Ok, I have attached a picture for all the young Turks who would deny I own the phone.

This phone has reset itself an average of 3 times a day since I got it on Monday. Regardless of all the excuses, this phone has problems. I love the phone, but I want it to work, and not reset in the middle of a phone call! Is there any help other than waiting for the next update?

Resets are driving me nuts.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366933747.207242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    04-25-13 06:54 PM
    blackberry z10 rebooting itself - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ooting-782602/

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1460678 Iphone 5 random reboots.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...m-reboots.html Android 4.2 random reboots.

Looks like all new OS's or OS updates have the same problem that gets fixed eventually.

Good luck
    Last edited by Bearded Dragon; 04-25-13 at 09:56 PM.
    zeteo likes this.
    04-25-13 07:12 PM
    I have found that shutting it down for the night while charging seems to help prevent shutdown during the day. I tried this for a few days earlier thus week and it seems to work since prior to that, I was getting at least one shutdown a day. Not a great data set but something to try.

This is driving me nuts too...

FWIW : STL100-3 at&t. 10.0.10.116

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    04-25-13 07:20 PM
    I guess I can read Verizon on your phone and they seem to be restart-heavy. Try:

1) If you use the device lock, stop. A tech suggested it may be over-aggressive. This morning (I am on t-mo usa and am having no restart issues) I was setting the password for device lock. I got an error to retype -- bang -- screen went blue and restarted. Not using.

2) As some suggested, try a preemptive strike, When you get up, do a manual restart. The phone is probably restarting for a "reason". Until that's fixed, try that.
    04-25-13 07:35 PM
    Honestly I'd swap it out. There are so many that don't reboot...I think your chances are good to get one that is stable.

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-25-13 07:37 PM
    Honestly I'd swap it out. There are so many that don't reboot...I think your chances are good to get one that is stable.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are right. I already have it repackaged and will be returning tomorrow. I will wait for 10.1.
    04-25-13 08:09 PM
    Used to use a Verizon Z10 on AT&T, it'd reboot at least twice a day. Finally picked up an AT&T Z10, hasn't rebooted once in weeks.

The other issue I had with the Verizon Z10 was connecting to WiFi - it was hit and miss and would often times fail to connect. Not the case with the AT&T variant.
    zeteo likes this.
    04-25-13 08:14 PM
    After my forth unit, I took it back and I am going to wait until they get a fix for this issue. My rebooted right in the middle of an important phone call with a client which really **** me off. What I don't understand is why we are forced to wait until the Q10 is released before we get 10.1, fix the issues you have with your current product before worrying about any future ones? Until then I am back to my iPhone 5 and IOS, at least it works and no restarts.
    zeteo likes this.
    04-25-13 08:18 PM
    Ok, I have attached a picture for all the young Turks who would deny I own the phone.

This phone has reset itself an average of 3 times a day since I got it on Monday. Regardless of all the excuses, this phone has problems. I love the phone, but I want it to work, and not reset in the middle of a phone call! Is there any help other than waiting for the next update?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366933747.207242.jpg 
Views:	1097 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	155052

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    Take it back and exchange it. Let them know your having issues.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-25-13 08:44 PM
    I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation and it seems to be getting worse. I'm going to try to change the cut SIM card for a micro SIM next.

Posted via my most awesome BlackBerry Z10
    04-25-13 11:12 PM
    I just spoke to Verizon tech support, and she told me take the phone back and wait six months! I couldn't believe it. She then asked if she could recommend another device. I told her no because I still have my iPhone. She said great. She also said not to look for 10.1 nor the Q10 for 6 months. She said texting and resetting are the biggest problems with the Z10.

Don't BB have people who test these things?
    04-26-13 10:57 AM
    Swap it out, the z10 is working beautifully in the rest of the world, it seems unusual that Verizon have so many bad devices. I've had mine since February 5 and no reboots here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:42 AM
    Swap it out, the z10 is working beautifully in the rest of the world, it seems unusual that Verizon have so many bad devices. I've had mine since February 5 and no reboots here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    I think the reports of fewer reboots in other parts of the world only further suggests that the issue is software-based and not a hardware defect since the phone was released in the U.S. after being released in other parts of the world. So, theoretically, the U.S. devices would be from a later manufacturing run. If it's a software issue, swapping it out with a new one isn't going to address it.

I suspected the issue might be related to LTE chipset drivers, but a friend said non-LTE versions are experiencing reboots as well. He thinks the issue is that the OS doesn't have a graceful way of handling "serious" application errors/crashes and so it just reboots. My experience supports this since there are times I've been in an app when it suddenly appears to be frozen and then automatically reboots several seconds later. However, I've also seen it reboot when it's been idling sitting on my desk...
    04-26-13 02:59 PM
    If you're on T-Mo, you're not on LTE, only furthering my point about the issue potentially being related to LTE.
    04-26-13 03:46 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and mine reboots 3-5 times a day.

Posted via my most awesome BlackBerry Z10
    04-26-13 04:05 PM
    Has BlackBerry ever acknowledged a problem? Clearly it is a problem for a lot of people.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:09 PM
    My wife had issues with her Z-10 resetting. She returned it to the store and received a new device that has been reset free for nearly two weeks.
    04-26-13 04:09 PM
    I also have a T-mobile sim, which originally was the full size, but went to a store for them to cut it for me and it restarts 1-4 times a day. I have also another SIM that is not T-mobile and was manufactured as microSIM, with it i have 0 resets for weeks. Not sure if T-mobile is the problem in this case or the not so well cut SIM.
    04-26-13 04:26 PM
    I have seen problems with sims that had been cut on different phones. Including the phone getting hot at times. I have also seen mini sims mess up in BlackBerry phones. I think it is prudent to use the sim that came with the phone if you can.
    04-26-13 05:02 PM
    I did a complete restore and installed the update through Link. So far so good. No restarts since 4 pm ... this could be the start of a roll!
    04-26-13 09:19 PM
    I was pretty sad when even after the most recent Verizon software update, my resets continued. I've just been dealing with it but I hope there's some kind of fix on the horizon. I really love this phone to pieces and it kills me that this issue has stuck around as long as it has. Up till now, it seems like everyone believes 10.1 will eliminate the issue. If it doesn't, then what do we do? I guess I'll wait and see what the Verizon Q10 owners say about their experiences. Best of luck to you!
    04-26-13 09:32 PM
    These resets\reboots are getting out of control. I hope the respective carriers, if it is a carrier issue, resolve it, and quickly, too...

Also, those having resets\reboots, do you have side-loaded apps installed? Curious.
    04-26-13 09:50 PM
    If so, post below with a photo for us all to see
    04-26-13 09:51 PM
    I don't believe 10.1 will fix the random reboots. I was experiencing 2-3 RR's per week before loading up 1429. With 1429 it was 1-2 per day. I have had 3 today with the first full day of 1483

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:44 PM
    My phone is going back today. Four resets yesterday. All re-boxed and ready.to go!

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    04-28-13 10:41 AM