Same here! It seems to be acting the same as it did when the problem occurred a couple weeks ago!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:23 PM
    Ah... didn't have the problem the first time now I got it. Maybe it has something to do with the full moon lol

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:07 PM
    Back again on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:34 PM
    Problem is back again. 2 global problems in 2 weeks....is this the death knell for blackberry? Can't even trust them to keep current devices working.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:44 PM
    Problem is back again. 2 global problems in 2 weeks....is this the death knell for blackberry? Can't even trust them to keep current devices working.

Posted via CB10
    They resolved it quickly the first time, and from what I understand, the phone is still functional.
    12-18-13 02:54 PM
    They should just disable that server til they figure out and solve it once for good. My understanding is that it isn't required for the phones to work

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 03:00 PM
    Back again in Italy too

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:09 AM
    Had the issue last night. I just left it alone and rebooted before I plugged in for charging at bedtime. Been fine since.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:50 AM
    Seems like it was very short lived this time. For me it was only a matter of about an hour (that I was aware of) that it happened again.

All is fine now.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:30 AM
    I'm still having issues - trying a device wipe now. Anyone else still having issues with rotation sensor? None of the other sensors seem to be affected.
    12-20-13 11:01 AM
    I'm still having issues - trying a device wipe now. Anyone else still having issues with rotation sensor? None of the other sensors seem to be affected.
    Yeah try a wipe. You might have an issue unrelated to what is described on this thread

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:12 PM
    Tried a wipe a still no luck! Not sure how to move forward here

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 02:29 PM
    Tried a wipe a still no luck! Not sure how to move forward here

Posted via CB10
    Call carrier - blame it on rim but tell carrier you tried everything and it is rim's (BB) fault!
    12-20-13 04:24 PM
    Wow, this is a really strange feeling ... I had been noticing the browser wasn't rotating to landscape a couple of days ago but didn't think much of it. Then this afternoon, I saw it with a couple of other apps but what really had me concerned was now observing (for the 1st time) that the screen wasn't shutting off when the phone was placed on the BB pouch with magnet or when slipped into the pouch. I actually played around with this for a bit and got frustrated, thinking that the magnetic strength must have diminished in the leather slip pouch! This also made me think about something else of importance noticed the last couple of days, that when the phone was not being used for more time than the 5 minutes inactive setting I have, the phone wasn't auto locking and asking for my password when I used in 15-20 minutes later!

So here I am checking CB 'gossip & speculation' tonight, after the earnings report today and all, and was thinking about posting about my BB slip pouch not working with the screen on/off/lock, when I see this thread at the very bottom of page 1 of the Z10 forum. I open the first page and was again shocked to see the date of Dec 2nd on the first post reporting this problem! Then I see the resolution of simply rebooting the phone. Before I try this, I scroll through the first 5 or 6 pages of this thread with people asking lots of questions as to how it happened and how much unknown 'remote' control BB can have, etc . I'm actually wondering why I didn't notice this issue before now and then I'm actually relieved after jumping to the last few pages and see that people are reporting the problem as 'happening again' So before I restart my Z10, I check to see the last time that I rebooted ... Dec 3rd !! So I probably had it the first time as most others and probably only rebooted because I thought the browser or an app had locked up. Rebooting is always my 1st fix idea when an app appears to not be functioning as intended or freezes.

So the reboot has brought my phone sensors back to life, that I didn't know were 'dead', locked, or turned off. I'm relieved that the fix is easy, but when you think about how many people with BB10 phones that don't visit forums like this, those people won't ever know that something is wrong. If BlackBerry can send me weekly emails promoting BB World, they should be communicating these kinds of problems to customers, especially if it thought to be widespread and may affect many phones. I will now be paying a bit more attention to the way my Z10 is working and check the forums here before taking drastic measures such as a device wipe.
    But the events around this certainly seem strange and different, BlackBerry shouldn't be silent on this stuff.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-13 01:17 AM
    So the reboot has brought my phone sensors back to life, that I didn't know were 'dead', locked, or turned off. I'm relieved that the fix is easy, but when you think about how many people with BB10 phones that don't visit forums like this, those people won't ever know that something is wrong. If BlackBerry can send me weekly emails promoting BB World, they should be communicating these kinds of problems to customers, especially if it thought to be widespread and may affect many phones. I will now be paying a bit more attention to the way my Z10 is working and check the forums here before taking drastic measures such as a device wipe.
    But the events around this certainly seem strange and different, BlackBerry shouldn't be silent on this stuff.
    Total estimated affected consumers is <5,000. I'm a Hine the widespread panic and destructive publicity, were BlackBerry to have communicated to all its customers regarding this issue.

This forum always makes a pimple appear like a gaping wound.
    12-21-13 06:18 AM
    Total estimated affected consumers is <5,000. I'm a Hine the widespread panic and destructive publicity, were BlackBerry to have communicated to all its customers regarding this issue.

This forum always makes a pimple appear like a gaping wound.
    That few? So do you know what it was that affected that limited set of BB10 users? Just curious what limited it and what about the setup on those phones might have been the trigger.
    12-21-13 10:04 AM
    One silly server from my understanding. Nothing on the phone end to cause it.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-13 10:30 AM
    My phone is still stuck. Proximity sensors and landscape mode are dead. I have done everything prescribed on the CB forum. Nothing has worked.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:37 PM
    My phone is still stuck. Proximity sensors and landscape mode are dead. I have done everything prescribed on the CB forum. Nothing has worked.

Posted via CB10
    Don't recall this suggestion. Probably because it won't help, LoL. Shutdown, remove the battery, SD and SIM. Wait a few minutes, then only replace the battery and let it remain booted up for a couple minutes. Shutdown again, remove the battery, replace SD and SIM, wait a couple minutes, boot again.
    12-22-13 11:43 PM
    Never had an issue when everyone else had one although I've been on 10.2.1.xxxx so that may have something to do with it. Ironically I woke up to a phone that had lost its mind the day that they fixed it server side. My phone seemed to have liked the corrupt server data haha

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:53 AM
    I think the issue is related to heat, I was watching a film with my device in landscape mode in bed. Also on charge, all of a sudden it just flipped back to portrait. Then I noticed the brightness up full. Did a a bit of research then downloaded that bb sensors app which confirmed all was dead. Anyway, rebooted it, worked OK for a bit, soon as it warms up again, bam! Sensors stop. Keep it cool, or use it little and it keeps working OK.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    02-02-14 04:23 PM
446 ... 161718