Maybe this will open the door to future native remote PC control capabilities?!
    04-26-13 08:33 PM
    I'm on Mac with 10.1 OS(leak from the other day) and latest BlackBerry Link(1.1. build 18installed and rebooted). I'm not getting it to work. I'm signed in to Link. I have Link active in the BB's settings. It shows the folder in File Manager but it won't list the folders/files. I have the device checked on Link in the "Remote File Access" setting and a folder chosen. Both BB and Mac have internet access working. Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue? Do you have to change firewall settings or "Sharing" settings in "System Preferences" on the Mac? Mac OS 10.8.3
    I had the same problem today with my Macbook. I rebooted the mac and connected my Z10 with Link running. After that I disconnected the Z10, and I was able to browse my file on the Mac over LTE.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:39 PM
    Of course.

Posted via CB10
    I for one am very weary about leaving anything on while i'm not home for a long period of time not to mention the wasted electricity that goes with it so this would not be ideal for me.
    04-26-13 08:54 PM
    Didn't work. I'll try and reboot and see what happens.
    Ok heres what you do,go into network and sharing center,on the left side you will see "change advance sharing settings"
    click it and the following should be set the same for both "public" and "home or work"
    make sure "printer and file sharing" is on
    turn on "sharing so anyone with network acess can read and write to public folders"
    "turn off password protected sharing"
    and file sharing connections should be set to "use 128bit encryption etc..."
    04-26-13 09:13 PM
    So far nothing I have tried has worked.

Giving up. I'm sure someone else will find an answer

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:14 PM
    Keep the PC on all the time?? No...

Only if there is a wakeonlan app, that would be perfect!
    04-26-13 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tried what i said?
    04-26-13 09:31 PM
    Okay... so I have been trying hard without any luck so far... now I'm stuck at not even getting the paired PC on my Z10, after I deleted it.
    Right now I am reinstalling Link on my PC in a hope for a break through, but I have my fingers crossed..
    Any one with a suggestion, feel free to chime in..

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:30 PM
    Okay... so I have been trying hard without any luck so far... now I'm stuck at not even getting the paired PC on my Z10, after I deleted it.
    Right now I am reinstalling Link on my PC in a hope for a break through, but I have my fingers crossed..
    Any one with a suggestion, feel free to chime in..

Posted via CB10
    And what seems to be the problem?
    lol ima bit to lazy to read the rest of the thread to see where u listed ur problems :/ sorry,if u can tell me here i'll try to help
    if your on windows try my post above
    04-26-13 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    1. Make sure you have latest BB Link software and Z10 10.1 OS; set up BB Link software and Z10 Settings correctly;
    2. open cmd.exe, and "ipconfig /all" to double check you have an adapter named as "BlackBerry Virtual Private Network";
    3. make sure you have a service named "Rim Tunnel Service" running and a process named tunmgr.exe showing up in taskmanager;
    4. Disable all firewall and anti-viraus software to test again
    5. (Use some packet software like WireShark to listen the virtual interface!!! this is the expert level, don't think this is necessary)
    04-26-13 10:38 PM
    If I plug my phone into my computer at work and open usb sharing, can i access a folder to drop files from the OFFICE computer to go directly onto HOME computer that has link ?

Im stacked now with fun

Playbook plugged into TV via HDMI and watching Vimeo
    Controlling Playbook with bridge mouse functions
    Wifi file sharing from Z10 to PC through mapped drives on my wireless network
    Looking at Home PC files from Z10s file folder

Blahhhhh , too much fun for one day
    00stryder likes this.
    04-26-13 10:42 PM
    So I installed Link on my HTPC and about 95% of my MKV files will not play...get the "This file contains an unsupported media format" message. Hopefully this improves over time but it's very awesome to be able to browse around on my PC.
    04-26-13 10:47 PM
    Don't have the RIM Tunnel Service running. This is not as intuitive as it should be.

1. Make sure you have latest BB Link software and Z10 10.1 OS; set up BB Link software and Z10 Settings correctly;
    2. open cmd.exe, and "ipconfig /all" to double check you have an adapter named as "BlackBerry Virtual Private Network";
    3. make sure you have a service named "Rim Tunnel Service" running and a process named tunmgr.exe showing up in taskmanager;
    4. Disable all firewall and anti-viraus software to test again
    5. (Use some packet software like WireShark to listen the virtual interface!!! this is the expert level, don't think this is necessary)
    04-26-13 10:49 PM
    So I installed Link on my HTPC and about 95% of my MKV files will not play...get the "This file contains an unsupported media format" message. Hopefully this improves over time but it's very awesome to be able to browse around on my PC.
    Sideload VLC player .. I have it and works great
    Fatz_z likes this.
    04-26-13 10:51 PM
    I can access my home laptop from my Z10 if my laptop and Z10 are on the same network.
    But on different wifi networks, I was not be able access.
    If some of you know that can link together even on different networks, can you explain to me where is the server so files can be up and downloaded? Or a server is not required.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:53 PM
    I can access my home laptop from my Z10 if my laptop and Z10 are on the same network.
    But on different wifi networks, I was not be able access.
    If some of you know that can link together even on different networks, can you explain to me where is the server so files can be up and downloaded? Or a server is not required.

Posted via CB10
    you need the new 10.1 and the new link ... inside the new link is a new option to share PC files to Z10
    vptsff likes this.
    04-26-13 10:55 PM
    Sideload VLC player .. I have it and works great
    Have you tried this with Link? It's going thru the File Manager software and opens up the native player...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:01 PM
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-img_00000569.png

Yes
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:05 PM
    Don't have the RIM Tunnel Service running. This is not as intuitive as it should be.
    Remember though. This isn't released yet.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:06 PM
    Sweet! I'll give it a try tomorrow! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:06 PM
    Deleted post
    04-26-13 11:08 PM
    Just remember.. if you don't have all day, don't do it. It's a loooong process especially the restore
    04-26-13 11:18 PM
    What is really awesome is that this is just the beginning of what they were talking about with "Mobile Computing " and could be a big area when they talk about licensing BB10.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:19 PM
    OK so I have an eyeFi card in my Canon DSLR camera. The eyeFi is programmed to find the HotSpot on my Zed10. Then if I leave my PC logged on (because the junky eyeFi PC software won't run as a service) it transfers the pic files right to the PC drive. Now I set this up and...

I'm shooting pics with my nice camera rig and in a few minutes they are available on my Z10. Anywhere, anytime. That is huge. Story Maker just got a bit more useful.

Question, can you share files from the PC via NFC?

Posted via CB10
    battery and 00stryder like this.
    04-26-13 11:34 PM
    This is awesome for me since i travel a lot. Can't wait to get home to set it up.
    04-27-13 12:04 AM
542 ... 678910 ...