Does anyone have this working? I've tried it on both my work laptop and my personal laptops, both running Win 7, but neither show any files on the Z10?

Tried turning the firewall off, no difference, on both occassions the laptops and z10 were on the same wifi, whether the "public" one at work or my own at home.

Oooo hang on I've got it working
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-16-13 02:12 PM
    Mine works like a charm

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:16 PM
    Care to explain how?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:22 PM
    I had issues with it at first. I noticed that the BB file manager wasn't showing the apostrophe in my computer's name properly, so I went into BB Link. There's an edit button beside your computer's name. Change it to include no apostrophes and other characters (no spaces either, if you want to be safe, which is how I did it). Then sign out of BB link, and turn off Link in your phone's settings. Enable everything again, and connect your phone via USB. When it syncs, it'll also enable link, and in the future, you can use it wirelessly. You have to connect your Z10 to BB Link by wire and have it show up and sync the first time before you are able to use it wirelessly!
    05-16-13 02:23 PM
    I had it working last night over my wifi, but tried now and showed my computer offline. I suspect because my computer went into sleep mode. oing to wake it and set to stay on.
    05-16-13 02:23 PM
    yeh mines stopped again, seems flaky sadly
    05-16-13 02:25 PM
    yeh mines stopped again, seems flaky sadly
    I've had mine working perfectly fine since I updated, so the issue isn't the feature itself. Your router might be blocking certain ports or something, but I can assure you that Remote File Access itself is far from flakey. I've used it to stream movies, music, get documents, etc. It works perfectly fine. If you have another computer, you might want to try with that and see if it solves your issues.
    05-16-13 02:27 PM
    Biggest thing is keeping your computer on line. Having it going to sleep seems to shut down the linking. Have a tower with Win XP and it seems to go to sleep and shuts off the connections. The at least tells you the computer is off line.

When it works, it is nice. Seems quite snappy too.
    05-16-13 02:28 PM
    Posting to keep in the loop. Can't get it to work. Going to go thru the steps listed above again.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-16-13 07:01 PM
    Mine works np,s at first it did not, but I uninstalled bb link and reinstalled it and it worked.
    05-16-13 07:11 PM
    and make sure you are sign into bblink with your bbid...I have seen some peeps forgetting about that
    05-16-13 07:25 PM
    Does anyone have this working? I've tried it on both my work laptop and my personal laptops, both running Win 7, but neither show any files on the Z10?

Tried turning the firewall off, no difference, on both occassions the laptops and z10 were on the same wifi, whether the "public" one at work or my own at home.

Oooo hang on I've got it working
    You have to add BlackBerry Link to the allowed applications in the firewall.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-16-13 07:38 PM
    I've found it doesn't work if your laptop goes into it's screensaver...is that right? Don't want to leave the laptop on all day without the screensaver working.

Other than that it works great.
    07-02-13 09:55 AM
    I've found it doesn't work if your laptop goes into it's screensaver...is that right? Don't want to leave the laptop on all day without the screensaver working.

Other than that it works great.
    Screen savers were important when we were using tube based monitors. Plasma tv screens can get a burn in as well. LCD and LED screens on laptops won't have a burn in issue so a screen saver is not important, nor is it needed.
    jordandub likes this.
    07-02-13 11:43 AM