So I was working on a project for work today. I had to submit a proposal to a government department.

I printed off what I needed at home and then scanned it so I could email the docs to the government. But I couldn't send the email because the scanned doc was too large.

So, I saved the scanned doc to my desktop. Then I accesses said doc using my Z10 and RFA; emailed (shared) the doc to my work email address; saved it on my work laptop and then emailed it to the gov! Worked like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 and Knightcrawler like this.
    11-03-13 09:24 PM
    Man great story !!!

I use remote access a lot it's so easy!!

And just works!!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:50 PM
    Yeah it was so helpful today!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:54 PM
    When it works it's great but the consistency is not reliable. Not sure if this is because of Blackberry Stink or simply the behavior of windows sleeping or what - it should be a killer feature which instead seems to be a half implemented solution in every os version i have used up to 10.2.0.1767.

With any consistency it would be a feature that could sell BBOS10 to many a user. To my users who thinks it should work they way it is supposed to work it just causes internal frustration and lack of confidence in their choices of a blackberry device. Or worse they think their is something wrong with our network or firewalls. It should be the Private Cloud solution.

At a bare minimum some error reporting would be helpful, "could not connect to host", "host is sleeping", "firewall is preventing connection to host" or something other than the dumb eternal circle. BBRY please get this fixed and working, as the OP states, it can be a life saver but you kind of need to know it will work all the time.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    11-03-13 10:02 PM
    I completely agree. Although it helped me today, I did have to sign back in to RFA just to "wake it up".

It is pretty inconsistent.

When it works it's great. But that's not all the time.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:20 PM
    When it works it's great but the consistency is not reliable. Not sure if this is because of Blackberry Stink or simply the behavior of windows sleeping or what - it should be a killer feature which instead seems to be a half implemented solution in every os version i have used up to 10.2.0.1767.

With any consistency it would be a feature that could sell BBOS10 to many a user. To my users who thinks it should work they way it is supposed to work it just causes internal frustration and lack of confidence in their choices of a blackberry device. Or worse they think their is something wrong with our network or firewalls. It should be the Private Cloud solution.

At a bare minimum some error reporting would be helpful, "could not connect to host", "host is sleeping", "firewall is preventing connection to host" or something other than the dumb eternal circle. BBRY please get this fixed and working, as the OP states, it can be a life saver but you kind of need to know it will work all the time.
    Stole all of MY thunder.....

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:40 PM
    Lmaoooooooooooooooooooo BlackBerry stink.

My goodness what a horrible program.

Why haven't they improved this I have no clue.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:51 PM
    With the 10.2.1.1055 leak it's a little better, as of mid November, but still doesn't work consistently, i can reach some of my desktops but not all of them. Ironically i can reach a remote machine and not one that is on the same wifi network i am currently on.
    11-18-13 09:43 PM
    Mine always works when the computer isn't asleep.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:11 AM
    I'm curious - when you use remote file access, do you do it through Link? I just enable remote file access on the Z, then log in to it, or if I want to do it the other way, use ghost commander to mount a drive on the host pc.

If you are using an OS which can't mount windows shares, then just enable the built in web server and navigate to it on your PC. You can simply download them in the browser.

I haven't got BB link installed, so I don't know what it does.
    11-19-13 04:32 AM
    I have never ever been able to use this feature. I see my PC on my Z10 on the file manager but I can't access it. I have no idea what's wrong, and my PC never sleeps.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:23 AM
    I can never get it to work unless I'm on my home wifi network, and I made certain to explicitly allow cellular connections to Link. My computer never sleeps. Never worked over cellular connections, and I don't have any port blocks on my network. I'm very well versed in all that jazz from using Direct Connect and Bittorrent in the early 2000s, but eh.
    11-19-13 08:29 AM
    I have never ever been able to use this feature. I see my PC on my Z10 on the file manager but I can't access it. I have no idea what's wrong, and my PC never sleeps.

Posted via CB10
    McAfee perhaps??

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-19-13 08:35 AM