Well we have max 4mbps yeah in south Africa and you people complain about your double/triple digits speed!

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I lived in algeria for a couple of years for work. Rated the slowest Internet in the world. Used to have 256 kbps.

But I still complain about my 75 mbps now.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:31 PM
    Well we have max 4mbps yeah in south Africa and you people complain about your double/triple digits speed!

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    Why do people do this? You want me to feel guilty because I want to have faster Internet? You want us to feel sorry for you? Yes it's unfortunate, the conditions over there aren't the best, and believe me If I had the means I would definitely donate millions to help the many in poverty. I appreciate everything I have here, but is it wrong we always want something better? If i have the means to up my Internet speed i shouldn't do it because it's a "firstworldproblem"? It's not like I'm talking down on anyone, or any country. Again, if I was a billionaire i would do more to help humanity than most of these pompous business tycoons that rule America.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-05-13 08:32 PM
    Lol. I lived in algeria for a couple of years for work. Rated the slowest Internet in the world. Used to have 256 kbps.

But I still complain about my 75 mbps now.

Posted via CB10
    I used to have 56k -.- lol trying to download 1gb was like watching paint dry. Haha wow! 75 mbps is more than enough! Don't be spoiled ;p

10-05-13 08:33 PM
    I used to have 56k -.- lol trying to download 1gb was like watching paint dry. Haha wow! 75 mbps is more than enough! Don't be spoiled ;p

If we settle for "enough" we won't get anywhere. I know what you mean but America is still outrageously expensive and Google fiber has just given us 1gbps Internet while other countries have had it for years.

But yeah. Life is good for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:47 PM
    Why do people do this? You want me to feel guilty because I want to have faster Internet? You want us to feel sorry for you? Yes it's unfortunate, the conditions over there aren't the best, and believe me If I had the means I would definitely donate millions to help the many in poverty. I appreciate everything I have here, but is it wrong we always want something better? If i have the means to up my Internet speed i shouldn't do it because it's a "firstworldproblem"? It's not like I'm talking down on anyone, or any country. Again, if I was a billionaire i would do more to help humanity than most of these pompous business tycoons that rule America.

Lol it's not that people in my country don't have the funds or are living in poverty, we have one landline company and its corrupt as hell because it's part owned by the government. We don't have LLU, and the only fibre we know is corn flakes hahaha -real world problems?

I was quoting first world problems because of the meme
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/first-world-problems

Rented Django.-1stworld.jpg

Don't want you pity, just reminded me of this meme

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-05-13 09:57 PM
    I suppose it's good that you're supporting BlackBerry World, but why are you paying for stuff you can get for free?

Download BitTorque, navigate to pirate bay with the browser, search and download. It will automatically open BitTorque to download the torrent, and in the same amount of time you'll have a free movie. Stream to a big screen via hdmi and you're golden.

Alternatively if you have faster wired Internet speeds, download via your computer and then drag and drop the file to your z10 and steam via hdmi.

So many free options! Happy downloading

Great movie btw

Posted via CB10
    You mean steal? If it's available, you should pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:30 PM
    What? No streaming?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:46 PM
    You mean steal? If it's available, you should pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    Who called the morality police? Jeez.

I actually paid to see Django in the theatre, as I do with a lot of movies. For others I choose to 'borrow' then discard after I'm done with them.

If you're old enough to remember VHS, and VHS recorders, it's no different, just on a larger scale. I'm not profiting off it, and I do wait until it's on DVD until I see it. Someone else has rented/bought it, and is sharing it with me.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:56 PM
    10-06-13 02:01 AM
    Who called the morality police? Jeez.

I actually paid to see Django in the theatre, as I do with a lot of movies. For others I choose to 'borrow' then discard after I'm done with them.

If you're old enough to remember VHS, and VHS recorders, it's no different, just on a larger scale. I'm not profiting off it, and I do wait until it's on DVD until I see it. Someone else has rented/bought it, and is sharing it with me.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it!

Posted via CB10
    Oh, but you are profiting off it! When you download something illegally from the internet you aren't paying for it. Therefore you are earning the money you would have spent had you paid for it.

Think of it this way. Imagine you walked into Future Shop and stuffed a few DVDs in your shirt, then walked out without paying for them. Would you do that? Not likely, but because it's so much easier to just download a pirated version from the internet and there is very little risk of being caught, people do it without thinking about what it really is: theft. And it doesn't matter who it's stealing from or how large the theft is, whether it's a dollar from a multimillionaire musician or a $1000 from a poor person, theft is theft.

Think about this the next time you're about to hit the download button, and go out and buy it instead.

And don't call me the "morality police" or whatever. It's time a lot of people learned something.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 02:27 AM
    Oh, but you are profiting off it! When you download something illegally from the internet you aren't paying for it. Therefore you are earning the money you would have spent had you paid for it.

Think of it this way. Imagine you walked into Future Shop and stuffed a few DVDs in your shirt, then walked out without paying for them. Would you do that? Not likely, but because it's so much easier to just download a pirated version from the internet and there is very little risk of being caught, people do it without thinking about what it really is: theft. And it doesn't matter who it's stealing from or how large the theft is, whether it's a dollar from a multimillionaire musician or a $1000 from a poor person, theft is theft.

Think about this the next time you're about to hit the download button, and go out and buy it instead.

And don't call me the "morality police" or whatever. It's time a lot of people learned something.

Posted via CB10
    While I don't condone piracy it is in accurate to call it theft. Stealing a couple dvd's from a store is theft and will need to be replaced costing the owner money. Piracy on the other hand is merely making a copy.

Again it doesn't make it right but you should learn the difference if you're going to educate people on moral standards. They will just use it as ammunition.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 02:43 AM
    Egggggzactly.

^^^ this is why I don't feel so bad about 'borrowing' the use of someone's material for personal consumption.

Although I understand the logic of rights to content ownership and all that, the reality of it is much different. This is why artists like Metallica and others came under such scrutiny and backlash when they spoke out about it...because they're already making so much money, to lose a portion due to free borrowing really isn't that bad.

Would I download indie stuff from 'starving artists'? No. Do I care that a massive production house is losing out on my money for other movies/songs? Not at all.

Technically you're right, it's not my property and I'm consuming it without paying for it. Like I said before though, I grew up on watching and copying other people's VHS or cassette tapes and I really don't see this as any different. The industry in simply pissed because people figured out a way to do this same action on a large scale.

If I'm not mistaken the FBI warning before most videos details the legality of not profiting off the content (charging others to watch it, distributing for sale yourself, etc), which I'm not doing. People that handycam in a theatre I don't agree with. People that distribute copies for money I don't agree with. People that share a DVD copy I don't mind. I suppose that's my morality in all this.

If you want to pay for every piece of owned property you consume, then if your friend rents a movie you should technically rent it yourself not watch it with them for 'free'. That's technically illegal, no?

No sharing allowed. Warner Bros needs another $5 in their wallet.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 07:10 AM
37 12