Hello there!

I bought a Z10 with what I would call "hard" Vodafone branding. I.e. the bootscreen shows a Vodafone logo and this is regardless of the SIM I insert. E.g. I can use the phone with a o2 Germany SIM but it still has that darn Vodafone branding. As I also don't see any indication whether 3G or LTE is used I want to get rid of the branding (hate VF anyway) and flash a firmware with which the Z10 gets the "soft" branding you read so often about. Meaning if I insert a Vodafone SIM it has a VF bootscreen and settings, if I use my o2 or Telekom SIMs it gets their respective bootscreens and settings.

Is this possible at all? And if yes, where would I find instructions? I wasn't able to google the answer so far, sorry!

Thanks!

PS: I'm comfortable with flashing phones and don't care about guarantee, thank you very much
    12-06-13 03:29 AM
    No, it is hard coded into the system, and has been stated numerous times in questions over the years. It is something one must live with.
    ams083 likes this.
    12-06-13 03:38 AM
    Not sure what you mean with "over the years". Did you see that I posted this in the Z10 forum? That phone is out what, 10 months maybe? Are you sure it is also hardcoded in the Z10? I can still return the phone with no loss, I would just need to know.
    12-06-13 03:44 AM
    As far as I know the Z10 is shipped "unbranded" and picks up the boot time splash screen from the first SIM it ever sees. I'm not sure if this will be reset if you try one of the OS autoloaders but it won't hurt to try - although if it works it would again be semi permanent until the next OS reload. Look for the download links in our Leaks & Beta forum
    12-06-13 04:02 AM
    The model I bought is really hard branded. The first SIM I inserted was of o2 Germany and I got the Vodafone greeting. So you are saying there are no firmware images one can simply flash to overcome this and get the soft branding?
    12-06-13 05:14 AM
    Hi, I had a Vodafone branded z10 , had it unlocked if I put 3 sim in it shows the 3 boot up screen,

The only think that maybe had made a different is that before I had it unlocked I had to do a factory reset / security wipe on the phone I don't know if that is the reason ??? Hope this may help you
    12-06-13 05:25 AM
    Mine was unlocked from the beginning and it showed the Vodafone crap with an o2 SIM as I wrote. I did that when I unpacked it from its box. So it's not soft branded and a factory reset can not have any effect as it was brand new.
    12-06-13 08:12 AM
    I got lucky with that. I HATE phone branding, any type of it. And my Z10 doesn't have one. Not even from SIM card I use.
    12-06-13 08:26 AM
    Just try loading up a leak.. if the software has been modified by VF, then the branding should certainly go way.. on the other hand. If they have them specially manufactured.. then there might be some extra ****ty chip of something which u can't remove..
    And the reason I say load a LEAK is thay if u go official.. then the official would be coming from VF only.. meaning the OS would have the branding incorporated in it..
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck and post the results too!!

Hit via the sexiest fone there is. Did sumone say Z10?
    12-06-13 08:31 AM