As many of you, I am planning on renewing my contract in the next day or two for the Z10 - I want to know what your plan currently costs so that I can have some points of reference for when I talk to Telus.

I am on a plan with Telus and currently pay $55 plus tax for my plan which has my faves 10, 1 GB of data, unlimited data, call display and evening and weekends starting at 5 or 6.

What do you have and can I get a better deal? I am not willing to go to Wind or the other discount cell companies because of their lack of LTE. Thanks for your input.
    01-29-13 11:31 PM
    I have your plan blackberry 1 gb, my10, free after 6, 400 mins. I pay 50 will I be able to keep my bb plan since u no longer need bb plans
    01-29-13 11:34 PM
    Damn, I'm on basically the same plan but am paying $65 at bell.
    01-29-13 11:36 PM
    My plan doesn't exist anymore - it was their student 55 plan. They don't offer it anymore.

@anthonysira - I am not sure if you can keep the BB plan - if there aren't any better offers, then I will be keeping my current plan.
    01-29-13 11:39 PM
    This is the plan i have with Rogers. Pretty sick for $60 a month. Normally its supposed to be $100+ but got a few discounts as they ruined my plan last time.

6GB BlackBerry Msg & MY10 Plan

Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
    200 Weekday Minutes
    MY10 Plan
    6pm Early Evening Calling
    5pm Early Evening Calling
    200 Bonus Minutes
    Unlimited Incoming Calls
    6GB Blackberry Data (BIS) LTE Shared Plan
    Call Display
    Name Display
    Visual VoiceMail+
    Call Manager
    2500 Call Forwarding calls
    600 US & International Text messages ( Sent & Receive)
    250 US & International Minutes
    01-29-13 11:39 PM
    That is a sweet deal!
    01-29-13 11:40 PM
    I thought my plan was unbeatable due to long boxing matches over the phone
    01-29-13 11:42 PM
    Im with telus.

I have a promo talk 35, thats 200 day minutes with free evenings and weekends. and unlimited messaging for 35$. Plus a promo 6gb for 30$. The trick is to keep watching telus and switch your plan as often as they throw out good promos to customize your package for what you need. I only need 2-3gb of data but right now 3gb costs 30$, so I minaswell stay with the 6gb. I also dont need 200 day minutes. Id be good with 100 but theres no plan that offers that with unlimited text. They change often though, just gotta keep checking.
    01-30-13 12:26 AM
    Wow i hope they have special bb10 promo plans, i really dont want to spend 60+ for 1g data, unlimited text, and who knows how many day time minutes. Btw im with bell -.-
    01-30-13 12:30 AM
    Wow i hope they have special bb10 promo plans, i really dont want to spend 60+ for 1g data, unlimited text, and who knows how many day time minutes. Btw im with bell -.-
    Most likely they will bring out the 6GB plan for $30 or add it into a plan.
    01-30-13 12:31 AM
    I never thought about combining the different plans - I've always done the combo voice/data. That is a good idea.
    01-30-13 12:35 AM
    I'm with o2 in the uk and pay �27 pcm for that I got my Nokia N8, unlimited data (subject to fair usage), O2 insurance, unlimited SMS texts, unlimited calls to landlines and 500 minutes to mobiles. I rarely make calls to other mobiles and usually only use 50 or so minutes per month maximum (if ever to be fair).

I was on a really crap plan for years as I'd never upgraded from about 10 years ago so had something like 20 free texts and 30 free minutes. Then one year the nice lady at o2 must've felt sorry for me and gave me lots of new stuff

I noticed some saying unlimited incoming calls? Do the carriers in the US charge you to receive a call? In the UK we only get charged to receive a call if it's international
    Novaone likes this.
    01-30-13 03:37 AM
    (...) Unlimited Incoming Calls (...)
    (...) I noticed some saying unlimited incoming calls? Do the carriers in the US charge you to receive a call?
    I was going to ask the same thing. You get charged for incoming calls without this package?

In the UK we only get charged to receive a call if it's international
    I don't think you are quite correct here. If you are in UK using an UK simcard, then no matter from where you receive the call, it should be free.
    But then, when with this card you travel abroad, then you will be charged for any incoming calls in roaming.

It is confirmed:
    1) my brother while being in UK with his UK number gets a call from me being in Poland calling from my PL number: he doesn't pay a penny, I pay for international call;
    2) my brother traveling to PL with his UK no: I am calling him and pay for international call, he pays the roaming charges on the incoming call.
    01-30-13 06:52 AM
    AT&T Unlimited Data with two family members added at $10 each. Between the free in-network calling and rollover, we've never once gone over our alloted minutes.

Plus a Hearst 22% discount.
    01-30-13 07:12 AM
    Question.... I have a year and a half left on my contract with Rogers... what is my best option for upgrading to Z10? I've never "upgraded" before and this was one of my first actual contracts (previously just on pay as you go)... is it possible to just tack on another 2 years to my contract and get the phone at the "two-year contract" price? I'm okay with "renewing" my contract and tacking on more time if it means I can save a couple hundred bucks on the phone itself. I like my current plan and its cost, so I'm good with keeping it for a couple more years if that's possible. If not, I guess my only option is to pay full pop for the phone! Thanks!
    01-30-13 07:23 AM
    Just got off the phone with a Telus rep and here is what I have prepped as a plan for my new Z10:
    - 6gb of data
    - 200 regular minutes
    - myfaves 10
    - unlimited texting
    - call display
    - voicemail
    - 6pm evening and weekends
    All for $65 per month. Good plan?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:31 PM
    prez ... are you a long term Telus customer or did you get those features by haggling? Are you getting the Z10 with that plan?
    01-30-13 02:00 PM
    Just got off the phone with a Telus rep and here is what I have prepped as a plan for my new Z10:
    - 6gb of data
    - 200 regular minutes
    - myfaves 10
    - unlimited texting
    - call display
    - voicemail

Is that a retention plan?

Bell retention offered me Fab 10, 6GB, VM/CID, 100 LD minutes, 200 minutes for $70 and the same but with Fab 5 for $66...
    01-30-13 02:16 PM
    - 6gb of data
    - 200 regular minutes
    - myfaves 10
    - unlimited texting
    - call display
    - voicemail

I am pretty sure this is the plan I currently have and I rather like it.
    I don't use many minutes so I could have 100 and still not use them all.
    I also don't use the full 6gb of data but if you compare to other plans it is an awesome deal. I am glad I don't have to worry when streaming music and not on wifi!
    01-30-13 02:25 PM
    I have been with Telus since May of 06. I beleive that I did talk to retention about the plan. The plan will be given to me upon renewal of my cotract and the z10. I will still have to pay 150 for the z10.

From what I have seen, I'm pretty satisfied witht this plan and I will likely go with it.
    meganVee likes this.
    01-30-13 02:31 PM
    MeganVee - How long have you been with Telus?
    01-30-13 02:33 PM
    I have the student 55 and I am very happy with that. I qualify for an equipment upgrade so I did today. I understand the Z10 should arrive on or about Feb 6. Of all the plans I've had over the years the student 55 has proven to be the right balance of call minutes and data features for me. 85% of my data usage is on wifi anyway.
    01-30-13 02:49 PM
    That is the plan that I currently have. I find that the 1gb limit is too limiting. I have to monitor and pay attention to my data usage in order not to go over.
    The plan that they offered me is like the student 55 except that it increases my data to 6gb.
    01-30-13 02:52 PM
    MeganVee - How long have you been with Telus?
    Since 2006 or 2007.
    01-30-13 04:56 PM