Is everyone from the same carrier? Or is this worldwide? Someone should contact BlackBerry.

Only way we could trouble-shoot this would be if everyone states their carrier, model, OS version, and when they updated, and when it occurred.

What I'm thinking is that there's a bug that ended up disabling everyone a certain amount of time after the update. Since some people updated earlier than others that would be why others are experiencing it later than others.

I personally haven't had an issue with it, and my friend who is on the official Os hasn't either. He just got his z10 and updated it about a week ago (possible explanation for the "timer" and why everyone on crackberry is experiencing it now)

If a wipe doesn't fix it, installing the leak will. I can't imagine it has to do with any apps or movies. Has to be an OS issue unless BlackBerry has a way of shutting down parts of their devices from their server, in which case this could be on their end...

Really weird none-the-less...

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:02 PM
    Same issue over here after I downloaded "WordPress" which is an android port from the App World, neither rotation nor dimming is working properly.... I was wondering that is an OS issue and also was wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I put my Z10 in the security Xray machine of the airport since I work at the airport and I have to go through security very often.

I have even taken the battery out and when switching the cell phone back it gets fixed for a while, after some minutes it gets possessed O.O brighter and static in portrait mode.

I hope BlackBerry gets these echos and give some light to us the user as soon as possible.

Proudly Z10 owner...
    12-02-13 11:04 PM
    I'm also having all of these issues. I have the latest official OS, no side loaded apps and I'm with Rogers. The most recent thing I've done is downloaded the free Angry Birds from BlackBerry World yesterday. I did not d/l the free Home Alone today. It seems so weird to me that something like this could happen to so many of us all at the same time. I did the update awhile ago, as soon as it was available from Rogers so it's weird that problems show up now.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:07 PM
    Software release 10.2.0.429
    OS Version 10.2.0.1803
    Carrier: Telus (Toronto)
    Updated as soon as it was released.
    The issue started today.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:14 PM
    Exact same problem here. In Toronto on Rogers on 10.2.

Reassuring I guess to see so many others with the same issue, but what is the common thread and why today?

Creepy actually...

Fix yo sh* BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:19 PM
    Verizon running:
    Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1791 (installed via non-destructive Sachesi upgrade over a month ago). The only thing I installed today was the minion rush update in the morning ... but I didn't notice the symptoms until mid-afternoon.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:23 PM
    Well at least it seems that's not about the hardware which was my biggest fear. Looks like a very weird software issue...
    Z10
    OS 10.2.0.424
    STL100-1
    Carrier: Orange Dominicana

Calm down and let's hope some news!

Proudly Z10 owner...
    12-02-13 11:25 PM
    Same issues here. Bell Toronto 10.2.0.429. Started today after i downloaded the free movie. Wtf is going on?
    12-02-13 11:49 PM
    Same issue here too, also Bell in Toronto. Battery pull fixed temporarily, but problems now back.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:09 AM
    Also recall issues with gps a few days ago. Was using BlackBerry maps to get directions somewhere and location was not correct.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:14 AM
    The awesome gyro map on MAKE doesn't work either.
    12-03-13 12:26 AM
    My phone wouldn't open BBM this morning, wifi wouldn't go off.. twitter wouldn't load. Tried restarting the phone, and it would be stuck at the BlackBerry logo. Tried battery pull as well.
    Did the software reload through link and things seem to be ok as of now.. but it's not as smooth as yesterday for sure..

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:32 AM
    Fellow Z10 user reporting in with the same problem. Though I noticed it this morning when I woke up but dismissed it. No proximity, light, or orientation sensors are working now according to BBVE.

I'm running software version 10.2.0.429/OS version 10.2.0.1803, STL100-3 on Rogers in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:51 AM
    The same issue happening to me since yesterday.

BBM rocks, WhatsApp sucks!
    12-03-13 12:53 AM
    Same thing happening on my Z30. No sensors work anymore. I've narrowed it down to it happening when the Android Emulator boots up. Battery pull / Reset fixes it and as SOON as I open an android app and the runtime finishes starting up the sensors stop working. Also, the sensors will fail after about 10 minutes after a reset by itself because eventually the OS will start the Android runtime on its own. This is my own theory as to the cause anyway. Perhaps a possible fix is to reinstall the android runtime?

Posted via CB10

Edit - Just want to say that this started tonight after I was messing around with the voice search from the side loaded Google search APK when it crashed.
    12-03-13 02:23 AM
    Orientation, light and proximity sensors stopped working for me, too.

OS Version 10.2.0.1803
    Carrier: O2 Germany
    Model Number: STL100-2

Updated as soon as it was released, a few weeks ago.
    I started noticing the issue yesterday evening.

Recently installed: Angry Birds Seasons (haven't even started it yet though) and the update from BBM Channels Beta to the regular BBM release
    Last edited by hendrik_dev; 12-03-13 at 02:48 AM.
    12-03-13 02:36 AM
    Same problem here. Started at almost exactly 5pm today. On Rogers, running the official 10.2 OS. Some what relieved to see that it is a widespread issue, and hopeful a resolution can be found. Thanks for posting everyone!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:42 AM
    I'm having the same issue too. The screen don't auto dim.

Rebooting the device fixes it for a while and then the issue appears again!

I'm on 10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 03:04 AM
    All try changing the system date to tomorrow and see if the issues disappear. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post9647858

Please do a reboot and report back.
    12-03-13 03:23 AM
    Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have an effect, at least for me.
    Carrier: Wind mobile
    Model Number: STL100-3
    12-03-13 03:38 AM
    Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have an effect, at least for me.
    Carrier: Wind mobile
    Model Number: STL100-3
    After you made sure the date setting is on manual, and you have set the date to tomorrow's date, can you please do a hard reset by holding the volume up and volume down rockers in for at least 20 seconds until the phone has reset and you see the blue loading circle on screen. See it the issue is still there afterwards.
    12-03-13 03:46 AM
    After you made sure the date setting is on manual, and you have set the date to tomorrow's date, can you please do a hard reset by holding the volume up and volume down rockers in for at least 20 seconds until the phone has reset and you see the blue loading circle on screen. See it the issue is still there afterwards.
    I followed the steps as you said, and the issue is still there. Opening compass it will allow me to use is for 30 seconds at most before it stops working. When i close and re-open compass, i get the same error as others, "Your device does not support the necessary sensors for this application".
    12-03-13 03:53 AM
    I followed the steps as you said, and the issue is still there. Opening compass it will allow me to use is for 30 seconds at most before it stops working. When i close and re-open compass, i get the same error as others, "Your device does not support the necessary sensors for this application".
    OK, the only other suggestion I could find that can potentially resolve the issue is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...le-fix-880312/

I would love to be able to reproduce this issue but my phone is running smoothly so I can't test it out.
    12-03-13 03:59 AM
    The sensors stopped working today for me, as well. I have downloaded Shark Dash, Home Alone 2, and Angry Birds Seasons. I noticed that my battery was dying very quickly. It died, so I switched batteries and that is when i the issues started. This was around 5 pm EST. Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1809 Rogers Canada. A standard restart didn't help, and the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app also said that the sensors were not supported. A hard reset did fix the problems though. So far so good. Very strange. I wonder if it was BlackBerry World, or something server side, or something in the OS that was time sensitive.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:14 AM
    Ok this is weird I started having the same issue yesterday... seems to me that it's cause of movie dowloads... never had any movies on phone unto 2 days ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:24 AM
446 12345 ...