My Z10 has been sending texts before they are done when I the backspace key several times to delete some characters. [no I am not accidentally hitting the 'send' key].

Is that normal? If so, can I turn it off?
    09-06-13 03:02 PM
    Hi IWantaT10,

First of all welcome to the crackberry forums!

In regards to your issue, i'm afraid the only answer is that you ARE in fact accidentally hitting the send key.. it is after all right below the backspace key. Now your finger may just barely be grasing the key, or it may not 'actually' be on the key, but the keyboard is heat sending and learns the contact patches on your fingers expanding them to larger then the button displays if necessary.. so it's possible that over time, after several mis types the keyboard has expanded the selectable area for the send button up into the backspace button ever so slightly.. the only solution as far as I know if that is the case, would be to wipe the phone and start a new, making sure to hit the backspace and send buttons separately for the first while so it can learn properly.
    09-06-13 03:10 PM
    What do you mean by "wipe the phone". I am hoping you are talking about cleaning the surface and not a software scrub.
    09-06-13 03:13 PM
    I think, that you accidentally hit the "Enter"/"Return" key!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    09-06-13 03:15 PM
    What do you mean by "wipe the phone". I am hoping you are talking about cleaning the surface and not a software scrub.
    I think you know the answer to that.. BUT that is an extreme solution. Personally I'd just be more careful to make sure I was pressing in the center of the backspace key, maybe type a little slower for a while and retrain the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:25 PM
    Don't forget that you can delete a word by swiping left across the keyboard. That way you won't risk hitting backspace

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    09-06-13 03:36 PM
    I was seriously hoping that you meant clean the surface, but apparently not. I have noticed that if I press the backspace slowly multiple times that it doesn't send. It's just when i hit it fast several times that it sends.

I understand that there is a better way to delete an entire word. So I will look that up so I don't have to do repeated backspaces.

Thanks for your replies.
    09-06-13 03:39 PM
    Don't forget that you can delete a word by swiping left across the keyboard. That way you won't risk hitting backspace
    Ah. That is what I was going to check out. Thanks.
    just_luc likes this.
    09-06-13 03:40 PM