So does the whole sugar cube really work at removing banding? I don't want that front logo on my white z10!
    03-15-13 08:01 PM
    I would like to know this too
    03-15-13 09:06 PM
    I remember reading the comments section on the article that showed the first spy pic of the Verizon Z10. When I read the comments section, there were several people that shared logo removal techniques. The 3 main techniques were: Rub a sugar cube. Use finger nail polish removal on a Q-tip. Or use Purell hand sanitizer on a Q-tip. There is no excuse for that hideous logo, Verizon knows better.. Here's the link for you to check out for yourself. First look at the Verizon BlackBerry Z10! | CrackBerry.com
    bob_n_along likes this.
    03-15-13 09:40 PM
    Finger nail polish removal sounds the most sound of all the techniques. Acetone in it should dissolve the paint while leaving the plastic intact without scratches. Purell might work because of the alcohol, but does not seem like a great way. Also, the sugar cube sounds like a more mechanical means. I don't know if I would trust it!

I would be curious who will try it first!
    00stryder likes this.
    03-15-13 09:58 PM
    Finger nail polish removal sounds the most sound of all the techniques. Acetone in it should dissolve the paint while leaving the plastic intact without scratches. Purell might work because of the alcohol, but does not seem like a great way. Also, the sugar cube sounds like a more mechanical means. I don't know if I would trust it!

I would be curious who will try it first!
    you can always wait and see...surely someone will post a how-to or better yet a video on how to do this!! (I don't mind the branding on the back, but it ruins the front...)
    03-15-13 10:00 PM
    I used a qtip with nail polish remover on the Verizon logo on my 9930. Got the job done nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    walt63 likes this.
    03-15-13 11:48 PM
    I've tried the sugar cube and the nail polish. USE THE POLISH! The stupid sugar cube scratched my 9700 and looked so ugly. Use one with a high level of acetone. Acetone free removers don't remove anything well. Much easier than the sugar cube.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:53 PM
    I remember reading the comments section on the article that showed the first spy pic of the Verizon Z10. When I read the comments section, there were several people that shared logo removal techniques. The 3 main techniques were: Rub a sugar cube. Use finger nail polish removal on a Q-tip. Or use Purell hand sanitizer on a Q-tip. There is no excuse for that hideous logo, Verizon knows better.. Here's the link for you to check out for yourself. First look at the Verizon BlackBerry Z10! | CrackBerry.com
    Yes. That is hideous. What were they thinking...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-15-13 11:53 PM
    I've used nail polish remover to remove carrier branding. Sometimes the nail polish won't remove the branding completely and leave a ghosting image behind, in this case I rub the rest out with toothpaste. I know it sounds odd but it worked for me and it's non abrasive so it should keep you from having to scratch up your phone in the process. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 05:51 AM
    Acetone in it should dissolve the paint while leaving the plastic intact without scratches
    You will struggle to find a nail polish remover with Acetone nowadays. You might get it for Acrylic extension remover though.
    Acetone dries the nail bed out and leads to breakage. So hasn't been used for years.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 06:03 AM
    I have casings for some older blackberries. Maybe tomorrow I will try a few of these methods and see how it turns out. I ordered a white z10 for myself and would definitely enjoy not seeing carrier logos :P
    03-16-13 06:16 AM
    A cover like Phantom Skinz will cover it nicely. Thats my plan anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-16-13 06:20 AM
    Verizon knows better? Common now... Look what they did with the Galaxy Note II... Slapping their logo right on the home button. Ugh. Stuff like this makes me glad I'm not with them anymore.
    03-16-13 06:24 AM
    Yeah good call andddlay. Perhaps they know better than I thought. This does "irk" me though. My wife and I both share a family plan with Verizon, plus I have 2 phones of my own. My wife's plan won't be up for over a year with her SG3. If it wasn't for her phone, I'd seriously consider leaving Verizon and going to At&t. That might show them... But.. my hands are tied. Dam it.
    03-16-13 11:13 AM
    Well, they are never tied... I mean you can pay the early cancellation fees.
    03-16-13 02:48 PM
    For the love of god don't use a sugar cube to remove the logo. That is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard. A sugar cube is around the coarseness of 80 to 120 grit sandpaper. So put down whatever abrasive method and use a solvent of some sorts. Using a sugar cube to remove a logo on your phone is like using sandpaper to wash your car.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:10 PM
    Another option is this thread with PhantomSkinz.... I am considering it!
    03-16-13 03:19 PM
    Another option is this thread with PhantomSkinz.... I am considering it!
    I just saw that thread this morning. I think I'm going with that skin too! I'm thinking... Silver maybe..
    03-16-13 05:10 PM
    if verizon was smart they would of etched it onto the casing. but then again that would take more cost and time to do.

Isopropyl alcohol (70%) should do the trick. way stronger than nail polish remover. Isopropanol is what we use to clean our PCBs. this one's 99% alcohol.

be careful though, these are extremely flammable and should only be used in a ventilated area. I have not tried this, so have no idea if it'll discolor anything.
    03-16-13 06:03 PM
    lol, just lol.
    03-16-13 07:28 PM
    If it were not for how clean the Phantom Skin chromatics look I would not even consider it. I would be willing to buy OEM parts and take the phone apart to get rid of the top logo if necessary. I am that committed to getting Verizon off my phone.
    03-16-13 09:45 PM
    So what happens when you remove the logo and then end up sending your phone in for a warranty replacement or something like that? Then you have to do it all over again!!! Does that logo really bother everyone that badly???
    03-16-13 10:06 PM
    Yes, yes it does. I would remove it all over again.

Plus with Phantom Skinz you can request a replacement a unlimited amount of times... I have done that once with my 9930 screen protector, when I had to do a Warranty swap!
    03-16-13 10:12 PM
    I searched, but didn't see this thread until somebody posted a link to it. I started one myself that is pretty interesting with some valuable information.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post8167735
    03-21-13 08:42 PM
    I used Acetone which I had lying around where I bought in Home Depot and a Q-Tip. Rubbed it very lightly and the Verizon logo came off without damaging the plastic.
    Attached Thumbnails Remove white z10 Verizon branding-photo-1.jpg   Remove white z10 Verizon branding-photo-3.jpg   Remove white z10 Verizon branding-photo-4.jpg  
    04-18-13 07:06 PM