TROUBLESHOOTING:

Computer listed as offline - Don't forget to log in to BlackBerry Link on your computer.
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-bblink1.png

Computer online, but only blank screen loads - check your firewall settings, add an exception.
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-bblink3.png

Deleted your PC/Mac from Paired Computers list - Uninstall BlackBerry Link, remove user settings, reinstall and then reboot your computer. After reconnecting your BlackBerry with a cable and going through the initial setup enable wireless sync, your computer should re-appear in the list of paired devices.
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-bblink2.jpg

Hope this helps so you don't have to read through the whole thread
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 06-10-13 at 05:53 PM.
    06-10-13 05:28 PM
    So for other users - IMPORTANT:

Computer listed as offline - Don't forget to log in to BlackBerry Link (Mac/PC, look at the upper right corner of the program) .

Computer online, but only blank screen loads - check your firewall settings, add an exception.

Deleted your PC/Mac from Paired Computers list - Uninstall BlackBerry Link, remove user settings, reinstall and then reboot your computer. After reconnecting your BlackBerry with a cable and going through the initial setup enable wireless sync, your computer should re-appear in the list of paired devices.

Hope this helps so you don't have to read through the whole thread
    What settings under firewall for the mac did you turn on?
    06-10-13 05:39 PM
    What settings under firewall for the mac did you turn on?
    I use a thirdparty firewall app called Little Snitch and when trying to connect to Mac it showed a pop-up asking for permission for the exact process (PeerManager), so I just allowed it. Not sure if you need to manually allow it if you use the native Firewall, but at least now you know which process is responsible for the transfers.
    06-10-13 05:48 PM
    I use a different software program called ESET. I was able to look on the Internet to see what permissions ESET allows for BlackBerry Link, but I have not had the time to try it out yet.
    06-11-13 12:37 AM
    Will try that troubleshoot tomorrow. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:42 AM
    after installing the latest Link on my Win XP Professional SP3, i have wifi sync working but my RAF still does not work. i installed link while i had my windows firewall off and my antivirus turned off as well. my bb VPN is working and shows as connected, my bb device connection also shows up. i have everything bb added to firewall exception, even checked my Kaspresky Internet Security for it's firewall logs and other reports but it added bb to the trusted list. my pc shows up but when i access it from my device i get a blank/empty screen with nothing showing.

i've almost lost hope... i even tried it with windows firewall off and with antivirus off... also how to get contacts to sync... do i need a outlook account for that? should i make a new one so that i can sync my contacts from phone to it....
    06-11-13 02:26 AM
    @rizdragon: It still sounds like a security issue, check again for a process called PeerManager, it may not be obvious for the first time. I'm not sure whether the process has the same name in the windows version of Link, but it's worth a shot. Plus from what I've heard it isn't good to have multiple firewalls or antivirus programs at the same time. So if you already use Kaspersky Internet Security, you should probably switch the native Windows firewall off as they may interfere. Plus I'd try switching both off for a minute just to test whether it let's you load filesystem from your BlackBerry, if not then the problem isn't in the FW. It's been some time since I switched to Mac, but in your Control Panel try looking for some file sharing options and allow file sharing via WiFi if you find it, I don't remember where exactly it could be.
    06-11-13 06:19 AM
    With both firewalls off I can't see any files... peer manager us in the allowed list of both

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 04:02 PM
    Did you try to find the file sharing options in Windows? I enabled it on my Mac and everything works fine, maybe there could be your problem.
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-screen-shot-2013-06-12-00.48.54.png
    06-11-13 05:51 PM
    Hey Ruslan, Do you mind giving a step by step configuration of how you used little snitch to allow remote access to work? I did allow link/peer manager but its not working =/ and i also enabled file sharing.

Edit: I uninstalled Link and installed it, this time Mac's Firewall asked me to allow or deny Peer Manager and i allowed it, but this was the first time. But it still dosent work. It only works when my mac's firewall is off.

Did you try to find the file sharing options in Windows? I enabled it on my Mac and everything works fine, maybe there could be your problem.
    Last edited by leafsfan13; 06-11-13 at 08:53 PM.
    06-11-13 08:12 PM
    Cant get this to work when logging in through Link and I read the RFA screen I get this:
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-link.jpg

Ive tried uninstalling, CCleaner to delete any leftover files, and reinstalling. Still nothing, also had my phone do a reboot to see if this was the problem. Still nothing :S Wonder why this is happening...
    06-12-13 12:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 00.48.54.png 
Views:	694 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	170902
    on my win XP i've file sharing enabled...
    06-12-13 02:59 AM
    Hey Ruslan, Do you mind giving a step by step configuration of how you used little snitch to allow remote access to work? I did allow link/peer manager but its not working =/ and i also enabled file sharing.

