I've just bought a beautiful new-old-stock red Z10 with the intention of using it when I have to do some phone swapping for work. My plan worked beautifully until I made the mistake of putting the micro/nano SIM adapter back in the slot without the SIM in. Next time it came to swapping it got stuck and the pins bent and broke.

I see that Z10 micro SIM card trays are available on eBay so I should be able to repair this.

My question is, has anyone bought a Passport nano SIM card tray and installed it in the Z10? I'm thinking this would negate using the destructive adapter.

If not, I'm going to buy both types and will report back if the parts are interchangeable.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 02-12-18 at 07:27 AM.
    02-12-18 06:45 AM
    Buy both and let us know.
    02-13-18 08:58 AM
    If not, I'm going to buy both types and will report back if the parts are interchangeable.
    Pretty sure they are NOT interchangeable but will eat my words if you report otherwise.
    02-13-18 09:24 AM
    I've just bought a beautiful new-old-stock red Z10 with the intention of using it when I have to do some phone swapping for work. My plan worked beautifully until I made the mistake of putting the micro/nano SIM adapter back in the slot without the SIM in. Next time it came to swapping it got stuck and the pins bent and broke.

I see that Z10 micro SIM card trays are available on eBay so I should be able to repair this.

My question is, has anyone bought a Passport nano SIM card tray and installed it in the Z10? I'm thinking this would negate using the destructive adapter.
    It's not the adapter that was destructive...

The #1 rule of using a SIM adapter is to NEVER, EVER insert it without the SIM inside, because if you do, 100% of the time, you'll break the SIM tray. The pins will get stuck in the adapter and will be bent permanently when you remove it.

But, again, that's a user error, not a problem with the adapter itself.
    zer0ten likes this.
    02-13-18 12:57 PM
    It's not the adapter that was destructive...

The #1 rule of using a SIM adapter is to NEVER, EVER insert it without the SIM inside, because if you do, 100% of the time, you'll break the SIM tray. The pins will get stuck in the adapter and will be bent permanently when you remove it.

But, again, that's a user error, not a problem with the adapter itself.
    Haha, yes fair point, it was me who was destructive!

Have Googled the problem and it is all over the Internet that what I did was a seriously bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 05:51 PM
    Brookie, Dunt*3: I've ordered the parts but won't be home for 3 weeks to fit then. Will report back if nano and micro trays have the same connectors or not.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-13-18 05:52 PM
    Z10 fixed. Tray is surface mounted so I took both the nano and micro SIM try to a phone shop as I haven't soldered anything like that before. They wouldn't entertain the idea of trying the alternative so I ended up with the micro SIM.

The dimensions and pins looked similar to me but I guess we'll never know!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 03:05 PM
    The dimensions and pins looked similar to me but I guess we'll never know!
    Oh well......thanks for finishing the thread and glad you got it fixed!
    03-27-18 03:09 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 03:16 PM