I am having trouble connecting my phone to my computer via WIFI so I can transfer music, photos etc instead of using a USB connection. On my phone it says go to settings to connect and when I go there everything is on and shows its connected. On the overflow menu it shows my computer and in brackets shows (offline), but my computer is on with Blackberry link on as well.
    Remote File Access-img_00000487.png
    Remote File Access-img_00000486.png
    Remote File Access-img_00000485.png
    10-28-13 04:31 PM
    Do you know if your bblink shows connected on pc?
    10-28-13 04:46 PM
    I have a question regarding all this...why in the world can we not immediately see the actual photos inside folders when navigating through folders from link? I want to see each and every photo in there as I navigate through them. All I see are flower symbols. If I move each photo out of the folder,i can then see each photo. If I don't do this, all I see are flower symbols, instead of my pics...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:05 PM
    I think there is a conflict between the names "Z10 beast" and "beast". Try to make them the same and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:59 PM
    I think there is a conflict between the names "Z10 beast" and "beast". Try to make them the same and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    No. One is computer and the other BlackBerry

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    10-28-13 08:19 PM
    I am having trouble connecting my phone to my computer via WIFI so I can transfer music, photos etc instead of using a USB connection. On my phone it says go to settings to connect and when I go there everything is on and shows its connected. On the overflow menu it shows my computer and in brackets shows (offline), but my computer is on with Blackberry link on as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000487.png 
Views:	780 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	215132

Name:	IMG_00000486.png 
Views:	784 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	215133

Name:	IMG_00000485.png 
Views:	777 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	215134
    Using McAfee by any chance? If so, turn firewall off and test. No one here has got it to work with McAfee. I did not renew subscription.

10-28-13 08:21 PM
    There are some other threads on problems getting this to work. In one, having Verizon (not your issue) as a carrier seems to be implicated as odd as that it!
    10-28-13 08:24 PM
    There are some other threads on problems getting this to work. In one, having Verizon (not your issue) as a carrier seems to be implicated as odd as that it!
    I tried all the fixes for McAfee along with hundreds of others to no avail.

10-28-13 08:26 PM
    Just turn the firewall off. See if that works.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:35 PM
    Just turn the firewall off. See if that works.

Posted via CB10
    As per my first reply :-)

10-28-13 09:08 PM
    I had this and I simply toggled on and off my allow remote access check box in Link which fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:11 PM
    Hiya, maybe I am missing something.
    I use my PC to copy *to* the z10 (simpler). All I did was this:

Make sure you are connected to you wi-fi network
    In Settings->Storage and Access turn "Access using Wi-Fi" to on and set a password
    Find you IP addres in Settings->About->Network (make sure you use the wi-fi not 3g/4g one)

Go to you PC/Linux/MAC computer and go to:

linux/mac -> smb://1.1.1.1
    windows -> \\1.1.1.1

where 1.1.1.1 is the IP of your phone
    Enter the password/username (username is on the network page - normally BlackBerry)

Welcome to your phone This is one of the more awesome features of bb10. Blows all the other systems away. Forget Mass Storage, just connect straight to the phone!

Hope this helps
    10-28-13 10:23 PM
    I find sometimes I have to log out of BBID in link from time to time and log back in. Also, if my phone loses all connections like at my office, I find that restarting my phone works once I have a signal.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:12 PM
    Going to test all these options out thank you for your replies will let you know what happens.

Posted via ZED10
    10-28-13 11:14 PM
    Not being logged into BlackBerry Link screwed me up the first time using it. Just last week I tried to use it again but it wouldn't work at all. To fix this I went to Blackberry.com and downloaded the latest version of Link and it works like a charm now..

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:30 PM
    Using McAfee by any chance? If so, turn firewall off and test. No one here has got it to work with McAfee. I did not renew subscription.

No im not using MacAfee.
    10-29-13 12:40 PM
    Not being logged into BlackBerry Link screwed me up the first time using it. Just last week I tried to use it again but it wouldn't work at all. To fix this I went to Blackberry.com and downloaded the latest version of Link and it works like a charm now..

