I am sitting here at my desk at work and I wonder if I can access my home PC files through File Manager.

Yes!

Now I have access to all my files, music, pictures, and video EVERYWHERE and I don't have to rely on some cloud storage provider. I am my own cloud storage provider.

BlackBerry: Be the Cloud!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:39 AM
    How?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:41 AM
    How?

Posted via CB10
    With 10.1 and the new BlackBerry Link update. It's built in and easy to set up.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:48 AM
    Does the home computer have to be running or no?

Posted on my Z10
    Pilchard likes this.
    04-26-13 06:49 AM
    Does the home computer have to be running or no?

Posted on my Z10
    Of course.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:51 AM
    Remote File Access: Awesome!-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:52 AM
    Wow! So, even over cellular or on a different Wi-Fi?
    04-26-13 06:53 AM
    Wow! So, even over cellular or on a different Wi-Fi?
    Anything. Everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:54 AM
    Dude m so jealous..that's the feature I was looking forward to the most.
    Z10STL100-1/10.0.10.648.. my BlackBerry link is updated but not my z10
    Can't wait for official 10.1 update!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:55 AM
    Sweeeeet. I've got tons of music on my home pc. This is great.

Posted via Vader10
    naudurivsm likes this.
    04-26-13 06:56 AM
    Dude m so jealous..that's the feature I was looking forward to the most.
    Z10STL100-1/10.0.10.648.. my BlackBerry link is updated but not my z10
    Can't wait for official 10.1 update!!!

Posted via CB10
    Someone's got to leak that release for you stl100-1 guys. Not fair.

But yes. Until then. Be jealous.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:56 AM
    Sick.

Gonna try this when I get home. Wait. So do we need the 10.1 update on our phones or just the recent BlackBerry Link update?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:57 AM
    Sick.

Gonna try this when I get home. Wait. So do we need the 10.1 update on our phones or just the recent BlackBerry Link update?

Posted via CB10
    Both (I think).

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:58 AM
    It actually gets sicker! I can save files from my z10 directly onto my PC. It is not just read access.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:08 AM
    Wow this is pretty huge... how quick can it pull up and play a video file?

They need to somehow integrate it with the Media apps so that you can play music stored on your home pc through the main music app... this is something Bridge never got right... it only played one song at a time and was clunky. If they can get this right, no need to have gigs and gigs of media content taking up space on your device. THIS is the cloud.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-26-13 07:14 AM
    Woooow, can we modify shared-folder contents with permissions???
    If adding a new file is thr, I guess this shud be there too.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:15 AM
    Oh wow am so looking forward to this, just waiting on the official update for the phone Os. Have already updated blackberry link.

This and the release of Skype and my life is complete

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:16 AM
    Awesome feature. Have to wait for the official 10.1 release can't wipe my phone to download the leak.
    04-26-13 07:19 AM
    Wow this is pretty huge... how quick can it pull up and play a video file?

They need to somehow integrate it with the Media apps so that you can play music stored on your home pc through the main music app... this is something Bridge never got right... it only played one song at a time and was clunky. If they can get this right, no need to have gigs and gigs of media content taking up space on your device. THIS is the cloud.
    I've got a good connection here at work and it is pretty fast. The folders that I am linked to have tens of thousands of files in them so it takes maybe 15 seconds to sync. But, Everything works.

You are right that there should be better integration. I would like to see an option to Share to the PC as well as integration with media apps. Still, there are work arounds for these things. The important things are you have read and write access to whatever you want.

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1, kyleheney and d.roc like this.
    04-26-13 07:21 AM
    Awesome!

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    giorgoskyropoulos likes this.
    04-26-13 07:23 AM
    I've got a good connection here at work and it is pretty fast. The folders that I am linked to have tens of thousands of files in them so it takes maybe 15 seconds to sync. But, Everything works.

You are right that there should be better integration. I would like to see an option to Share to the PC as well as integration with media apps. Still, there are work arounds for these things. The important things are you have read and write access to whatever you want.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply. Great info. This is definitely a big step in the right direction. This is basically BB's version of their own "cloud" service without having to create the resources to support millions of users' gigs and gigs of content. Such a smarter approach in my opinion.

PS: "Share to - - - PC" would be incredible. I can't see them not doing this at some point. They've got Box set up this way in the share menu, they should definitely be able to integrate a PC share as well.
    04-26-13 07:24 AM
    Wait what?

You don't even have to be on the same network?

So as long as I have link open on my computer at home, I can access my files from anywhere? Does the z10 need to be on wifi as well, or is this possible running off the mobile network?

Anyone have a link from BlackBerry that details exactly what is capable? Not at home right now but I could do with some good reading on my lunch break...

Edit: The temptation is too much, launching Link via LogMeIn right now

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:27 AM
    Wait what?

So as long as I have link open on my computer at home, I can access my files from anywhere? Does the z10 new to be on wifi as well, or is this possible running off the mobile network?

Anyone have a link from BlackBerry that explains exactly what and how this works? Not at home right now but I could do with some good reading on my lunch break...

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It works over cellular too.

Mind Blown.

No documentation that I know of. Why would BlackBerry let anyone know about an awesome feature? It's a secret. Don't tell anyone.

Posted via CB10
    kyleheney, DocDRM, Geeoff and 4 others like this.
    04-26-13 07:30 AM
    Wait what?

So as long as I have link open on my computer at home, I can access my files from anywhere? Does the z10 new to be on wifi as well, or is this possible running off the mobile network?

Anyone have a link from BlackBerry that explains exactly what and how this works? Not at home right now but I could do with some good reading on my lunch break...

Posted via CB10
    your pc needs to be running blackberry link and pc must be connected to the internet
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-26-13 07:30 AM
    Thus is huge!! Now... how do I get my IT to add BlackBerry Link as an exception to firewall policy? ****e!!!

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    04-26-13 07:32 AM
542 123 ...