I'm using MS Security Essentials which doesn't use a firewall. Also disabled Malware Bytes and attempted access. Still doesn't work.

Sometimes it needs disabling the Antivirus Firewall.. Check that too.. my case was to disable network threat protection.
    04-26-13 03:05 PM
    I'm using MS Security Essentials which doesn't use a firewall. Also disabled Malware Bytes and attempted access. Still doesn't work.

Did you reboot your phone? I had to reboot to see the files on my 2nd pc.
    04-26-13 03:13 PM
    What Splashtop does is create a virtual desktop on your mobile device. It does not give you access to files on your PC through your device. It does not allow you to save documents created or edited on your device to your PC. It allows you to run a virtual desktop on your device and control your PC. This is ideal on a tablet not so much on a 4.2" phone. I have Splashtop installed on my PlayBook and use it from time-to-time to access stuff, usually download music through torrents, on my PC when I'm not at home. There is a slight, 1-2 second delay sometimes longer depending on network connection strength, between what you do on your mobile device and the response on your PC. This is ok for document editing not for anything that requires instant feedback such as photo editing. Even web browsing through Splashtop can be a chore at times. This of course is on top of the app itself sometimes running slow and glitchy.

Splashtop is great for what its meant to do, but what Link is offering is something completely different. From what I understand, Link is offering access to files on your PC and the ability to save files from your phone to your PC.

Can't wait until 10.1 officially drops in a couple weeks
    Yeah you are right! Splashtop just creates a mirror of your desktop while this would actually allow you to open files on your desktop as if they were stored on your phone! I means you can play the file locally, modify it locally... and no need for cloud service.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-26-13 03:19 PM
    Reboot everything.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 03:20 PM
    I haven't even migrated to BB10 yet. The awesome is starting to become obvious.
    04-26-13 03:28 PM
    I'm the guy with the Mac who couldn't see his files... After a reboot of Mac and Z10 it's working fine! Props to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard, jesse_h and SDTRMG like this.
    04-26-13 03:52 PM
    Does this download the files to your device or can you just open and close them when you want? Like if there is a pdf I want to read, can I open it without having to save it on my phone?
    04-26-13 04:21 PM
    Brilliant. nothing more to say
    04-26-13 04:29 PM
    So i did everything right and i had the same problem a few other were having about not being able to see the files on your Z10 despite everything being connected properly.

I went to my Antivirus program and did this one change, now it works.

Remote File Access: Awesome!-issue1.jpg

It was originally on "Allow only application traffic" which wasn't working.

Try something like this for people that are having trouble.
    fedakd likes this.
    04-26-13 04:39 PM
    [QUOTE=vgorous;8382615]Best way is to partition a drive to separate the shared folder from the rest.
    /QUOTE]

Add encryption to that too.
    04-26-13 05:02 PM
    I rebooted everything (PC and Router) and file share still does not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled all Blackberry desktop software.. Nothing

Disabled MS Security Essentials, Malware Bytes, and Windows firewall. Nothing. Very frustrating.
    Not very awesome.

Last edited by Gray; 04-26-13 at 05:46 PM.
    04-26-13 05:22 PM
    I would love to be able to install this on a Linux box.
    Yes, maybe the new OS will work in WINE. But I'm not holding my breath.

BBRY is one of the only reasons I still have a Windows computer.
    04-26-13 05:54 PM
    Not using 10.1 but will probably try the leaked version.

If true as OP has promoted, what another great step in the right direction for BB. I'm not quite sure, however, whether my BlackBerry Z is going to access, read and write all these various files as a functional panacea, w/o running at least some programs remotely. BTW, there are other 3rd party programs (and op systems), of course, that allow remote access to simply run a computer, access its files, and store on the slave. (Albeit none of these programs worked well on BB'S, but maybe I'm missing something here .)

What I haven't seen mentioned herein is Win 8 ... The largest part of the concept of W8 is that Msft integrated a (mostly) transparent bridge between its PC (and new laptop) and W8 handheld devices ....This is a big part of the future (in my eyes) for handheld and larger computer platforms: A fully integrated and transparent portal between a desktop, laptop, and handheld devices ... And eventually integrating with TV/cable and their different media as well as larger screens.

