I have a personal Z10 since Feb 2013. I was recently provided a Z10 from work with BlackBerry Balance.

I've been using both phones for a month or so but would like to cancel my personal contract and use the work phone exclusively. This leads to some questions that I'm having a tough time getting answered.

1. Can I backup and restore my personal phone to the work phone without disrupting the work profile currently in place?

2. Can I update my BlackBerry ID on the work phone as I had to create a new bbid on the work phone but all my apps and contacts are associated with my personal bbid.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:41 AM
    I have a personal Z10 since Feb 2013. I was recently provided a Z10 from work with BlackBerry Balance.

I've been using both phones for a month or so but would like to cancel my personal contract and use the work phone exclusively. This leads to some questions that I'm having a tough time getting answered.

1. Can I backup and restore my personal phone to the work phone without disrupting the work profile currently in place?

2. Can I update my BlackBerry ID on the work phone as I had to create a new bbid on the work phone but all my apps and contacts are associated with my personal bbid.

Posted via CB10
    Personal does not really mean personal... your BES Admin has control over the whole device as they are the ones who bought it. Really depends on what he allows you to do.

BBID... Apps are associated with your ID, but Contacts are not anymore. Your contacts should be associated with your personal email account. You should be able to edit your BBID, if the option isn't there then again the BES Admin has not allowed it.
    08-19-14 10:56 AM
    Personal does not really mean personal... your BES Admin has control over the whole device as they are the ones who bought it. Really depends on what he allows you to do.

BBID... Apps are associated with your ID, but Contacts are not anymore. Your contacts should be associated with your personal email account. You should be able to edit your BBID, if the option isn't there then again the BES Admin has not allowed it.

Have they changed the way BBID changes are processed, before it used to require a system wipe and setup.
    08-19-14 11:11 AM
    Sounds like I need to wipe my work phone and have them reset my work profiles. I can then add my personal bbid.

I should have been more clear. My bbm contacts get added with my bbid.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 11:17 AM