Who says it was fixed server side?
    The guy who said "the issue is now fixed.........just restart your phone." No additional software updates or anything.

As far as I'm concerned even if there was something downloaded onto the phone it is completely unknown to the user and hence "server side".
    12-03-13 07:17 PM
    The guy who said "the issue is now fixed.........just restart your phone." No additional software updates or anything.

As far as I'm concerned even if there was something downloaded onto the phone it is completely unknown to the user and hence "server side".
    I would prefer to wait for official word on the resolution or problem from BlackBerry than just suddenly jump to conclusions about how it was resolved and what it was..

But then again I don't like to start rumours..
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-03-13 07:20 PM
    So they are able to modify system settings and installed code without an explicit installation? I wonder if it was maybe the Diagnostics data collection utility.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:21 PM
    Did anyone else notice that the location (gps) indicator was active when all of the sensors died?
    scorepion likes this.
    12-03-13 07:25 PM
    just to be sure for those jumping straight to last page ...

! Update and solution !

The issue is now fixed. just restart your phone.
    Allwyn John and FeitaInc like this.
    12-03-13 07:25 PM
    Curious... how does something that causes problems on several devices get fixed server side? I think I need to send some emails.
    Ohhhh this should be interesting. I wonder if we'll ever truly know...

Something calling home creating issues?

Hmmmm... conspiracy theorists... away!!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-03-13 07:26 PM
    Did anyone else notice that the location (gps) indicator was active when all of the sensors died?
    Mine was on and off, but I have weather apps running all the time and they periodically poll for location to show your current location's weather.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:26 PM
    Curious... how does something that causes problems on several devices get fixed server side? I think I need to send some emails.
    Computers. Love them, hate them. They do what they want on occasion. Or they do what they were programmed to do even if what they were programmed to do was inadvertant!

Odd that every sensor, be it orientation, light, proximity, whatever was affected by whatever affected it! (circular for a reason)
    12-03-13 07:45 PM
    Ah, so the gps was working - the NSA got a snapshot of where everyone with a BB was during the past 18-20 hours!
    12-03-13 07:49 PM
    Just restart your phone? Is this confirmed that the issue is fixed? Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:50 PM
    Ha! Really...I'm looking forward to this one..."oh, um, actually, you are constantly connected to BlackBerry servers...we, um, forgot to mention it...oops".

Bizarre and I'm not buying it. Anyway, I'm on 10.2.1.1055 which seems to be unaffected. A friend of mine at work who sits behind me has this problem. He is on 10.2.0.1803.
    12-03-13 07:52 PM
    Feels like we where caught up in a DDOS...... Not saying it was but it was very odd indeed......
    12-03-13 07:56 PM
    This is seriously sketchy. I rebooted my phone several times yesterday and it didn't fix it.

How in holy hell did a fix that Clewley made off-site affect the functionality of my sensors without a software update? Are the sensors in BBOS phoning home frequently and giving updates or asking if they should be working, etc? WTF? #whatsecurity
    12-03-13 07:58 PM
    So they are able to modify system settings and installed code without an explicit installation? I wonder if it was maybe the Diagnostics data collection utility.

Posted via CB10
    Curious if it was. Though mine's off and has been since May.
    12-03-13 07:58 PM
    This is seriously sketchy. I rebooted my phone several times yesterday and it didn't fix it.

How in holy hell did a fix that Clewley made off-site affect the functionality of my sensors without a software update? Are the sensors in BBOS phoning home frequently and giving updates or asking if they should be working, etc? WTF? #whatsecurity
    It's sketchy at best; BB10 is no more secure than Android or iOS unless it's on BES10.

I for one want to know:
    A) what happened
    B) why it happened
    C) what did BlackBerry do to resolve it
    D) why several reboots before Clewley said reboot didn't work but his did
    12-03-13 08:02 PM
    It's sketchy at best; BB10 is no more secure than Android or iOS unless it's on BES10.

I for one want to know:
    A) what happened
    B) why it happened
    C) what did BlackBerry do to resolve it
    D) why several reboots before Clewley said reboot didn't work but his did
    Were any devices which are on BES affected?

The whole thing does seem strange, the idea that the sensors on all these phones all around the world would all be affected by some issue on a BlackBerry server somewhere. I can't wait to hear the official explanation.
    12-03-13 08:06 PM
    Hmmm who knows what it was then. I could be a magnetic storm that passed, NSA that hacked into our phones and screwed out sensors up or someone with fat fingers that sent an instruction to disable sensors on some BlackBerry phones.

Or it could be that BlackBerry secretly introduced technology to resolve issues from distance without software update! Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:06 PM
    What the ****.... is all. lol don't know how it got resolved.... did they sneak a patch on the device ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:07 PM
    Duct tape...does wonders...
    [RESOLVED] Rotation lock and screen shut off not working-its_fixed_funny_duct_tape_hitch_cover.jpg

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    12-03-13 08:16 PM
    Were any devices which are on BES affected?

The whole thing does seem strange, the idea that the sensors on all these phones all around the world would all be affected by some issue on a BlackBerry server somewhere. I can't wait to hear the official explanation.
    The more I think about it, the more it feel like we got caught in a DDOS attack......
    It's just too convenient that people started having similar problems at the same time.
    12-03-13 08:17 PM
    Hmmm who knows what it was then. I could be a magnetic storm that passed, NSA that hacked into our phones and screwed out sensors up or someone with fat fingers that sent an instruction to disable sensors on some BlackBerry phones.

Or it could be that BlackBerry secretly introduced technology to resolve issues from distance without software update! Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry have the tech to remotely affect your phone, they originally planned to remotely brick all the Dev Alpha devices.
    12-03-13 08:18 PM
    BlackBerry Protect!

Gotta be it!

12-03-13 08:31 PM
    BlackBerry have the tech to remotely affect your phone, they originally planned to remotely brick all the Dev Alpha devices.
    So,.. we should thank them for every new day we wake and beg for their mercy.

Hmm... I've heard that before, somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:31 PM
    Well if the problem has been fixed, we need some press release to confirm the problem :/

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:45 PM
    I deleted despicable me, minion game and rebooted. All seems to be resolved, its 30 min, all ok.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:47 PM
446 ... 1314151617 ...