Hi,

I just installed OS 10.1 on my Z10 and discovered BlackBerry Remote Access. I have the phone and my computer linked as the computer name shows in the File Manager. But when I go into BB link and say what files to have shared and save then go to my phone to see it, nothing shows.

I can click the computer name from my phone and open it, then I get the blue status circle and nothing/no files show up on my phone.

What do you think I am doing wrong and how can I fix it so I can see my files.

On a related note, I have Symantec Endpoint running my Firewall, and tried turning it all off to see if the Access would work then, but it did not...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-15-13 02:38 AM
    Hi,

I just installed OS 10.1 on my Z10 and discovered BlackBerry Remote Access. I have the phone and my computer linked as the computer name shows in the File Manager. But when I go into BB link and say what files to have shared and save then go to my phone to see it, nothing shows.

I can click the computer name from my phone and open it, then I get the blue status circle and nothing/no files show up on my phone.

What do you think I am doing wrong and how can I fix it so I can see my files.

On a related note, I have Symantec Endpoint running my Firewall, and tried turning it all off to see if the Access would work then, but it did not...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Hi GoLeafsGo and welcome to the CB community !
    Have you connected Link using you BBID (same as Z10) ? If yes, Your Name should be displayed on top of link window.
    Attached Thumbnails Remote Access Not Showing Files-capture.png  
    07-15-13 05:37 AM
    The remote file access used to work for me, both over wifi and 3G, but has stopped working last week. Now I do not even see my computer in the Z10 file manager (though I see my computed paired under Z10�s BB Link settings). BB Link on notebook tells me there are no paired BB10 devices. What a mess and it used to work so elegantly! But definitely not a firewall issue.
    07-15-13 06:53 PM
    The remote file access used to work for me, both over wifi and 3G, but has stopped working last week. Now I do not even see my computer in the Z10 file manager (though I see my computed paired under Z10�s BB Link settings). BB Link on notebook tells me there are no paired BB10 devices. What a mess and it used to work so elegantly! But definitely not a firewall issue.
    Sry but same question... are you (still) logged in in link ?
    And I add : have you checked the BlackBerry Link settings on the Z/Q ?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:02 PM
    hi all,

im having the same issue. it used to work, and now it doesn't. i tried deleting the setting off my phone and re-adding it but now the computer won't show up when i try to re-add it. i've paired the phone to link on my computer, i'm logged in and checked the remote file access box, designated the folders i want to share, went into my phone, settings>blackberry link, but it doesn't show me the computer there

am i missing something?
    Last edited by Rayysai; 07-15-13 at 11:38 PM.
    07-15-13 11:12 PM
    nobody knows?
    07-18-13 01:02 PM
    Looks like I'm in the same boat!
    VZW finally pushed out the 10.1 update yesterday, so I can finally use Link.
    I've got everything setup correctly and even enabled "Use Cellular Network" in the Link settings.
    Link is running on the PC and I have confirmed that I am logged into BB.
    BB Link on the PC shows Remote File Access is enabled, and folders are shared. (for testing purposes, I've also added a few specific folders in case entire "drives" cannot be shared in Link).
    On my phone, Link is enabled and I can see my PC as a selection when I am in File Manager. But when I click on it, I get the blue circle that shows it's searching for files, but then comes up empty. I can even "Add a Folder" and it shows on the Z10, but not on the PC.

I've tried renaming my Z10 (in Link as well), and completely disabled my Symantec firewall, but still no luck!

Any ideas?
    07-27-13 06:30 PM
    I know it was discovered with the 10.1 leaks that with Verizon, this won't work if you have the mobile network on. If you turn it off you can have access to remote files over wi-fi.

If other non-Verizon people are having this issue, it might be your particular mobile network as well.

As far as Verizon, you'd think they would have fixed this as long as it took them to release 10.1. Apparently not.
    ericsnyc and sklotz2000 like this.
    07-27-13 07:53 PM
    Exact same thing just randomly started happening to me

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 01:57 AM
    I'm from the Philippines and im having the exact problem..

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 03:22 AM
    I know it was discovered with the 10.1 leaks that with Verizon, this won't work if you have the mobile network on. If you turn it off you can have access to remote files over wi-fi.

If other non-Verizon people are having this issue, it might be your particular mobile network as well.

As far as Verizon, you'd think they would have fixed this as long as it took them to release 10.1. Apparently not.
    Thank you battleax78!
    That was the issue. Although it defeats the purpose, at least I now know the cause.
    Seems like Verizon just can't get their schitt together!
    07-28-13 03:42 PM
    Works now, thanks
    08-01-13 01:31 AM
    Now having the same issue here, was working after update, now, out of the blue [circle], it's not, on VZW latest software update - see signature:

Mobile network on or off, still no go.
    Link Remote access shows device [Z10].
    Logged into Link, shows name.
    BB Link on device shows on, and shows computer name as paired device.
    'Use cellular network' on or not, result the same.
    Have not tried deleting the paired computer from device in settings, BB Link, as after reading one comment here, they weren't able to re-add the computer after doing so.
    File Manager shows computer name in menu list, tap, blue circle, but does not populate, shows computer name on top, but white field will not populate - blank.

Wonder if an application hosed it up somehow?
    08-18-13 09:42 AM
    Had the same problem with Verizon. I was only able to connect when turning off mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 09:49 AM
    Had the same problem with Verizon. I was only able to connect when turning off mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, read that fix, tried it, but didn't resolve it
    08-18-13 09:53 AM
    Were you able to get you computer to show back up and get your remote file access to work again? If so, how?
    08-18-13 10:31 AM
    Well, just went into Settings, Media Sharing, turned Share music, pictures and videos 'Off', and there it is, WORKS! Even with mobile network turned ON, it works! Wonder what the conflict is there??
    08-18-13 12:11 PM
    Try going into Settings, Media Sharing and turn off 'Share music' 'Share pictures' and 'Share videos', turn your 'Mobile Network' on, and try it again, this just worked for me here - not sure of the conflict that would cause this though
    08-18-13 12:13 PM
    I am having the exact same issue attempting to view PC files comes out as blank.

10.1.0.4181 - Rogers
    Logged into link
    Computer is online
    phone is paired

It shows zero files when I try to access it. Tried turning off mediasharing no luck.
    08-20-13 07:31 AM
    Also try logging out and then into Link with your BBID again. Then uncheck your device in remote access in Link settings, refresh devices, recheck your device again. Ensure as well, that your BBID in Link [upper right] matches your BBID on your device in Settings, About. In addition, try waiting at least 6 minutes before trying remote access after each attempt/change made to fix it. You can also try turning airplane mode on and off after restarts.
    gebco likes this.
    08-21-13 05:19 AM
    Updated yesterday, restarted my computer and all my files started appearing again! Yay for remote access

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:44 AM
    On Rogers. Not working for me. Tried everything so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:26 PM
    I did as BB10QNX suggested: I logged out of my BBID in Link, logged back in and voil�, files are showing again!
    10-14-13 12:11 AM
    Verizon and official OS. Turning off Mobile Connection briefly showed my PC on the z10 but then it stopped working when I tried a minute later. I also turned off the Media Sharing items mentioned - no change.
    10-14-13 12:40 AM
    Verizon and official OS. Turning off Mobile Connection briefly showed my PC on the z10 but then it stopped working when I tried a minute later. I also turned off the Media Sharing items mentioned - no change.
    I tried what you did but the only thing that worked was logging out and back in as suggested above.
    10-14-13 01:06 AM
27 12