Looking forward to putting this BlackBerry function soon to the test on my Z.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:59 PM
    I rebooted everything (PC and Router) and file share still does not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled all Blackberry desktop software.. Nothing

Disabled MS Security Essentials, Malware Bytes, and Windows firewall. Nothing. Very frustrating.
    Not very awesome.
    Just trying to rule out the obvious. You have your Z10 checked in BB Link as a device that you will grant remote file access to, right?
    04-26-13 06:03 PM
    I updated the Blackberry Link..but need to wait for 10.1 OS update...
    So here is a question...

If I have my laptop running at home with a SECURITY CAMERA system running through the PC...would it be feasable to access my PC to monitor the House Cameras via my Z10 from a remote location...ie Travelling...???
    Anyone familiar with this ?
    04-26-13 06:29 PM
    I updated the Blackberry Link..but need to wait for 10.1 OS update...
    So here is a question...

If I have my laptop running at home with a SECURITY CAMERA system running through the PC...would it be feasable to access my PC to monitor the House Cameras via my Z10 from a remote location...ie Travelling...???
    Anyone familiar with this ?
    No. This just gives you access to your files.

Can't you access your cameras through a browser?
    04-26-13 06:31 PM
    No. This just gives you access to your files.

Can't you access your cameras through a browser?
    No.. the cameras are Uniden and only linked to the PC via USB linking of the REMOTE MONITOR...no wireless access...(must be the old type)...
    04-26-13 06:39 PM
    Yes it's checked off.

Here's the latest round of things I've tried.
    • Uninstalled Link then ran CC Cleaner and removed all registry entries and firewall rules it found for BB Link.
    • Rebooted the PC.
    • Installed BB Link again.
    • Added my Z10 to BB Link.

Still not working. I've noticed allot entries like the one below in my Windows system logs. What is RIMDNS?
    Log Name: Application
    Source: RIM MDNS
    Date: 4/26/2013 16:35:34
    Event ID: 100
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Gray-PC
    Description:
    708: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="RIM MDNS" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">100</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-26T23:35:34.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>40613</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Gray-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>708: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

RIM MDNS

Log Name: Application
    Source: RIM MDNS
    Date: 4/26/2013 16:35:34
    Event ID: 100
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Gray-PC
    Description:
    708: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="RIM MDNS" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">100</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-26T23:35:34.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>40613</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Gray-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>708: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Just trying to rule out the obvious. You have your Z10 checked in BB Link as a device that you will grant remote file access to, right?
    04-26-13 06:49 PM
    Yes it's checked off.
    What folders are you trying to access? Anything funky about them?

Maybe try another PC just to rule that out?
    04-26-13 06:52 PM
    Hello Linking to my post, so as not to retype... Any thoughts from this group on what might be the issue with me getting this setup?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issing-800255/
    I have had same experience. Same infrastructure at work and a co-worker's does work.
    04-26-13 06:53 PM
    Just everything under C:\Users\Gray. I'm able to see access them from another PC by using \\GRAY-PC\Users\Gray but I'm required to put in my windows credentials for the machine. (Gray-PC\user name....). Should I be placing my credentials to access the files from the Z10?

cwoodffr has the same issue.
    04-26-13 06:59 PM
    Just everything under C:\Users\Gray. I'm able to see access them from another PC by using \\GRAY-PC\Users\Gray but I'm required to put in my windows credentials for the machine. (Gray-PC\user name....). Should I be placing my credentials to access the files from the Z10?

cwoodffr has the same issue.
    If you have not already, try linking to each folder directly and not just to the Users Directory:

c:\Users\Gray\Documents NOT c:\Users\Gray\
    04-26-13 07:05 PM
    Update: rebooted the Z and now its working!
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-26-13 07:19 PM
    What....

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:26 PM
    Didn't work. I'll try and reboot and see what happens.

If you have not already, try linking to each folder directly and not just to the Users Directory:

c:\Users\Gray\Documents NOT c:\Users\Gray\
    04-26-13 07:56 PM
542 ... 56789 ...