Can anyone who has the new Verizon 10.1 official 10.1.0.2151 get Remote File Access to work?

I can only use it if I am connected to Wifi and have the Verizon network disabled.

It does not work with only LTE on (wifi disabled) or both LTE and wifi enabled.

I'm getting mad that I had to wait so long for Verizon and their 10.1 has a broken major feature.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:35 PM
    So the network needs to be off to use it?

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-13 10:46 PM
    So the network needs to be off to use it?

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes the Verizon network must be disabled.

I spoke to Verizon and BlackBerry just now and BlackBerry says it is a known issue and their developers are working in figuring out the source of the problem.

Rep said no ETA could be days or weeks. Also said that fix could be on the backend or via Link software update or BB10 update. I hope it's not in Verizon's control or this will never work.

Ugh this is disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:50 PM
    Mine isn't working either. I didn't try to turn off the network tho.
    07-26-13 10:56 PM
    I have a suggestion for you! This just happened to me the other day. Don't lose nothing trying right?

Turn BlackBerry Link off on your BB10 device through the settings menu.
    Open link on your desktop then sign out of your BB ID you'll see it on the top somewhere can't remember if there's a sign out button or you click your BB ID to sign out.
    Quit link software return to BB10 device enable link on your device and return to home screen.
    Open link software sign in to your BBID and that should fix it. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 11:03 PM
    i had the same problem when at&t rolled out 10.1,the z would see my pc on wifi,but would lose it when i went to just data.i ended up deleting and reinstalling bb link and deleting my pc from the list on the z.since then i haven't had any problems connecting to my pc from anywhere on data.
    07-26-13 11:33 PM
    I have a suggestion for you! This just happened to me the other day. Don't lose nothing trying right?

Turn BlackBerry Link off on your BB10 device through the settings menu.
    Open link on your desktop then sign out of your BB ID you'll see it on the top somewhere can't remember if there's a sign out button or you click your BB ID to sign out.
    Quit link software return to BB10 device enable link on your device and return to home screen.
    Open link software sign in to your BBID and that should fix it. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    This also worked for me. I can drag and drop music/pictures/docs etc to my berry on my mac, but as you can see in the photo the remote access portion will not allow me to select my berry to be able to view files in specific folders on my comp from my berry. It's able to find it through wifi though which is a start.

Remote file access Verizon broken-screen-shot-2013-07-27-2.50.15-pm.jpg
    07-27-13 07:55 AM
    Mine works fine on my home computer from my WIFI at work, but it won't work on the Verizon network, as stated above. I didn't need to disable the network, though.
    07-27-13 01:24 PM
    Yes the Verizon network must be disabled.

I spoke to Verizon and BlackBerry just now and BlackBerry says it is a known issue and their developers are working in figuring out the source of the problem.

Same issue on new Verizon 10.1 build downloaded yesterday. Remote file access works perfectly if you go to Settings - Network Connections - Mobile Network and turn off Mobile Network. Leave Data Services ON and make sure you have a good wireless data connection.

Not sure why cellular radios on prevents access to remote files but this is the workaround for now.

Rep said no ETA could be days or weeks. Also said that fix could be on the backend or via Link software update or BB10 update. I hope it's not in Verizon's control or this will never work.

Ugh this is disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Can confirm this solution. Go to Settings - Network Connections - Mobile Network and turn Mobile Network OFF. Leave Data Services On and make sure you're on Wifi and Remote File Access works perfectly.

Not sure what the conflict is with the Radios but Blackberry Support seemed to understand that the issue exists.
    07-27-13 01:33 PM
    Yes there is a problem. BlackBerry has a partial work around on this. Go to settings > Mobile network and shut off Mobile network and data services. Go back to Settings > Storage and access and make sure wifi sharing is on. Go to link software > Remote File Access and click refresh devices.

That made it work for me. At the moment BlackBerry says you can not use the Verizon network to remote access your files due to a constraint in the Verizon network.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:44 PM
    <snip>At the moment BlackBerry says you can not use the Verizon network to remote access your files due to a constraint in the Verizon network.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, the constraint is probably that Verizon wants to charge you for it...

Posted via CB10
    ediggity likes this.
    07-27-13 01:48 PM
    Main settings, Blackberry Link, tick off use celluar network and try.
    07-28-13 05:45 PM
    Don't shutoff "use wireless connection" it won't let you see your PC FILES. Just shut off your network connections as previously instructed. BlackBerry has some work to do here yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:26 PM
    The "constraint" is that Verizon likes to monkey with port blocks.

I'll lay odds they're blocking the ports necessary for the tunnel to come up.
    07-28-13 08:50 PM
    It works on the leak that I am running (10.1.0.4543).
    07-28-13 09:01 PM
    Over the mobile network? Ok, that eliminates the carrier then -- this is one of those "it works or it doesn't" sort of deals.

Although there may be differences between configurations in different areas of the country. Unlikely but possible -- especially between LTE and non-LTE areas.
    07-28-13 09:17 PM
    When I was on earlier leaks in the range of this Verizon release (10.1.0.2XXX), Remote File Access had that exact problem - only worked over WiFi, and only after disabling network radio. Later leaks (10.1.0.4XXX) seem to have it working.

There IS something different about Verizon though. In those builds, while it was broken on Verizon, those same builds seemed to be fine on all other carriers - so the issue is a combination of BlackBerry and Verizon.
    07-28-13 09:41 PM
    This is the exact sh.. that BlackBerry can't have happen. Disappointed

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:04 PM
    Can confirm this solution. Go to Settings - Network Connections - Mobile Network and turn Mobile Network OFF. Leave Data Services On and make sure you're on Wifi and Remote File Access works perfectly.

Not sure what the conflict is with the Radios but Blackberry Support seemed to understand that the issue exists.
    On Verizon also. That's all I had to do. Disable Mobile Network and turn Mobile Network OFF. Leave Data Services On. Hopefully will fix Radios so that I can still have service while using Link RFA.
    10-24-13 01:31 PM
    I recently updated to OS 10.2.1.2141 and I am now able to use Remote File Access through the mobile network on Verizon. While I was always able to access through wifi networks, this is the first time I have been able to use it with 4G since I got my Z10 back in May (although honestly I'm not sure I checked with 10.2.1.1925).
    02-19-14 07:08 PM