I live in BC. My phone is on the Rogers network.

I arrived in Arizona yesterday. It took 90 minutes and 3 battery pulls to get my Z10 to register on any network in the US.

A pay as you go flip phone would do better than that. Given the buzz around this device, I find it inexcusable that I missed a conference call because I could not get my damned phone to register on the network.

Today, in downtown Phoenix, I dropped calls 9 times. All in the middle of calls with people that matter. It has got to the point that I explain the problems away by telling people I have " one those new Blackberry's"., it usually gets a laugh. But what the hell sort of message is that?

I also am now finding a problem with touch screen, possibly too sensitive. If I have it up to my ear during a call, the pressure will either turn on the speaker or disconnect the call.

I am getting really frustrated.
    You must be lying, all problems are with verzion
    04-18-13 12:00 AM
    oooooh so that means the S3 and iPhone 5 are disgraces too!
    Someone always has to bring up other phones.......
    04-18-13 12:01 AM
    Yes, too bad so much redundancy in 12,000 threads. People want to jump on CB with cons (and pros) without looking for answers (or fully testing). Still, such is the nature of the Average consumer beast. However, it's true, as verified generally by both sides: This is not a BlackBerry in the sense of anywhere near seamless transfer from other BBs and it resembles more a BlackDroid than next gen BB. But that is because BB had to abandon its dead end direction and make an OS/phones more appealable to the masses...or be sold off for parts. It took (too) much time for BlackBerry to swallow its bloated pride, and much patience for loyal users, before a new system and accompanying phones were finally developed. Hard to deny any of this.

Now let's look for QUALITY and not quantity in posts. There are problems, major ones, but they can be overcome if acted upon fast. CB users can address any learning curve type problems and BlackBerry OS root problems. I tire of listing the same 3 or 4, but there are a half dozen threads where users - - doubt less with all day to play on their phones--that appear to have outlined a pretty comprehensive list of a mix of transition type and organic root problems with the OS.

Maybe need some screening for negative threads posts but definitely for the "no problems with my phone" posters. (There's a thread somewhere herein that allows one to join the chain if they love their Z...it made it over 1000, or so, last time I looked. Not sure that this thread is going to convey the OP's original intent.) Note: I'm pulled by an unusual, sometimes illogical, loyalty to BlackBerry but it does me no good to overlook problems that I should seek solutions for from CB /BB.

The Z is a not ready for prime time early release phone (with a late release OS). This statement I definitely verify for the heavy business user that requires a few apps and, apparently, for the super social site and picture exchanging all day phone banging crowd.

Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a comprehensive book simply for transitioning from other BB's but such (from 3rd party) will no doubt be on the market by end of the month. As for genuine flaws in the OS, or in user logic design, the dozen, or so, OS10 technically adept CB users can be helpful with both posts herein and to BlackBerry itself.

Posted via CB10
    Takmelius likes this.
    04-18-13 06:57 AM
    we need a dislike post button!

once a thread gets enough dislikes its locked and deleted.

what does everyone think?
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:15 AM
    Maybe it's because a lot of people are unhappy with the Android Z10. It's not a conspiracy theory at all, it's very simple : the Z10 is not a Blackberry. That's all. Nobody says that is not a good phone or that the OS is not good for a new os, the only thing we are saying is that the Z10 is not a Blackberry. Stop comparing it to the legacy devices because they are two world's apart, each with good and bad parts. There you go

PIN 333AE4B3
    If it's designed and built by BlackBerry, it's a BlackBerry. It's not a BlackBerry 5, or a BlackBerry 6, or even a BlackBerry 7. Those were the BlackBerry's that were out while RIM lost their market share. I'm not saying that I don't miss some of the features that were part of the old BlackBerry, but apparently those features didn't matter enough to enough people to protect RIM's market share - so maybe we should either let go, or just wait for some of the good stuff to come back in future updates. Sometimes, you have to have a little faith, BlackBerry is not on a suicide mission. If they had not done something transformative, they would have gradually lost it all.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-18-13 07:54 AM
    Why feed the troll, just another person who is out smarted by a smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:59 AM
    I wish that I had your luck with Outlook 2010 on exchange : my emails auto delete and I've research hours and hours and tried many settings with the IT at my work without avail. Hotmail. Com works flawless but not outlook 2010 just can't find what is going on

Posted via CB10

hell even IT in my office was impressed, when i added the account to the z10, within minutes when i looked at the settings, it had automatically set up the server name, domain etc
    04-18-13 10:02 AM
    Maybe it's because a lot of people are unhappy with the Android Z10. It's not a conspiracy theory at all, it's very simple : the Z10 is not a Blackberry. That's all. Nobody says that is not a good phone or that the OS is not good for a new os, the only thing we are saying is that the Z10 is not a Blackberry. Stop comparing it to the legacy devices because they are two world's apart, each with good and bad parts. There you go

PIN 333AE4B3
    Hmmm. I need to take mine back as it has BlackBerry slathered all over it.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-18-13 10:04 AM
    Why is the original post written with symbols throughout the post? Makes me think it's a troll post.

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-18-13 10:05 AM
    I too dislike this phone in few days of owning it and tempted to go back to 9900. However, after a steep learning curve and some adjustment it started to grow on me.

I still keep my 9900 as a spare. I do miss the tactile feel of keyboard and easier cut and paste system, but I find it harder to move back to smaller screen now. I think the upcoming 5" screen will be awesome.
    04-18-13 10:43 AM
    Id blame the US Carriers for that one

I live in BC. My phone is on the Rogers network.

