To add exceptions click on firewall options and click the + sign to add blackberry link.
    Now to add nginx and peer manager,
    Go to: applications >right click BlackBerry Link >open package contents >resources> find p2p folder > drag peer manager to the firewall options box. Do the same with nginx.

Hopefully it works for you. And i do agree that we might have to do something with the terminal. To allow a connection.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks--will try it.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:00 PM
    It's amazing!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:43 AM
    I tried switching on sharing, still my laptop folder screen in my Z10 is blank.. please helpRemote File Access: Awesome!-img_00000024.jpg
    06-17-13 09:15 AM
    To add exceptions click on firewall options and click the + sign to add blackberry link.
    Now to add nginx and peer manager,
    Go to: applications >right click BlackBerry Link >open package contents >resources> find p2p folder > drag peer manager to the firewall options box. Do the same with nginx.

Hopefully it works for you. And i do agree that we might have to do something with the terminal. To allow a connection.

Posted via CB10
    Did this work for anyone? I did this as well and I can not see my files.

The files show up fine when I turn the firewall off so at least I know communication between my Z10 and my mac is happening just not with the firewall turned on. =(
    06-23-13 06:24 PM
    To all those who got it working, does BlackBerry Link (BlackBerry vpn) interfere with your Internet connection making it unusable until the vpn is disabled and the router reset?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 05:32 AM
    To all those who got it working, does BlackBerry Link (BlackBerry vpn) interfere with your Internet connection making it unusable until the vpn is disabled and the router reset?

Posted via CB10
    Nope you can still browse the Web just fine it doesn't work like a traditional vpn

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 01:06 PM
    Mac/OSX Users: I did a little digging and found the following. If you're comfortable with webserver and firewall routing table configuration you may want to try the following to see if you can get your osx machine to respond to requests with the firewall turned on. I have not had the time to try this out myself but figured it would be useful to anyone who is curious and has some free time to try it.

1. BB Link remote acccess appears to use an embedded web server called ngnix. Configuration is located at: /Library/Application%20Support/BlackBerry/PeerToPeer/nginx_conf.xml
    2. Ngnix appears to have trouble responding to requests when the OSX firewall is turned on. A possible solution is described on this thread: osx - On Mac OS X Leopard, how can I setup an web server (nginx) without being blocked by the Firewall? - Stack Overflow
    3. doc page for controlling ngnix: Controlling nginx
    daleymr likes this.
    06-24-13 03:24 PM
    Nope you can still browse the Web just fine it doesn't work like a traditional vpn

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply, I don't know why it does that for me. Maybe its my router?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:12 PM
    Gray I had exactly what you had, just reboot your Z10 and voila...!
    Need to restart, or reset a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone? Here�s how!

To restart a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Press and hold the Power/Lock key following by tapping Restart

A real sight of beauty. Works like a charm now, no firewall related issues at all.

Pierre

Didn't work. I'll try and reboot and see what happens.
    06-26-13 06:41 AM
    I got a new laptop PC and installed BB Link same as on the old one where the RFA works well, but was not able to RFA on the new one. Both systems are pretty identical with respect to OS. Old is Win 7 Ultimate the new is Win 7 Pro. I just got it to work finally! The one difference I saw from old to new laptop is that on the new laptop my BlackBerry Virtual Private Network was disabled in Network Connections. I right-clicked it, enabled it and then restarted the computer. Sorry if this was covered somewhere (I don't have the time to re-read this monster of a thread), but I think it might have had something to do with my issues.
    06-26-13 09:23 AM
    Didn't Link have an option where you could back up your apps and contact information over wifi? I had that experience before but I'm not seeing the option at all :s

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    07-03-13 04:33 AM
    can some one familiar with q10 (otherwise know as the troll in bb's basement that is not to be seen by anyone) help me get my pc and q10 working together - laptop does not want to remote file access with handset and handset can't view files on pc
    07-22-13 09:42 AM
    Couldn't find a clear answer to this..
    Wake on Lan.. anybody have it working.
    Not over wifi but remotely, this way I could let my computer sleep and save power.

I am familiar with port forwarding and such too but haven't found a way to do this yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 01:31 PM

Yes!

Now I have access to all my files...EVERYWHERE and I don't have to rely on some cloud storage provider. I am my own cloud storage provider.

BlackBerry: Be the Cloud!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks 2 quick questions:

Do you have to be signed into BlackBerry Link on your home computer & it's just open & running?

If so, does that also mean anyone on your home computer on the end can also have the same full access to files on your device??

Thanks.

Posted via ZB10
    02-11-14 03:37 PM
    No.

You can close Link on your home computer and the manager continues to run. Your computer has to be on, but it can be locked.
    02-11-14 03:44 PM
    No.

You can close Link on your home computer and the manager continues to run. Your computer has to be on, but it can be locked.
    Thank you. That's good!

Posted via ZB10
    02-11-14 03:52 PM
    I am running Macfee on my PC and the only way I can get this to work is to turn off the firewall! Not practical for extended periods of time. Any idea on how to configure my firewall to allow this to work?
    03-07-14 04:27 PM
542 ... 202122