I don't know of any PCs with NFC
    04-27-13 12:04 AM
    I for one am very weary about leaving anything on while i'm not home for a long period of time not to mention the wasted electricity that goes with it so this would not be ideal for me.
    Maybe not for you but think about it. 90% of households out there have more then one person in the house.
    BBM, Me. hey babe, turn on the computer
    BBM, her. Okay.
    That took about a second to figure out. Even the other 10% will find a solution.

Posted via CB10
    tinker2000 likes this.
    04-27-13 01:18 AM
    Don't have the RIM Tunnel Service running. This is not as intuitive as it should be.
    Considering its not even officially launched yet. Hmm.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:23 AM
    I am not going to go through 11 pages. I didn't see it on the first , I think 3 pages I read. In curious if this is anyway encrypted. I would also like to know what security risks are involved with this service. I agree it's an awesome feature , as long as security is there. I would like to see permissions as mentioned before on here. And I would really like to see a wake on lan capability. Because right now it keeps my computer on all the time. I usually have it sleep after 2 hours(time for trim to work my SSD raid drives) to save power.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-27-13 01:32 AM
    Finally a break through... sorry for late reply, but I was updating one of my friends phones and putting Skype on it..

So here is what I did....

I had deleted the computer from the file explorer on Z10, and there was no way to get it back...
    So, I uninstalled the link with the settings..
    Downloaded a new one...i did have the 1.1 previously too, BTW..
    Meanwhile I changed my password setting from the network connections..
    Once I reinstalled the link and paired my phone with it..

It works flawlessly...

Yesssss...

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    04-27-13 02:01 AM
    Finally a break through... sorry for late reply, but I was updating one of my friends phones and putting Skype on it..

So here is what I did....

I had deleted the computer from the file explorer on Z10, and there was no way to get it back...
    So, I uninstalled the link with the settings..
    Downloaded a new one...i did have the 1.1 previously too, BTW..
    Meanwhile I changed my password setting from the network connections..
    Once I reinstalled the link and paired my phone with it..

It works flawlessly...

Yesssss...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the password setting would have been enough lol,you had to go through all the other steps because of the deleting

Posted via CB10
    annon91221 likes this.
    04-27-13 02:07 AM
    I know.. you posted the trick after I had deleted it...Lmao...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:09 AM
    I know.. you posted the trick after I had deleted it...Lmao...

Posted via CB10
    Lol cool man glad it worked

Posted via CB10
    annon91221 likes this.
    04-27-13 02:12 AM
    This is a fantastic feature that needs shouting about. Brilliant...streams very well too with music and video files

Now they need to give us CIFS access
    04-27-13 05:52 AM
    Keep the PC on all the time?? No...

Only if there is a wakeonlan app, that would be perfect!
    Do we know for sure that it doesn't wake on lan? I keep my PC on all the time so I didn?t check it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:08 AM
    I am not going to go through 11 pages. I didn't see it on the first , I think 3 pages I read. In curious if this is anyway encrypted. I would also like to know what security risks are involved with this service. I agree it's an awesome feature , as long as security is there. I would like to see permissions as mentioned before on here. And I would really like to see a wake on lan capability. Because right now it keeps my computer on all the time. I usually have it sleep after 2 hours(time for trim to work my SSD raid drives) to save power.

Posted via CB10
    I am not concerned about someone using this feature to hack into my computer. If someone has the ability to do that, they are getting in no matter what. The problem is if you lose your phone. I would like PC access to be password protected.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:11 AM
    Considering its not even officially launched yet. Hmm.

Posted via CB10
    Think it is launched. Q10 is out there now with 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:12 AM
    OK so I have an eyeFi card in my Canon DSLR camera. The eyeFi is programmed to find the HotSpot on my Zed10. Then if I leave my PC logged on (because the junky eyeFi PC software won't run as a service) it transfers the pic files right to the PC drive. Now I set this up and...

I'm shooting pics with my nice camera rig and in a few minutes they are available on my Z10. Anywhere, anytime. That is huge. Story Maker just got a bit more useful.

Question, can you share files from the PC via NFC?

Posted via CB10
    Cool.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:21 AM
    anyone offer some advise on how to get this working on mac? i have the latest 10.1 leak, on the setting page on bb link it says that its not available for the software version of my phone? i have file sharing enabled under settings/sharing on the mac.. i can see the mac listed on the phone but it shows no folders files.
    04-27-13 06:33 AM
    anyone offer some advise on how to get this working on mac? i have the latest 10.1 leak, on the setting page on bb link it says that its not available for the software version of my phone? i have file sharing enabled under settings/sharing on the mac.. i can see the mac listed on the phone but it shows no folders files.
    Maybe try deleting the z10 from link and then adding it back. Maybe then it will see that you have the current software version installed.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:46 AM
    I don't know of any PCs with NFC
    I was not clear here. The files located on the PC but listed on the Z10, can they be shared from my Z10 to another via NFC? Or, do I have to copy the file to my Z10 and then share it?
    04-27-13 06:59 AM
    I believe they would have to be on your Z10
    04-27-13 07:13 AM
    Looks like i was wrong. i opened a document on Z10 from PC and there are several options to share - BBM, SMS, e mail, Bluetooth, NFC and Remember
    jrohland, Dapper37 and 00stryder like this.
    04-27-13 07:16 AM
    So I installed Link on my HTPC and about 95% of my MKV files will not play...get the "This file contains an unsupported media format" message. Hopefully this improves over time but it's very awesome to be able to browse around on my PC.
    Don't hold your breath for BlackBerry to support mkv files. If you want to watch movies this way make sure you convert them to something supported like mp4. It is easy to do but still a PITA.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:43 AM
    I was not clear here. The files located on the PC but listed on the Z10, can they be shared from my Z10 to another via NFC? Or, do I have to copy the file to my Z10 and then share it?
    Absolutely yes, at least from one Z10 to another Z10.
    These remote accessed files are treated as locale files, I don't see any difference from accessing from the host computer. You have the same permission as the user to run BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    hemantmri likes this.
    04-27-13 07:56 AM
    Sideload VLC player .. I have it and works great
    OT: Can you provide a link to a working VLC player bar? On goodereader I only see "VLC Direct". It was last updated in March 2012 and from its description it isn't clear if it is a media player.
    04-27-13 08:11 AM
    It sounds like making a playlist with music both on and off the Z10 is possible now too. What does this mean for users of internet radio?
    04-27-13 08:12 AM
    Have just transferred a 4mb MP3 file from PC to sons Bold 9790 via NFC, using Link. Took about 45 seconds
    04-27-13 08:22 AM
    Have just transferred a 4mb MP3 file from PC to sons Bold 9790 via NFC, using Link. Took about 45 seconds
    Will the default music player stream a MP3 thats on a PC or is it not possible to select remote files from the music app yet?
    04-27-13 08:37 AM
    Maybe try deleting the z10 from link and then adding it back. Maybe then it will see that you have the current software version installed.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried that and still no luck.
    04-27-13 08:38 AM
542 ... 7891011 ...