Is there an easy way or an app that allows you to easily change the name of a song and also the artist,album and all that stuff? I'm not talking about the actual file name... cause they can't have spaces in them. I'm talking about the name of the song that shows when you are in the music player.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:08 PM
    Is there an easy way or an app that allows you to easily change the name of a song and also the artist,album and all that stuff? I'm not talking about the actual file name... cause they can't have spaces in them. I'm talking about the name of the song that shows when you are in the music player.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The way I've always done it was to sync the songs to Windows Media Player and edit them there, and the system would sync in the cover art, then sync the music back to the Media Card. I've not found a way to do it on device, but perhaps someone here has found a way.
    07-25-13 09:18 PM
    Also can someone PLEASE tell me how to stop the same album cover from showing up on EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT I DOWNLOAD??
    The same stupid picture is on at least 50 of the songs that I have on my z10. Even though I deleted the song that the picture originally came with.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:39 PM
    Did you ever figure out the answer? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me mad!

We are all connected.
    10-02-13 09:18 PM
    Is there an easy way or an app that allows you to easily change the name of a song and also the artist,album and all that stuff? I'm talking about the name of the song that shows when you are in the music player.
    I've not found a way to do it on device, but perhaps someone here has found a way.
    Also can someone PLEASE tell me how to stop the same album cover from showing up on EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT I DOWNLOAD??
    Did you ever figure out the answer? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me mad!
    Anyone try a Meta Tag Editor?

It's best to do this on a pc and then transfer, but you can access your files on your sd card with a usb cable and do it.

Rename Song/Edit Artist/Album etc?-editor.jpg
    10-02-13 10:55 PM
    I edit all my songs on a PC in the winAMP media player with the built in metadata editor/viewer. There are many alternatives available. Songs can be named one thing but have meta data calling themselves something else. I believe a metadata tag editor app is avail on BBWorld but i have never tried it. I recently cleaned up the meta data on 8000+ files on my computer. Not a task i would consider to do on a phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-13 12:34 AM
    I hear ya. I found I could only access one album at a time while using the usb cable and my tag editor, but is possible.

I personally did 60 GBs of music on my pc. Spent many, many, many, days & nites.
    10-03-13 12:46 AM
    Tried 3 phone apps, all useless. Mp3tag on the pc is what I've used for years.

Delete folder.jpg in the download folder ever time you get a new song or it'll be the next songs album art. If you don't want it to happen again download the song into its own folder.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:13 AM
    The same stupid picture is on at least 50 of the songs that I have on my z10. Even though I deleted the song that the picture originally came with.

Posted via CB10
    Create a folder for each album and get the picture needed and rename it "Folder "

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:29 AM
    I hate saying this but I use iTunes on my PC to organize my music collection. Once I'm done the editing, I connect my phone up to link and just drag and drop right from my iTunes folder using BlackBerry Link.

I always try and download an iTunes version of music so that the format is similar to everything else I have. But if I'm in a rush, i'll just copy that download CD folder directly to my microSD card using the mass storage option. Then I use this application below if the album art doesn?t appear.

Check out Cover Grabber in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21796480

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    10-03-13 06:48 AM
    I've used MediaMonkey to fix up TAGS. You can sort all of your music (even if in different folders) into one long list and then sort on the various tag-types. So you can sort on genre, or album, artist. So if you sort on Genre, the list will show "NO" info (can't recall the real info) at the top for each track that lacks Genre and then you can edit and add it. Sort on Album or Artist and the same NO info will sort out and you can then edit those with missing info.
    10-03-13 09:05 AM
    Is there a way of editing the info from the phone itself?
    I usually download podcasts directly to my phone using AntennaPod and would like to edit the info so I can categorize them in the music app.
    01-25-14 01:10 PM
    Is there a way of editing the info from the phone itself?
    I usually download podcasts directly to my phone using AntennaPod and would like to edit the info so I can categorize them in the music app.
    There was another thread where there were some recommendations for Android apps that could edit the tag info. I'm not sure if there is any native solution but there might be something.
    01-25-14 04:35 PM