

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    My kb isn't fixed, the backlight won't turn off now - even with the screen off (yes, I did a battery pull).
    12-04-13 08:08 AM
    OK so apparently it was a server that was providing calibration information to the phones that was causing the problem

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-13 09:12 AM
446 ... 1415161718