Edit: I uninstalled Link and installed it, this time Mac's Firewall asked me to allow or deny Peer Manager and i allowed it, but this was the first time. But it still dosent work. It only works when my mac's firewall is off.
    That's why I said, that having two FireWalls may cause issues, it's like opening a door expecting to walk to another room and suddenly you hit a wall instead
    Disable the Mac's native Firewall, there's no need for it once you have Little Snitch.
    06-12-13 08:20 AM
    That's why I said, that having two FireWalls may cause issues, it's like opening a door expecting to walk to another room and suddenly you hit a wall instead
    Disable the Mac's native Firewall, there's no need for it once you have Little Snitch.
    Do not disable it. It is meant to run along with LittleSnitch.
    You should use the built-in firewall and supplement it with Little Snitch. The built-in firewall always allows those services which you have enabled intentionally or which are served by signed software such as iTunes. Little Snitch can alert you when somebody from outside actually wants to use one of these services. And you can quickly switch profiles, e.g. disallow file sharing while you are in an internet Cafe (you don't want your public dropbox to overflow) and allow it while at home or in your office.
    Source: Objective Development Forums • View topic - ICMPv6 Incoming no pop-up
    06-12-13 11:48 AM
    Rfa finally worked after windows update... i didn't change a thing... and both Windows firewall and kaspresky firewall are on...
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-img_00000415.png

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:24 PM
    Rfa finally worked after windows update... i didn't change a thing... and both Windows firewall and kaspresky firewall are on...

Name:	IMG_00000415.png 
Views:	378 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	171364

Posted via CB10
    Hallelujah! Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:31 PM
    Dammit still not working for me. Only when Mac's FW is disabled . Added: Peermanager/nginx/BB Link as an exception to allow incoming connections.
    06-12-13 06:49 PM
    Dammit still not working for me. Only when Mac's FW is disabled . Added: Peermanager/nginx/BB Link as an exception to allow incoming connections.
    I can't get remote access to work, either, without disabling the Mac firewall. The Mac doesn't seem to allow exceptions for th firewall unless I just don't know how to do it. (I suspect it could be done via Terminal commands, but don't know what they are. )

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:26 PM
    I can't get remote access to work, either, without disabling the Mac firewall. The Mac doesn't seem to allow exceptions for th firewall unless I just don't know how to do it. (I suspect it could be done via Terminal commands, but don't know what they are. )

Posted via CB10
    To add exceptions click on firewall options and click the + sign to add blackberry link.
    Now to add nginx and peer manager,
    Go to: applications >right click BlackBerry Link >open package contents >resources> find p2p folder > drag peer manager to the firewall options box. Do the same with nginx.

Hopefully it works for you. And i do agree that we might have to do something with the terminal. To allow a connection.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:31 PM
    sometimes wireless sync works for me (Z10) on our win8 64 acer notebook but RFA has never worked. I've adjusted firewall settings to "allow". I've uninstalled/deleted BBLink from the notebook and the registry. I've done three security wipes and nothing. I get the white screen that others describe here on Crackberry. I see no folders, no files.

The only workaround for me is to turn off my McAfee firewall then it works. Thats not a viable solution.
    Last edited by vandenhooff; 06-13-13 at 01:31 AM.
    06-13-13 12:37 AM
    Yeah, it's pretty sick. I didn't even know about it and went into my folders and there's my freakin' computer.
    06-13-13 01:18 AM
    Cant get this to work when logging in through Link and I read the RFA screen I get this:

Name:	link.jpg 
Views:	1470 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	171073

Ive tried uninstalling, CCleaner to delete any leftover files, and reinstalling. Still nothing, also had my phone do a reboot to see if this was the problem. Still nothing :S Wonder why this is happening...
    I have exactly the same problem. Never been able to resolve it.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 01:37 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. Never been able to resolve it.

Posted via CB10
    Contacted BlackBerry Help on Twitter, if and when they get back to me with the solution I'll post it here...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:26 AM
    Contacted BlackBerry Help on Twitter, if and when they get back to me with the solution I'll post it here...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Appreciate that. It seems like a lot of people are having this issue. Maybe BlackBerry needs to look at a better solution for getting the remote file access setup working

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    06-13-13 04:20 AM
    If anyone using mac OS, need to off mac firewall first..and see the magic on your BB10 device
    06-13-13 08:01 PM
542 ... 19202122