Long story short, when applying a screen protector to my Z10 I used too much solution and got some water up under the screen. 99% of the water spots went away after a day, but there is still one tiny spot in the corner of the screen that is still bugging me, and it hasn't gone away after about 10 days.

I've seen some videos online showing how to disassemble the Z10 and get to the LCD screen. I've also seen videos of people with other devices taking the LCD screen out, separating the LCD from the glass, cleaning the LCD, putting it back together and everything working fine.

Here's my question: Could I do this with the Z10? I've read something about the screen and the glass being constructed in such a manner that they can't be separated. Is this the case? If so, would that prevent me from taking apart the screen, drying up a couple of water spots and putting it back together?

Thanks in advance.
    05-06-13 05:53 PM
    Long story short, when applying a screen protector to my Z10 I used too much solution and got some water up under the screen. 99% of the water spots went away after a day, but there is still one tiny spot in the corner of the screen that is still bugging me, and it hasn't gone away after about 10 days.

I've seen some videos online showing how to disassemble the Z10 and get to the LCD screen. I've also seen videos of people with other devices taking the LCD screen out, separating the LCD from the glass, cleaning the LCD, putting it back together and everything working fine.

Here's my question: Could I do this with the Z10? I've read something about the screen and the glass being constructed in such a manner that they can't be separated. Is this the case? If so, would that prevent me from taking apart the screen, drying up a couple of water spots and putting it back together?

Thanks in advance.
    Are you sure the spot isn't just under the screen protector?
    As for the disassembling, as far as I know, it cannot be done. The glass is attached to the digitizer, so as you heard, yes, they are combined into one.
    05-06-13 05:56 PM
    Are you sure the spot isn't just under the screen protector?

Yes I'm certain it's the screen. I removed the screen protector just to be sure.

As for the disassembling, as far as I know, it cannot be done. The glass is attached to the digitizer, so as you heard, yes, they are combined into one.
    Crap. I hoped that since there was enough space between the LCD and the glass for water to slip through, there might be a way to separate them temporarily to dry it up.

I'm interested to see if others share this not-so-promising prognosis. Thanks.
    05-06-13 06:01 PM
    Anyone else know of a way to dry up some water between the LCD and the glass (apart from the rice method or waiting for it to dry on its own--two approaches which have proved to be unsuccessful)?
    05-06-13 06:22 PM