I arrived in Arizona yesterday. It took 90 minutes and 3 battery pulls to get my Z10 to register on any network in the US.

A pay as you go flip phone would do better than that. Given the buzz around this device, I find it inexcusable that I missed a conference call because I could not get my damned phone to register on the network.

Today, in downtown Phoenix, I dropped calls 9 times. All in the middle of calls with people that matter. It has got to the point that I explain the problems away by telling people I have " one those new Blackberry's"., it usually gets a laugh. But what the hell sort of message is that?

I also am now finding a problem with touch screen, possibly too sensitive. If I have it up to my ear during a call, the pressure will either turn on the speaker or disconnect the call.

I am getting really frustrated.
    islandp likes this.
    04-18-13 10:57 AM
    Steep learning curve?

Please tell me about the steep learning curve so I can let my potential customers know about them as well.

I too dislike this phone in few days of owning it and tempted to go back to 9900. However, after a steep learning curve and some adjustment it started to grow on me.

I still keep my 9900 as a spare. I do miss the tactile feel of keyboard and easier cut and paste system, but I find it harder to move back to smaller screen now. I think the upcoming 5" screen will be awesome.
    04-18-13 11:00 AM
    It is steep due to an unfamiliar aIt is different than the OS7.
    04-18-13 11:25 AM
    oooooh so that means the S3 and iPhone 5 are disgraces too!
    True! Any touch screen. Kept putting my BlackBerry Torches (9800 and 9810) on mute while talking on the phone.

Can you hear me now!?! LOL

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    Last edited by John Pawling; 04-18-13 at 03:05 PM.
    04-18-13 11:28 AM
    Why is the original post written with symbols throughout the post? Makes me think it's a troll post.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but its not a troll post at all. You don't know me nor my background. If hasty generalizations are the name of the game, look at your post count. My billing rate is too high to waste time trolling. Just hoping to share my experience and learn from those that know more than me for the better of the group. That is the power of a crowd, the power of CB.

Complaints about "not another one of this posts" are full of irony, why fill up a thread with hate posts rather than helpful directions. That is what I will never understand.

For me, I have posted when I have had issues and have posted what I have learned for the benefit of the CB users.

BTW the forums at Blackberry mention the problems I'm having even as a sticky with workarounds. If there are workarounds means that there are issues that need to be fixed and are being fixed. Like most everything in life, BB10 and the Z10 is a work in progress, if we don't share our observations the product will not improve.
    04-18-13 02:09 PM
    we need a dislike post button!

once a thread gets enough dislikes its locked and deleted.

what does everyone think?
    Or you can stop reading said thread....

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:10 PM
    Sorry but its not a troll post at all. You don't know me nor my background. If hasty generalizations are the name of the game, look at your post count. My billing rate is too high to waste time trolling. Just hoping to share my experience and learn from those that know more than me for the better of the group. That is the power of a crowd, the power of CB.

Complaints about "not another one of this posts" are full of irony, why fill up a thread with hate posts rather than helpful directions. That is what I will never understand.

For me, I have posted when I have had issues and have posted what I have learned for the benefit of the CB users.

BTW the forums at Blackberry mention the problems I'm having even as a sticky with workarounds. If there are workarounds means that there are issues that need to be fixed and are being fixed. Like most everything in life, BB10 and the Z10 is a work in progress, if we don't share our observations the product will not improve.
    This.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:11 PM
    Ok but that doesnt tell me what exactly is the steep learning curve?

swiping? notifications? use of the OS?

examples?? I need to be able to tell my customers what the issues are please.

It is steep due to an unfamiliar aIt is different than the OS7.
    04-19-13 12:22 PM
    the main problem that the Z10 has is the users in most cases. i've set up everything flawlessly with none of your concerns. it is my honest opinion most of the issues on here are educational issues or lack there of.

People don't try. its just easier to come on here and ***** and moan and blame everyone else except for your lack of understanding of the device. Threads like this really grind my gears.
    There does exist a problem for POP email users. For people on Verizon, with a Z10/OS10.0 and also POP emails via Network Solutions, you can receive emails but not send/reply. I have been on the phone more than once with Verizon and keep checking various posts anticipating news of OS 10.1 being released. The bottom line is the problem is real and Verizon is sitting on a solution. They have OS 10.1 on the new Q10, but have not given up 10.1 for us Z10 owners who bought their phones upon release.
    06-12-13 09:21 PM
    OK I see there are plenty of folks here that are having great success with Enterprise and Gmail. My question is will Gmail and Pop work for
    us that don't have Enterprise service and just regular accounts. Need good feedback as I am going to buy 2 Z10's tomorrow, one for me and one for wife.
    Thanks
    06-12-13 11:15 PM
    I have a Gmail and an AOL mail. And they both come thru just fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 01:42 AM
    There does exist a problem for POP email users. For people on Verizon, with a Z10/OS10.0 and also POP emails via Network Solutions, you can receive emails but not send/reply. I have been on the phone more than once with Verizon and keep checking various posts anticipating news of OS 10.1 being released. The bottom line is the problem is real and Verizon is sitting on a solution. They have OS 10.1 on the new Q10, but have not given up 10.1 for us Z10 owners who bought their phones upon release.
    If you're paying for such a premium for Verizon service, I'd drop them like a brick and look at T-Mobile or AT&T.

Oh yeah and you are subject to government's spy program.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-13-13 02:16 AM
72 123