Posted via CB10
    I did this and it seemed like it was going to work but nothing ever loaded on my phone. It just showed the loading circle for about 2-3 mins and nothing loaded.
    10-29-13 12:42 PM
    Hiya, maybe I am missing something.
    I use my PC to copy *to* the z10 (simpler). All I did was this:

Make sure you are connected to you wi-fi network
    In Settings->Storage and Access turn "Access using Wi-Fi" to on and set a password
    Find you IP addres in Settings->About->Network (make sure you use the wi-fi not 3g/4g one)

Go to you PC/Linux/MAC computer and go to:

linux/mac -> smb://1.1.1.1
    windows -> \\1.1.1.1

where 1.1.1.1 is the IP of your phone
    Enter the password/username (username is on the network page - normally BlackBerry)

Welcome to your phone This is one of the more awesome features of bb10. Blows all the other systems away. Forget Mass Storage, just connect straight to the phone!

Hope this helps

Remote File Access-networking.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 04:02 PM
    I had everything "showing up" in both BBLink and on my new Z30 but when I tried to access my PC via my Z30, it would do the busy circle (I could almost hear the poor thing grunting and breathing hard) and ended up with a blank screen.

I went into BBLink and renamed the computer.

I went into the device "About" screen and renamed the device.

I went into the device settings "BlackBerry Link" and turned it off.

I refreshed the device list in BlackBerry Link.

I unchecked the "share with device" checkbox in BlackBerry Link.

Nothing worked.

I turned things back on. It worked.

I renamed the computer back to what I wanted it to be called. It still works.

There's simply something wrong with the device handshake protocol: it's dropping out some confirmation or error and not informing the user and certainly not trying to resolve it on its own... but if you persevere you can get it to work.

BlackBerry: FIX IT!
    FF22 and katesbb like this.
    10-30-13 05:31 PM
    I had everything "showing up" in both BBLink and on my new Z30 but when I tried to access my PC via my Z30, it would do the busy circle (I could almost hear the poor thing grunting and breathing hard) and ended up with a blank screen.

Nothing worked.

There's simply something wrong with the device handshake protocol: it's dropping out some confirmation or error and not informing the user and certainly not trying to resolve it on its own... but if you persevere you can get it to work.

Did you try it with your firewall turned off?

10-30-13 08:10 PM
    guys try different mobile connection speeds. You really need all bars not two or will find it difficult to connect. I've had the Z10 and now have the Z30 and have had similar offline issues which are quickly resolved by switching to a connection speed that has full bars give it a try.

I find if I toggle off and on AIRPLANE mode works 110% of the time.
    Last edited by Curly_lid; 11-07-13 at 03:21 PM.
    11-03-13 11:48 AM

Nothing worked.

Thanks for this, it worked for me once before, but this time (after a Restore) it didn't work until I also unshared all my folders from BlackBerry Link, then added them back again.
    05-10-14 12:09 PM
    It may be your Router

Z10
    05-10-14 12:23 PM
    I played with this feature for hours when I was running a build just prior to the 10.2.1.xxxx official release from AT&T. I found out that the feature would not work since my Blackberry I.D. began with a capital letter. I ran a security wipe and reloaded my Blackberry I.D. with a non-cap letter (but the same I.D. otherwise since it is the same as my email address) and, viola, it worked, and more quickly than it ever had before. It now works almost instantly with either wifi or the mobile network. Could not believe that was all the difference necessary to resolve the failure to connect. Note, two builds back it did not matter whether my Blackberry I.D. began with a capital letter, it still worked. Go figure!
    Check your Blackberry I.D. Make sure it does not begin with a capital letter. If it does, wipe the phone and set it up again. Unfortunately, you had better backup first if you need to reload a lot of data. I did not, so I reloaded all by hand.

Enjoy!
    05-10-14 02:02 PM
    It may be your Router
    Could be, but it's hard to know what it is, as the "fix" is never consistent for me.

What is consistent is that it never works for me after an OS update or Restore (the laptop always shows as "Offline"). If I do nothing, it never will work. If I fiddle with the settings, especially by renaming my device and laptop, somewhere along the way it'll work again - and keeps working flawlessly until the next OS update or Restore.
    05-10-14 02:27 PM
31 12